• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

11 and 0 when Murray has 20+ carries

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Murray needs 12-15 1st half carries next week. Just script the damn thing, but wear the Eagles D down, keep their explosive O off the field, set up play action, and lets get another home game

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Garrett, there has to be something to that. We ran the ball late,even when down by 9and won the game. Will Garrett get it?

This is the biggest problem I have had with this team since Garrett has been here. We don't seem to know when we should pass the ball or when to run it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the play calling was pretty good today. There is always that one drive where everything looks like pass pass pass punt and it happened again today. Dez was open and it looked like it could have went for big yards. It was on first down. I dont know if he dropped it or what. It looked like he did but maybe the throw was to far away from him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a much better team when we don't abandon the run. I don't get into the records and attrribute them to doing or not doing certain things because sometimes the running causes a win and other times (like last week SHOULD have been) you run because you are up so much and win.

We again built a lead with a balanced offense. We started the 2nd half and our first 3 drives ended because of bad things, all in the passing game (Fumble, INT, 3 out and with a sack). Next time we got the ball it was clear that this team finally understood that you don't abandon the run and we had a nice long drive with plenty of Murray mixed in even though we were down two scores. The Skins couldn't pin back their ears and sit back in the zone because we were running also. Last drive time was short, so we wisely had to go to a two minute offense.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When this team is at it's best is when they represent the ability to run or pass. When we line up in 5 wide, sacks and turnovers are on the way. When we line up in jumbo, no wides and run into an 11 man rugby scrum, we get stuffed. Keep, Romo under center, Murray behind him. Keep Dez on the damn field. Make them defend all of our weapons and we are very tough. When we get one dimensional, we suck ass

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a much better team when we don't abandon the run. I don't get into the records and attrribute them to doing or not doing certain things because sometimes the running causes a win and other times (like last week SHOULD have been) you run because you are up so much and win.

We again built a lead with a balanced offense. We started the 2nd half and our first 3 drives ended because of bad things, all in the passing game (Fumble, INT, 3 out and with a sack). Next time we got the ball it was clear that this team finally understood that you don't abandon the run and we had a nice long drive with plenty of Murray mixed in even though we were down two scores. The Skins couldn't pin back their ears and sit back in the zone because we were running also. Last drive time was short, so we wisely had to go to a two minute offense.

:agree: Dallas has the lowest run to pass ratio in the NFL. IMO its why they are 8 and 7 instead of 10 and 5 or better. I like your comment about how the Skins couldn't pin their ears back because we were mixing it up. That's exactly what Green Bay did in the second half in week 15, even they were surprised Dallas quit running the ball. You have to keep your opponent guessing, something Dallas has not done very well this year.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: Dallas has the lowest run to pass ratio in the NFL. IMO its why they are 8 and 7 instead of 10 and 5 or better. I like your comment about how the Skins couldn't pin their ears back because we were mixing it up. That's exactly what Green Bay did in the second half in week 15, even they were surprised Dallas quit running the ball. You have to keep your opponent guessing, something Dallas has not done very well this year.

With this defense not sure we'd be 10-5 but had we tried running the ball more in the 2nd half of the GB game im confident we would have won that game.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With this defense not sure we'd be 10-5 but had we tried running the ball more in the 2nd half of the GB game im confident we would have won that game.

10 and 5 really isn't that far fetched. If we had ran the ball more against GB and won, that would put us at 9 and 6 now. I'm sure if you looked, there is at least one more game we could have won with a running game.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take the San Diego game for instance. Dallas lead at the half 21 to 13, and led 21 to 20 after three. Murray only saw 14 total carries in that game, he averaged 5 yards per carry with a long of only 14 yards. Who knows how many yards he might have gotten, or how many points Dallas may have scored, how much more time they may have eaten up to keep SD offense off the field. Could have easily won that game, and should have.

Pencil Sharpener

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Garret knows when to run the ball, maybe he does not. Eventually this evens out and we do not stay undefeated when Murray carries 20 times. Plus that is over what? 2.5 years?

Our record with him carrying that much if he had been healthy would be closer to .500 if he had 20 carries a game for these past 40 games.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Garret knows when to run the ball, maybe he does not. Eventually this evens out and we do not stay undefeated when Murray carries 20 times. Plus that is over what? 2.5 years?

Our record with him carrying that much if he had been healthy would be closer to .500 if he had 20 carries a game for these past 40 games.

You don't know that, that's a lot of ifs. I do know its not working the way they are doing it know, so lets just keep doing it that way. Don't try to run it more, and they will stay a .500 or worse team. Oh and I don't expect them to stay undefeated when he has 20 or more carries for his career. Numbers do not lie however, they are a better team when he does get 20 or more carries overall.

Pencil Sharpener

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know that, that's a lot of ifs. I do know its not working the way they are doing it know, so lets just keep doing it that way. Don't try to run it more, and they will stay a .500 or worse team. Oh and I don't expect them to stay undefeated when he has 20 or more carries for his career. Numbers do not lie however, they are a better team when he does get 20 or more carries overall.

Everything runs in cycles dude, ask Peterson, ask the Vikings.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything runs in cycles dude, ask Peterson, ask the Vikings.

You use the Vikings as an example, they do not have a QB worth squat. They have no passing game to go with Peterson. You have to be balanced at running and throwing, Dallas and the Vikings do not have that balance.