• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

100-mile Giles Is a Winner!

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't understand why fans feel you "hate" a player when you present their flaws. he's not a top tier closer and we traded him at his peak, which is something i always love.

i liked him while he was here and i am rooting for the astros in the playoffs. it's like, if you want to say guys like him and velasquez are super good and people just have to be patient.. then fine. but stop trying to debate and argue it though while they fail at their job. it's idiotic. can't say that enough.

No one said you hate Giles or Velasquez or that they are are super good at this time. You presented their current flaws. Some here believe that with patience Vinnie can develop into a first line starter and you simply disagree with that because of current failures that seemingly cannot be corrected, and we must stop trying to debate whether he can be successful; that for me is idiotic. I'm glad the Phils are giving him the opportunity.

Giles, despite his poor outing last night, was a great acquisition for the Astros because he saved 34 games this year with 2.30 ERA in 63 appearances, which helped the team to 101 wins and into the playoffs. No one says he's a super star but he mostly gets the job done along some flaws which is exactly what Houston needed.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wrap. 8 pitches, 2 hits, 3 ER, no outs. His fastball must have been weak tonight. Giles charged with the loss.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giles stinks. He needs to mature in his mind. Pathetic outing when his team needed him the most!