• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #10 Oklahoma State at #23 Texas (FOX)

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not looking that way in the BU/TT game thread. A few UT fans pulling for TT there.

I think you're looking too far down the road, Charlie. UT just needs to win out, and hope BU loses this one and to you. Oh, and pull for OU in Bedlam. :laugh3:

Baylor is now leading 21-20. Nothing is wrong with what I wrote earlier.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor is now leading 21-20. Nothing is wrong with what I wrote earlier.

It's a shootout!

Yeah, I see your point from the UT pov. Had my Sooner goggles on.

Still want TT to win.

GUNZUP!!!

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? He is easily the #2 HC at Texas. You tell me who was better, other than DKR?

I'll give you he is probably second best, but his record is still average at best. It's hard to find a great coach, I admit it. Don't forget who we are. We want for nothing. We have everything. Please don't forget that he only has 4 BCS games, and he is one player away from having NO national championships. BTW, he isn't a great recruiter in my opinion. If he was, we would have better players. He is a good recruiter, but with our resources, he SHOULD be great.

Charlie, we will never agree. Let it go and move on.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you he is probably second best, but his record is still average at best. It's hard to find a great coach, I admit it. Don't forget who we are. We want for nothing. We have everything. Please don't forget that he only has 4 BCS games, and he is one player away from having NO national championships. BTW, he isn't a great recruiter in my opinion. If he was, we would have better players. He is a good recruiter, but with our resources, he SHOULD be great.

Charlie, we will never agree. Let it go and move on.

You are full of shit. Average coaches don't win BCS NC's. smh. He's gone after this season. I attended Texas in '76 and graduated in '85. I've endured more Longhorn coaches than you.
I'm not writing than he's a great coach. He's a great recruiter and a below-average game day coach. Overall he's an above average coach.

Between 2000-2009, the Longhorns were in the Top3 with FBS victories. Below average coaches don't do that.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no doubt he is the #2 Longhorn HC. If not him, who?
Yep, I know you are the fool from SeeBS. You had the numbers 1414 after your moniker, IIRC.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with Baylor winning tonite and or the BIG 12 CC.

They were down 20-7 and have outscored TTU 28-7 since then and without their 2 best rushers.

noy bad.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are full of shit. Average coaches don't win BCS NC's. smh. He's gone after this season. I attended Texas in '76 and graduated in '85. I've endured more Longhorn coaches than you.
I'm not writing than he's a great coach. He's a great recruiter and a below-average game day coach. Overall he's an above average coach.

Between 2000-2009, the Longhorns were in the Top3 with FBS victories. Below average coaches don't do that.

Average coaches can win BCS championships. You surround yourself with talented asst. coaches. For example: Bob Stoops. You are kind of saying the same thing I am. "Below average game day coach and over all an average coach." I totally agree with you! Remember, I'm the one who has said this for 4 years. Yes CBS message board. We agree here!!! We disagree in some areas, bur overall we are splitting hairs.

"There is no doubt he is the #2 Longhorn HC. If not him, who?" You better go back and read my reply again. Again, I agree with you. I just think we should have better. I've always thought that. Just an opinion.

We disagree strongly on two things. One, I don't think he is a great recruiter. Good, but not great. I base that on always losing at least one game every year to someone we shouldn't just about every year, and only 4 BCS games. If you have great talent on the field from great recruiting, you do better then that over 16 years. Two, you calling plays that Texas should have run from your living room. Trust me, these coaches know the strengths and weaknesses of our players and more importantly Ok. st. players. They call plays that they think gives them the best odds at that moment in time. Is there some guessing involved, yes, but for the most part it's based on a strategy. It doesn't always work out, but I'll take their calls over a living room journalism student any day. If they called plays like Boise St, then it's because they thought it gave them the best chance to win. Again, maybe we just don't have the talent to pull it off. Back to that recruiting thing. Again, we disagree. Still think you just need to let it go.

P.S. Yes I'm the same Phantom. I never said I wasn't. I could careless that you know that. Why is that a big deal for you?

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been out of state for business all weekend and didn't get to see the game - luckily.

Looks like we won total yards and time of possession. Appears we ran a bunch of the old dink and dunk and sideline screen shit that has sucked for years. Also looks like 3 ints were the major factor?

Yes? No? Were the ints all Case fault?

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yer boys just got beat, period.

derp threw some clunkers, but OSU is just better.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok, so we didn't win yards and top? I didn't get to watch but do you think if we don't throw 3 ints, already having controlled clock and yards - we still woulda lost?

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't see it either, but that's probably true. The "OSU" being better is what has to change in Austin.

boomtown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same story with Baylor...once they face a real defense and have some turnovers they'll get flustered and then crushed...Oregon two years in a row...Oklakoma State 52 Baylor 20

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

End of day this is correct. Texas has 21 players that can play with OSU, but the QB spot is weak. When you play teams that can match most of your strenths, they tend to find the weakness. That is what happened

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of day this is correct. Texas has 21 players that can play with OSU, but the QB spot is weak. When you play teams that can match most of your strenths, they tend to find the weakness. That is what happened

No no no......according to El Texan, we're all fools because CASE has consistently succeeded.......at what, I don't know.

You take away the running game, and force Case to beat you......10 times outta 9 (you read that right) you will win the game. He's just too limited as a QB, and shouldn't be on the field.

I'd have rather taken chances running zone read with Overstreet/Swoopes.

And Mack NEEDS to apologize to Swoopes for pulling his RS. If you're down 25 in the 4th, WHAT is stopping you from playing the kid? Especially after your starter threw 3 INTs? THIS alone is why Mack has to go. That shit makes no sense whatsover. The game was OVER before the 4th quarter even started.....Case had no business on the field. There was no point to any of it, none.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No no no......according to El Texan, we're all fools because CASE has consistently succeeded.......at what, I don't know.

You take away the running game, and force Case to beat you......10 times outta 9 (you read that right) you will win the game. He's just too limited as a QB, and shouldn't be on the field.

I'd have rather taken chances running zone read with Overstreet/Swoopes.

And Mack NEEDS to apologize to Swoopes for pulling his RS. If you're down 25 in the 4th, WHAT is stopping you from playing the kid? Especially after your starter threw 3 INTs? THIS alone is why Mack has to go. That shit makes no sense whatsover. The game was OVER before the 4th quarter even started.....Case had no business on the field. There was no point to any of it, none.

Brings me back to the question - were the ints all Cases fault?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brings me back to the question - were the ints all Cases fault?

EVERY last one of them.

He threw his first, a pick 6, with 18 seconds in the half. So instead of going into the locker room down 21-10, we're down 28-10.

The next two were horrible passes more or less thrown directly to the defenders.

When Case is bad, he's BAD. When he's at his absolute best, he's MAYBE average. There's just no point to playing him when he's off his game.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Average coaches win BCS NC's.(?) That's a total BS statement. ... or posters don't understand what average really means. There are 120 plus FBS teams that are coached. The average is 60, but only 1 HC wins a NC every season.
Chizit(sp?) won a NC. Did they cheat? ... it doesn't matter. They won!

Average HC's don't win NC's. Bah! Only above average HC's win NC's. It's like you guckups never participated in sports. I did. I won small time participation sports in bowling, fencing and chess.

Guess what I was right Baylor is winning against Tech 63-34. I got laughed at when they were behind. Me, right. Pumpkin lovers wrong.