• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #10 Oklahoma State at #23 Texas (FOX)

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe....

I still think there is more losses ahead for the Big 12 contenders.

I have this scary lump in my throat that OKLAHOMA will win the Big 12....and brag about another conference title

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KSU barely beat TCU minutes ago, so maybe OU has a chance in that one. :hope: We have no chance against OSU, so if we get 1 of the last 2, its a moral victory.

KU beats WV.....wow, just wow.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I notice the gaggie troll has not compared the Longhorn's record versus ranked teams since 2008 compared to his fabbie team's record.
He probably thinks Sumlin will retire as a gaggie HC.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a funny thought. Saban replaces Mack and Sumlin replaces Saban at Bama. Would that be 3 coaches that had jobs at Bama and the gaggies?

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe....

I still think there is more losses ahead for the Big 12 contenders.

I have this scary lump in my throat that OKLAHOMA will win the Big 12....and brag about another conference title

Don't see this happening. OU drops at least 1 more(to OSU), so is out of it. UT just needs to take it a game at a time and hope BU loses to TT and OSU and OSU loses to OU. Yeah, you just need to cheer for OU in Bedlam. :lol:

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many ranked teams actually play in Austin?

Oklahoma is a neutral site game.

So, that eliminates a lot of opportunity as they are likely to be ranked more than any other Big 12 opponent. Texas has 3 wins over a ranked OU in that time span.

That is kind of a misleading stat....since the most likely Ranked Win will never be in Austin.

It's a trollish statement, since Texas has won against ranked opponents on the road, at neutral sites and in bowl games in the last 2 seasons. Those are a lot harder.
You'll notice he hasn't bragged about his gaggies having a better record against ranked teams at home. Do they have any in the last 2 seasons? I don't even care to look it up.

It was just a stat I ran across. Wasn't trying to troll. Take it for what its worth.

However, Texas has had 2 chances this year with Ole Miss and OSU, one chance with WV last year, 2 chances in 2011 (OSU & KSU), 3 games in 2010 (OSU, Baylor, A&M), No ranked teams came to Austin in 2009 or after OSU in 2008. That's 7 chances in the last 3 season. So its not like there is never a chance.

A&M had no wins at home vs ranked teams in 2012, 1 in 2011 (Baylor), 2 in 2010 (OU, Nebraska).

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back from the game.

Congratulations to Oklahoma State. The best team won the game today.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CASE again......if you're asking to win the game on his arm, you're going to lose.

Can we stop it with this McCoy moxie crap now?

You're seriously a fool. You've been bitching and moaning even when he has repeatedly succeeded.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank goodness...now I can get this ugly orange shit off my avatar.

BenM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I refuse to believe the injured players are responsible for Texas losing in this manner. Coaching is the reason my team got beat this afternoon.
Horns doesn't know that there is a heavy wind blowing from the south in Austin. Telling Case to throw sideline passes into the wind is just stupid. That's why one got intercepted.
It was a really stupid offensive game plan.

Gee, you come across like a guy that wouldn't know a football from a pumpkin. But, you're correct in some respect - the coaching mentality at UT is deplorable. Mack's offensive creation is a stagnant mess. He has a smallish slow QB that's Superglued to the pocket with far less that a Bazooka for a passing arm. So, any type of read option play is out. He apparently thinks that his team is as physical as Alabama and can simply line up and and run over people. They can't - Texas needs a little smoke and mirrors in their offense. Injuries have created some of the problems, but a school such as Texas should not be in the position of not having adequate backups at every position.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Baylor losing to Tech.

The CBesss sight has 3 of the 6 "experts" picking TT.

I know UT, OSU and OU fans are all pulling for TT for the upset. Will make things much more interesting.

TT at least started the scoring orgy off tonight. See if BU can answer.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best part of the game was the flyover.

But it was so friggin windy, the Army guys that were gonna jump into the stadium couldn't.. Kind of summed up the afternoon.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee, you come across like a guy that wouldn't know a football from a pumpkin. But, you're correct in some respect - the coaching mentality at UT is deplorable. Mack's offensive creation is a stagnant mess. He has a smallish slow QB that's Superglued to the pocket with far less that a Bazooka for a passing arm. So, any type of read option play is out. He apparently thinks that his team is as physical as Alabama and can simply line up and and run over people. They can't - Texas needs a little smoke and mirrors in their offense. Injuries have created some of the problems, but a school such as Texas should not be in the position of not having adequate backups at every position.

You're correct in some respect. "Texas needs a little smoke and mirrors in their offense." Not a lot. Today was way too much 'smoke and mirrors'. Texas would have been in the game by playing smash mouth football. Texas should never play like Boise State.
... and Colt floated sideline passes into the wind. Not his fault, it was whoever called the plays. Just dumb.

Texas should have called more slants than sideline passes when the game was in doubt. Especially, since OSU was jumping the sideline passes.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CBesss sight has 3 of the 6 "experts" picking TT.

I know UT, OSU and OU fans are all pulling for TT for the upset. Will make things much more interesting.

TT at least started the scoring orgy off tonight. See if BU can answer.

No UT fans are pulling for Tech. If Baylor wins, and somehow Texas could beat Tech(less than likely after today's game). The Texas@Baylor game would be for the B12 Title. Texas would win the B12, because of the one-to-one record. It won't happen. Texas loses any 3 or more tiebreaker for the B12 Title.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a name like Baker, how did the Longhorns not get this guy?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No UT fans are pulling for Tech. If Baylor wins, and somehow Texas could beat Tech(less than likely after today's game). The Texas@Baylor game would be for the B12 Title. Texas would win the B12, because of the one-to-one record. It won't happen. Texas loses any 3 or more tiebreaker for the B12 Title.

Well crap. I forgot. Here I am enjoying Tech thumping Baylor early, and we don't need them to win? And now Tech will probably smoke Baylor.

Fuck. Kinda how the day has gone.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Given that Baylor already beat us this year, I'm not pulling for the upset, and neither should you. If Baylor finishes the season undefeated, they'll be in at least the Top 4 at least (or even higher if Bama, FSU, and/or Ohio State lose), which helps the perception of our conference, which will matter in the future, because, like it or not, perception matters because of the way college football is set up with its polls.

The playoff coming next season has only 4 spots, so at least 1 (and maybe more than 1, if 2 of the top 4 teams end up from the same conference) of the 5 major conferences is going to be left out. I don't want that left-out conference or conferences to be us.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not looking that way in the BU/TT game thread. A few UT fans pulling for TT there.

I think you're looking too far down the road, Charlie. UT just needs to win out, and hope BU loses this one and to you. Oh, and pull for OU in Bedlam. :laugh3: