• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #10 Oklahoma State at #23 Texas (FOX)

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack was running the ball.

HE ran the ball like crazy in the first half. It was the perfect game plan.

The problem was that they were starting every drive on their own 5 yard line.

Without Johnathan Gray, it wasn't working with the less explosive Malcolm Brown.

Apparently Gray is the MVP of the season.

Without him, McCoy looks helpless down field.

Bull. They threw at least 3 passes behind the line of scrimmage in the first half, probably more and each got stuffed. In one series they threw 3 passes and went 3 and out. Dumb friggin' game plan. I would have rather seen them run it three times and go out than what they did.
Mack is gone, good. Great recruiter, sucky coach.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sitting here looking at all these posts. It's just sad that this had to happen. Not that I agree with this, but Mack could have walked away 3 years ago, and been a hero in most Longhorns eyes. Now, his legacy will go down as average at best.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sitting here looking at all these posts. It's just sad that this had to happen. Not that I agree with this, but Mack could have walked away 3 years ago, and been a hero in most Longhorns eyes. Now, his legacy will go down as average at best.

Really? He is easily the #2 HC at Texas. You tell me who was better, other than DKR?

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was trying to tell everybody that OSU is not the OSU that lost to WV. OSU has improved tremendously this season. I still think they beat BU since its in Stillwater and take the B12. OSU beating OU is a given this season.

UT just needs to keep their heads up and play through the season and see what happens. Either way, you finish ahead of OU this season, so there's that. :L

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has allowed 78 points since WHALEY went down versus WVU.
I think he is the best defensive player and had those guys believing.

Gray is the best offensive player.
He is the best offensive player and had the offense believing.

Texas is not good enough to take losses like those two players.

I thought the depth at running back would overcome Gray, but it was glaring without him.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was trying to tell everybody that OSU is not the OSU that lost to WV. OSU has improved tremendously this season. I still think they beat BU since its in Stillwater and take the B12. OSU beating OU is a given this season.

UT just needs to keep their heads up and play through the season and see what happens. Either way, you finish ahead of OU this season, so there's that. :L

Mack is gone this season. Now, we get to see if Saban really leaves Bama in January. I doubt it.

Biggest mistake Applewhite did in his career was leaving Alabama for Texas.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas has allowed 78 points since WHALEY went down versus WVU.
I think he is the best defensive player and had those guys believing.

Gray is the best offensive player.
He is the best offensive player and had the offense believing.

Texas is not good enough to take losses like those two players.

I thought the depth at running back would overcome Gray, but it was glaring without him.

believe me, OU fan feels your pain....

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack is gone this season. Now, we get to see if Saban really leaves Bama in January. I doubt it.

I'd have a boner if there was even a rumor of Saban coming to OU. :lol: If he goes to UT, OU may as well find another conference. :gaah:

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strangely this result changed virtually nothing.

The biggest beneficiary might be Oklahoma.

This win actually brings them back into the picture.

Watch the Sooner backdoor into another conference title (08,10,12....)

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
believe me, OU fan feels your pain....

I refuse to believe the injured players are responsible for Texas losing in this manner. Coaching is the reason my team got beat this afternoon.
Horns doesn't know that there is a heavy wind blowing from the south in Austin. Telling Case to throw sideline passes into the wind is just stupid. That's why one got intercepted.
It was a really stupid offensive game plan.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have a boner if there was even a rumor of Saban coming to OU. :lol: If he goes to UT, OU may as well find another conference. :gaah:

There are rumors. It might just be an effort for Saban to get another raise $7 million plus, but one never knows with him.
Think about it, if he could turn Texas around and it wouldn't be that hard, he could win NC's with 3 dif. teams. There would be no disagreement, Greatest College Football Coach of All-Time. Will he do it? Only the Shadow knows.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many ranked teams actually play in Austin?

Oklahoma is a neutral site game.

So, that eliminates a lot of opportunity as they are likely to be ranked more than any other Big 12 opponent. Texas has 3 wins over a ranked OU in that time span.

That is kind of a misleading stat....since the most likely Ranked Win will never be in Austin.

The Eyes Of Texas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Joey sleep with Case's giraffe or what? Defending him every other minute.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strangely this result changed virtually nothing.

The biggest beneficiary might be Oklahoma.

This win actually brings them back into the picture.

Watch the Sooner backdoor into another conference title (08,10,12....)

You can rest easy in regards to OU. We lose to OSU, and maybe the KSU game as well.

I've been saying OSU is the top of the B12 for the past couple weeks. BU is the easy choice for those that don't watch the B12 games, but OSU will beat them in Stillwater. I'm thinking BU and OSU both finish with 1 loss but OSU will get the head2head nod. UT takes TT @DKR, but loses to BU in Waco.

In any case, been a fun season and it only gets better. I'm outside looking in. :pop2:

PistolzFiring

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Should be fun!

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many ranked teams actually play in Austin?

Oklahoma is a neutral site game.

So, that eliminates a lot of opportunity as they are likely to be ranked more than any other Big 12 opponent. Texas has 3 wins over a ranked OU in that time span.

That is kind of a misleading stat....since the most likely Ranked Win will never be in Austin.

It's a trollish statement, since Texas has won against ranked opponents on the road, at neutral sites and in bowl games in the last 2 seasons. Those are a lot harder.
You'll notice he hasn't bragged about his gaggies having a better record against ranked teams at home. Do they have any in the last 2 seasons? I don't even care to look it up.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye bye Mack. Thanks for the memories. You definitely brought our program back from mediocrity, but it's time to go. Patterson was brought in to clean house, so he had better start ASAFP. Start with firing Major Applewhite tomorrow. I lost count on how many plays I called before the snap. Too predictable. Should be fired for not getting one of the most explosive players in the country involved (Daje) in the offense.

To be honest, I was waiting to see how long it would take for an opposing OC to run the QB option. Not sure why nobody else did it after seeing BYU's QB and Ole Miss's QB r*pe the Texas defense with ease running the QB option. What's really embarrassing is Chelf isn't even a running QB, he's OSU's throwing QB. Their running QB is on the bench; imagine what he would have done.

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have great news for you Stampede

Total Yards
OSU - 380
t.u. - 396

T.O.P.
OSU - 28:03