• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10/6 GDT Gnats @ Bum

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously we're all hoping for a no drama 6-1 win but this is the series we should have expected...low scoring, torturous....Nats are the best team we agreed going in, we're the underdogs. So a sweep wasn't likely. Winning 2 in DC wasn't either but now it's like we won 1 there and then won yesterday. Point being, we can only bite our nails and root each day.

Also, Vogey really only has to go 5 innings, kitchen sink game for sure, the whole pen is there.

:nod::agree::nod:

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our top 2 guys combine for 5 hits, I think there is little chance we lose. This is a team that thrives when the top produces and withers when it doesn't.

We all agree that this is what we (most of us) think .... If I could I would change Blanco's name to Pence and move Blanco down to the 8th spot. For whatever the reason is .... Blanco really struggles out of the lead-off position. Panic also seems to hit better with runners on the bases .... as you stated .... our 1-2 positions seem to drive our offense ...

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all agree that this is what we (most of us) think .... If I could I would change Blanco's name to Pence and move Blanco down to the 8th spot. For whatever the reason is .... Blanco really struggles out of the lead-off position. Panic also seems to hit better with runners on the bases .... as you stated .... our 1-2 positions seem to drive our offense ...

Which is why losing Pagan hurt so much and why I didn't have much hope for us in these playoffs. But the crazy train is on the track and we are riding it...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why losing Pagan hurt so much and why I didn't have much hope for us in these playoffs. But the crazy train is on the track and we are riding it...

Pagan is a huge loss, no doubt.

But we are in the tourney. And baseball, more than any other sport, is a game where anyone can win on any given day.

All we need to do is win one of the next two games, and everything gets reset again.

jeep99tj

If you don’t agree with me, don’t talk to me.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 224.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perez in LF tonite.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perez in LF tonite.

Why have Brown on the roster if you aren't going to use him?

his D is allegedly AT LEAST as good as both Blanco and Perez, and we already know that Blanco and Perez are near-automatic outs. What can it hurt to throw him out there instead of Perez and bat him 8th?

On an unrelated note, why not start Solomon Torres in game 162? He cant do any worse than the other options we have. Right?

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is where not having Pagan shows up most clearly. :tsk:

Yeah, it's hard to decide if our offense is hurt more by the absence of Pagan or by the presence of anyone else.

Prove me wrong JCP.

On a side note, if we are fortunate enough to win, is Morse ready to be back? I'm actually more concerned about being able to use him as the DH in that other series.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand why Bochy didn't go out immediately talk to the umps, and claim that Ian Desmond interfered with Pablo catching the ball. Pablo wasn't blocking the bag, he had his foot on the corner of the bag. Desmond slid his foot into Pablo's leg, pushing him back and making it impossible to lunge for the ball, and thus he missed it. Interference should have been called, Desmond should have been out, and Harper should have been sent back to 2nd base.

Offensive interference is an act by the team at bat which interferes with, obstructs, impedes, hinders or confuses any fielder attempting to make a play. If the umpire declares the batter, batter-runner, or a runner out for interference, all other runners shall return to the last base that was in the judgment of the umpire, legally touched at the time of the interference, unless otherwise provided by these rules.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why have Brown on the roster if you aren't going to use him?

his D is allegedly AT LEAST as good as both Blanco and Perez, and we already know that Blanco and Perez are near-automatic outs. What can it hurt to throw him out there instead of Perez and bat him 8th?

On an unrelated note, why not start Solomon Torres in game 162? He cant do any worse than the other options we have. Right?

Ugh!!! Nice one.

I guess Brown is a late game pinch runner and nothing else...