• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10/6 GDT Gnats @ Bum

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get it back tomorrow. Vogelsong can show he has the playoff magic. One less day of "rest" which could get us out of sync

As much as I would prefer the sweep, I really believe this is a real thing and if we can get out of the NLDS, the longer series helps us. Especially if the other series is going long as well.

Hate that we have to hang our hat on Vogey, but he has done us good in the post-season in the past, so I need to hold onto that...

Of course, Peavy in game 5 is OK, except that that burns him for the NLCS. Would rather have him available for game 2.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, let's hope Vogey has the magic tomorrow. Better yet, let's hope the offense can find some runs.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2152229309_no_a_la_leche_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A forgettable NLDS for Posey

Yeah, that's two he owes us now. Let's hope this motivates him.

Somebody fire up the bats tomorrow. It's looking like we're having a letdown at the plate after the Pirates game. Maybe Belt or Crawford needs to sound off and show some leadership, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I would prefer the sweep, I really believe this is a real thing and if we can get out of the NLDS, the longer series helps us. Especially if the other series is going long as well.

Hate that we have to hang our hat on Vogey, but he has done us good in the post-season in the past, so I need to hold onto that...

Of course, Peavy in game 5 is OK, except that that burns him for the NLCS. Would rather have him available for game 2.

Sorry, cal, but a loss is never a good thing and never helps us. Never.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry, cal, but a loss is never a good thing and never helps us. Never.

Really, Mays? Really?

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Perhaps I was wrong to assume you meant "real good thing" instead of the rather puzzling "real thing".

Yeah, really.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants lose Game 3 in S.F. 4-1 ...Turn that frown upside down

The great thing about sports is you never know what's going to happen. Anything can happen and today the whole Bay Area woke up and wanted to party after a sweep of the Nationals in the NL Division Series. The bunting was out and it looked fresh , the beer flowed , and everyone had smiles on their faces. Sports are a open book to be written each day and today it went the way of the Nats and their fans as the Nats won 4-1.

Both pitchers came out throwing hay makers and there was no score heading into to 7th inning when the Nats broke through with 3 runs. Bum threw a bunt sac away at third as Panda did his best to snag it but two runs scored and that 3 runs would be enough. Harper added a impressive shot to deep right center into the Arcade area that went 421 feet.

The Giants had a few chances to score some runs but never got the clutch hit. Bum had a chance with the sacks loaded but struck out with two outs to end a inning. The Giants left 7 on base today. I sat in the upper deck between home and third today and the fans were all set to erupt but a 9th inning rally fell short. I commend the Nats for the fight they showed today as they played a crisp all around game and deserved to win.

Tomorrow is a new day and with a new day comes hope for that party that did not materialize but hey it was beautiful out there and people did have fun so turn that frown upside down and keep it positive for Tuesday. Vogelsong gets the call and the fans can do their part by being in the game from the beginning to end. A new story to be written and more beers to be drunk. Hopefully a little Champagne shower after the game. Giants now lead series 2-1 and how many Giants fans would of taken that before the start of the series. No need to panic so keep it loose.

Go Giants !!

:suds::clap::thrasher:

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's two he owes us now. Let's hope this motivates him.

Somebody fire up the bats tomorrow. It's looking like we're having a letdown at the plate after the Pirates game. Maybe Belt or Crawford needs to sound off and show some leadership, too.

Perhaps we need to move Guppy out of leadoff.

For some reason, the leadoff hitter makes this team go. When the leadoff hitter does nothing, neither do the Giants. Panik hits much better with a man on than with no one on. We're facing Gio tomorrow, so why not hit Pence leadoff and have JP or Brown play instead of Blanco? Or just move Blanco to 8th.

Would we dare catch Susser tomorrow and have Posey at 1st? Or are we OK with Belt against the lefty?

Of course, Posey, Panda and Pence need to get their bats going.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps I was wrong to assume you meant "real good thing" instead of the rather puzzling "real thing".

Yeah, really.

No, I meant "real thing" as in the down time between series'.

I started the post with "As much as I would prefer the sweep", I figured it was rather obvious that whatever came next was a silver lining coment...

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I meant "real thing" as in the down time between series'.

I started the post with "As much as I would prefer the sweep", I figured it was rather obvious that whatever came next was a silver lining coment...

I'm sorry - I'm probably a little chippy after such a frustrating loss. I shoulda just let it all go. My bad, really.

:suds:

We need some runs. Sure, 0-0 games are very exciting for us if we eventually win. Give credit to the Nats for not giving in. But we need some runs. If Craw's blast carries 5 feet farther we wouldn't be having this discussion. The P boys need to step up, too.

Did I mention that we need some runs?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the most Jeykle and Hyde offenses I have ever seen. It is weird that the either score 9 or 1, and seldome anything in between (you know what I mean).

That said, the Nats are a tough team, and as we always say here, sweeping ANYONE is hard to do. Now let's look at that comment in the converse...

Getting swept is hard to do, and the Nats need to sweep us to win the series.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the most Jeykle and Hyde offenses I have ever seen. It is weird that the either score 9 or 1, and seldome anything in between (you know what I mean).

That said, the Nats are a tough team, and as we always say here, sweeping ANYONE is hard to do. Now let's look at that comment in the converse...

Getting swept is hard to do, and the Nats need to sweep us to win the series.

This is all true, and we probably have a 75% chance or so to advance now...but it was 90%+. Each loss puts us 1 step closer to being Cincinatti in 2012.

Just feeling the usual fan anxiety...which is what makes winning playoff series' so fun when it happens!

And the offense in the playoffs so far has been pretty predictable, we can score no problem on Volquez (Pitt's 3rd best starter) but can't score on the superior Nats pitching. But we knew that going in.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all true, and we probably have a 75% chance or so to advance now...but it was 90%+. Each loss puts us 1 step closer to being Cincinatti in 2012.

Just feeling the usual fan anxiety...which is what makes winning playoff series' so fun when it happens!

And the offense in the playoffs so far has been pretty predictable, we can score no problem on Volquez (Pitt's 3rd best starter) but can't score on the superior Nats pitching. But we knew that going in.

Perhaps this team plays better when their backs are against the wall.

We went to Pittsburgh and they were favored. We won.

Few gave us any chance against the Nats in DC. We won both (or all three! :D)

We come home, and are slightly favored to win, throwing our ace against the Nats. We lose.

Today? The wall is within arm's length, not there yet. Hoping for a no drama win.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just feeling the usual fan anxiety...

This!!!! A 1,000,000 times this! I wanted the sweep just to avoid the anxiety. Really hope that Vogs throws the game of his lfe tonight. I just don't want to go back to DC. I also have to admit that as soon as we lost that game the first thought through my mind was ..... please no CINN disaster ....

Our pitching has been great. Can't really ask for anything more. Need the damn offense to wake up. Pence and Posey in particular. Like to see Panic with a 3 hit night and Blanco with a 2 hit night!

My current rationale is ...... we are still up 2-1 in games and we pulled off a miracle in game two to get to a 2-1 position. Still playing with house money. At least for tonight.

I'm hoping we pull away quickly .... and continue to leave them far behind as the innings roll on by ... I want to get to the point where the tieing run is a player that would have to bat at least twice in that inning ....

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This!!!! A 1,000,000 times this! I wanted the sweep just to avoid the anxiety. Really hope that Vogs throws the game of his lfe tonight. I just don't want to go back to DC. I also have to admit that as soon as we lost that game the first thought through my mind was ..... please no CINN disaster ....

Our pitching has been great. Can't really ask for anything more. Need the damn offense to wake up. Pence and Posey in particular. Like to see Panic with a 3 hit night and Blanco with a 2 hit night!
My current rationale is ...... we are still up 2-1 in games and we pulled off a miracle in game two to get to a 2-1 position. Still playing with house money. At least for tonight.

I'm hoping we pull away quickly .... and continue to leave them far behind as the innings roll on by ... I want to get to the point where the tieing run is a player that would have to bat at least twice in that inning ....

If our top 2 guys combine for 5 hits, I think there is little chance we lose. This is a team that thrives when the top produces and withers when it doesn't.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously we're all hoping for a no drama 6-1 win but this is the series we should have expected...low scoring, torturous....Nats are the best team we agreed going in, we're the underdogs. So a sweep wasn't likely. Winning 2 in DC wasn't either but now it's like we won 1 there and then won yesterday. Point being, we can only bite our nails and root each day.

Also, Vogey really only has to go 5 innings, kitchen sink game for sure, the whole pen is there.