• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 10/6/2017: Astros and Indians win, full day of games today

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for the group... I kind of overheard that tonight's game was on the MLB Network? I don't have that with my cable package. Will be it pirated by another network? I know in the past when Cleveland teams have been in the playoffs (obviously not the Browns) a local station will play the feed of the cable network handling the broadcast
Won't be anywhere else but MLB Network

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is what it is. We have been bitching about the strike zone since Doubleday stole someone's idea for baseball. As for Ramirez? That is one mean messican....he stares down his own mother that way
If it is possible to stuff more Copenhagen between one's lip and gum, I have yet to see it. Very impressive. There is like an entire half can up in there. I bet the chicks dig it.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be trolling now. It clearly shows it crossing the plate.

At best, you are bitching about a ridiculously close call on a nasty pitch.

Okay, I must be trolling, that yellow line definitely crosses the plate, and that ball definitely lands on the plate

Either Im trolling or you guys are drunk

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, I must be trolling, that yellow line definitely crosses the plate, and that ball definitely lands on the plate

Well I'm not drunk

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is possible to stuff more Copenhagen between one's lip and gum, I have yet to see it. Very impressive. There is like an entire half can up in there. I bet the chicks dig it.
He can definitely pack a gamer in there...Santana does pretty good work too

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By my calculations he is probably getting about half a tin in there. He probably goes through 3-4 per game

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not critiquing the umps performance as a whole, but I'm looking at a frozen frame of the pitch and it looks like it crosses the plate knee high. I do think it looks lower than what soxfan's box shows, but it looks in.

It was definitely close, Im not disputing that......I dont think its crazy to assume that 50/50 umps call that a ball or strike

My only point was it made Judge conscience of that called strike and expanded the zone in his next AB's, something he hasnt really done since August

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Does the rule say that the entire ball has to be in the zone or only a piece of it? A veteran pitcher, at home, is going to get that call most of the time. A rookie may not, and a veteran on the road may not, but Bauer at home should get that call at least 90% of the time.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the rule say that the entire ball has to be in the zone or only a piece of it? A veteran pitcher, at home, is going to get that call most of the time. A rookie may not, and a veteran on the road may not, but Bauer at home should get that call at least 90% of the time.

No problem with that........Just seems I was crazy to suggest that was a somewhat generous call.....And considering the rest of the night that ump had...ya know

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem with that........Just seems I was crazy to suggest that was a somewhat generous call.....And considering the rest of the night that ump had...ya know
Yeah, the home plat ump was bad. But, you gotta give Bauer that pitch. Five years from now, when Judge has 300 homeruns in his pocket, the call might go his way. But not yet.