• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 10/3/2017: Playoff Baseball is here.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in 2 leagues, combined 6-2. Lost last night thanks to Kareem Hunt.

I had picked up Will Fuller (it's a 14-team league) but I just thought it would take a bit for him to get adjusted to Watson throwing it to him.

Nice Pickup

I lost Chris Carson and Dalvin Cooke on one team in my doubleheader league.....To make matters worse, I played them both this week and had Bilal Powell and James White on my bench

Uggh, lost those guys, and both my games in that league

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice Pickup

I lost Chris Carson and Dalvin Cooke on one team in my doubleheader league.....To make matters worse, I played them both this week and had Bilal Powell and James White on my bench

Uggh, lost those guys, and both my games in that league
Ouch.

I'm pretty much just living off my RBs right now in that big league. I have Gurley and Howard. If Fuller continues to play well, my receivers won't be bad for a 14-team league (Watkins, Sanders, Fuller). I put in a waiver claim for Latavius Murray since Cook went out. I doubt I get him though.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go Yankees, here we go!!!

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ouch.

I'm pretty much just living off my RBs right now in that big league. I have Gurley and Howard. If Fuller continues to play well, my receivers won't be bad for a 14-team league (Watkins, Sanders, Fuller). I put in a waiver claim for Latavius Murray since Cook went out. I doubt I get him though.

Gurley is great, I was hesitant with him only b/c his play is so predicated on how Goff plays...With Goff playing well, he may very well be the best RB in the league

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Now, now...you know my wagers are usually the kiss of death

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gurley is great, I was hesitant with him only b/c his play is so predicated on how Goff plays...With Goff playing well, he may very well be the best RB in the league
Its weird to see how bad Jeff Fisher was as a coach. I'm watching Rams highlights and seeing Goff and he looks like that slightly above average franchise QB prospect that he looked like in college again. That said, someone needs to tell Gurley to stop hurdling grown men. Someone like Hunt can run through people while Gurley is trying to get himself killed. That said, I think the Chiefs picked some random guys off the street to play both Guard positions so I'd take Gurley #1 at this point.

More on topic, while it upsets me how terribly mismanaged the Cardinals non-tank season went it does bring up watching playoff baseball without all of the stress. I'm really hoping for an Indians/Yankees series.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its weird to see how bad Jeff Fisher was as a coach. I'm watching Rams highlights and seeing Goff and he looks like that slightly above average franchise QB prospect that he looked like in college again. That said, someone needs to tell Gurley to stop hurdling grown men. Someone like Hunt can run through people while Gurley is trying to get himself killed. That said, I think the Chiefs picked some random guys off the street to play both Guard positions so I'd take Gurley #1 at this point.

More on topic, while it upsets me how terribly mismanaged the Cardinals non-tank season went it does bring up watching playoff baseball without all of the stress. I'm really hoping for an Indians/Yankees series.

Amazing how the Rams org were the last to realize how bad Jeff Fisher was.....Ill be the first to admit I am shocked by Goff, I had him pinned as a colossal bust, and he has been very solid at the least this season, night and day from last year....Hunt and Gurley may be the elites in this league for a long time....Nothing flukey about hunt, you watch enough football, you know the real deal when you see it....That dude is a bad ass

As far as the Cardinals, I think Tommy Pham may become the face of that org, they could have a star on their hands their, but they need some help if Piscotty and Grickuck arent gonna pan out as they thought, or maybe they will

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit. I just want Thursday night to get here.

RIP, Mr. Petty.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it was, but in honor of UCF being ranked after being 0-12 2 years ago, I needed to celebrate somehow.

Well, I'm the LAST person in here to give somebody a hard time for changing their favorite team logos...but I coulda swore you weren't a yankee fan until just now

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm the LAST person in here to give somebody a hard time for changing their favorite team logos...but I coulda swore you weren't a yankee fan until just now

Oh that Yankee logo has been there since day one. Don't get that twisted lol

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how the Rams org were the last to realize how bad Jeff Fisher was.....Ill be the first to admit I am shocked by Goff, I had him pinned as a colossal bust, and he has been very solid at the least this season, night and day from last year....Hunt and Gurley may be the elites in this league for a long time....Nothing flukey about hunt, you watch enough football, you know the real deal when you see it....That dude is a bad ass

As far as the Cardinals, I think Tommy Pham may become the face of that org, they could have a star on their hands their, but they need some help if Piscotty and Grickuck arent gonna pan out as they thought, or maybe they will
Goff has this weird thing where he throws it to covered players but instead of back shoulder its back and low. Terrible for YAC but great for moving chains. Thats the one thing Ive seen that showed up in college and seems to be happening again this year. He seems pretty average across the board outside of that but coming from Cal to be coached by Jeff Fisher will make anyone look awful.

I think the Cardinals overachieved in 2016 with their power numbers and 2017 was a rude awakening and some bad luck. I think if one or two things happened differently they couldve made the playoffs but they arent built to win in the playoffs so Im not sure that would've mattered. I like Pham but Im not sure what the long term look on him will be. I think they are going to do some things in Free Agency this year.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yearly League Leaders &amp Records for Innings Pitched | Baseball-Reference.com

This year's IP leaders are the lowest of all-time (not including the strike-shortened seasons).

Doesn't help that several top pitchers missed chunks of the season to injury (Bumgarner, Kershaw, Kluber (who still pitched 203)). Last year there was 31 pitchers with 190+ innings. This year there was only 19.

Somewhat related: During Sunday's Mets-Phillies game, the radio broadcasters mentioned that if the Mets could close out the eight inning with no more runs allowed (they were already trailing 7-0), they would finish the season with a team ERA just a shade under 5.00.

Only one other season in their history has the team ERA been over 5 at the end of a year: 1962.

Needless to say, they let in 4 more runs and blew it. So this year is the Second-Worst season EVER in team history in terms of final team ERA, after their inaugural, 120-loss season.

That's how bad it was. Spare me any non-existent pity.