• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 1) Golden State Warriors vs. 8) Los Angeles Clippers

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a solid role player. Not a guy who's gonna win you a title, but one of those guys you need if you're going to win one.

Knows his role, stays in his lane.

This, by the last year of his contract.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
naw, not in my view. but then, I might be just a little biased...

You biased about a certain player that currently pimps the Purple 'n Gold? Get the hell outta here.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they do it 10x more than anyone else. It gets old because they keep winning, so we keep seeing them celebrate.

The same thing happens with other teams that go on long runs. Everyone likes them for the first couple of seasons. Then it turns because folks get sick of seeing the same team over and over.

It seems less with Spurs for a couple of reasons:

1.) The Spurs, even when winning, don't celebrate quite as much as other teams. They still celebrate, it's just a little more muted because of Pop.

2.) While they have made the playoffs for 22 straight years and have won 5 titles, they have never had a repeat and only went to back to back finals once in that span. So there hasn't been enough for folks to get tired of them.
It definitely gets old, glad we agree. Maybe you're right and it just seems like i see it more because they win so much. Either way, I'm not a fan.

People are tired of the Spurs but for a different reason. It's because they've been in the mix for so long. Obviously not nearly as many people that are sick of the Warriors, but I know of tons of people who don't like San Antonio just because they won't go away.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your thing though, ascribing much greater anger and passion where it doesn't apply. Like when you call most of us Yosemite Sam. Klay doesn't get pissed off, but he does say what is on his mind. It's refreshing
He's definitely a child when things don't go his way....lucky for him he has teammates who make sure that doesn't happen too often.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your thing though, ascribing much greater anger and passion where it doesn't apply. Like when you call most of us Yosemite Sam. Klay doesn't get pissed off, but he does say what is on his mind. It's refreshing
Yosemite Sam also said what was on his mind.....too bad they couldn't have made it R rated when we were kids.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who doesn't get pissed off? It's how a person handles/channels that anger is what makes us different. Klay is very chill in how he manages his anger & has figured out how to channel it in such a way that it never jeopardizes him or his team mates - unlike Draymond and/or KD.
agree from what I can tell he does seem more "chill" than those guys on the court.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can guarantee you that a lot of women think he's handsome.
and my bet is if he was not a well known, rich, NBA player most of those women would not give him a second look if they saw him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elaine Benes: "Hey George, you saw the guy, was he good looking?"
George Costanza (looking uncomfortable): "Um, well, I don't really know..."
Elaine: "You know, noticing if a guy is attractive doesn't make you gay"
George: "It doesn't help!"
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep that's the claim. They are confusing directness and occasional non-cliche comments with anger for some reason.
In fairness I do think he seems calm on the court. If it's off court demeanor I wouldn't call "chill". and that is only when things don't go his way, which is not all that much.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a goalpost move there.

Unless I missed something, we weren't talking about celebrating on the court. We were talking about what was said in an interview.
For me, that's where I would not call him"chill" but on the court he is IMO.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah dude. You are blinded by your Spurs fandom. All the teams do it, except yours. Watch the other playoff teams and see.

So sure, don't run down the court to laugh at a ref. But shimmy, flex, and dance all you want. It's a game, and that's fun to watch.
Not a fan of some of it but agree most teams have players who do it. Does GS do it more? Probably, but guessing because they have reason to more often.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team does do it. The Spurs do it too. I see it every game. The Warriors do it a lot more, and I mean a LOT. I don't see why you seem scared to admit it. They celebrate a lot more than other teams, I find it annoying personally. You're a fan so you don't. Cool.
Like you, I'm not a big fan of it, but I think GS does it more because they have reason to.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fairness I do think he seems calm on the court. If it's off court demeanor I wouldn't call "chill". and that is only when things don't go his way, which is not all that much.
He is always chill even off the court. It's not the demeanor, it's that he isn't a cliche guy. And he's pretty arrogant. But when he says "we beat ourselves" or "we're a better team" he isn't wrong. It's considered gauche to say the truth in those instances, you are supposed to spout cliches

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of some of it but agree most teams have players who do it. Does GS do it more? Probably, but guessing because they have reason to more often.
And they are on TV every week. But they don't do it more than others

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More likely 5. But I will say that a Rockets sweep is much more likely than the Warriors winning the series. The run is over, they have no chance of beating a well-rested, confident Rockets team.
One thing should be interesting though and that is how they defend Hardin. Did you see Rubio playing behind him and leaving him a clear path to the basket? It bamboozled Hardin and took away that step back three that he loves. It looked odd but I was impressed at how well it worked.

17-melhores-ideias-sobre-unicorn-emoji-no-pinterest__bf_83MKVivOJ_60an7tfkQAAAA.jpg

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's his intention to belittle them because that doesn't seem to be the kind of person he is. He doesn't seem like a disrespectful guy. Obviously I'm not around him ever so I could be wrong. I think it's just a case of him not particularly enjoying the process of it. He could handle it differently though, for sure, since it's something that's part of the job.
Kind of a double standard, I think, by you. Pop is an ass in interviews. No better way to say it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they are on TV every week. But they don't do it more than others
well, as I said, I think they do.....but only because they had reason to. There might be other players on teams who would do it as much if they were going for their 4th title in 5 seasons.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is always chill even off the court. It's not the demeanor, it's that he isn't a cliche guy. And he's pretty arrogant. But when he says "we beat ourselves" or "we're a better team" he isn't wrong. It's considered gauche to say the truth in those instances, you are supposed to spout cliches
It's really not always the truth. Even the best of the best miss shots....and how about the other team was able to make theirs, and not just because you didn't D them up.

as I said...a bit of a baby when things don't go his way. Guess that doesn't necessarily make him chill or not chill. Pretty sure the only one who would not congratulate the cavs after their title. Most things go his way, though, with that team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this is intersting. Ranking the 3 pro basketball teams in Los Angeles for this season it would be the Clippers, Sparks then the Lakers. I like the way that looks.:heh:

That's bullshit and you know it.

It's Clippers, Sparks, D-Fenders, Lakers