• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 06-09-17: Yanks beat up price as always to take series

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't mean he can't prove me wrong and I hope he does

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
last few starts yes, yes it does

He will still toss out the occasional gem, but so will most any other starter in the game, thats why he sucks

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest problem with the Price deal from Day one (well, not really a problem for me) was that the Sox are a team that expects to be in the postseason, especially in the Papi days...I couldnt see giving that money to a guy that has a pretty long track record of being atrocious in the postseason........
8 starts isn't really a "long track record" and he had pitched well in 3, decent in 1, pretty bad in another, and like shit in 3.

And don't forget that we signed Price after finishing last 2 years in a row. At that point, I wanted a pitcher that could help us get to the postseason and if the owners were willing to spend the money, get the best available.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or based on 2016 where his ERA was about 4
Having the 18th lowest ERA in the league and 16th highest ERA+ while leading the league in innings does not mean you hurt your team's chances every 5th day. You can say that isn't living up to the hype, and it isn't living up to the contract, but it certainly doesn't mean you are hurting the team.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having the 18th lowest ERA in the league and 16th highest ERA+ while leading the league in innings does not mean you hurt your team's chances every 5th day. You can say that isn't living up to the hype, and it isn't living up to the contract, but it certainly doesn't mean you are hurting the team.

Sure, but performance to some extent has to be stacked beside salary and expectation, David Price was mostly a dime a dozen pitcher last season and gave a performance that you can get from tons of pitchers around the league...Its just not what they paid for........I could say that CC didnt hurt his teams chances every 5th day last season with a 3.66 ERA, but I dont know if year one of Price should stack up to the last days of CC Sabathia

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but performance to some extent has to be stacked beside salary and expectation, David Price was mostly a dime a dozen pitcher last season and gave a performance that you can get from tons of pitchers around the league...Its just not what they paid for........I could say that CC didnt hurt his teams chances every 5th day last season with a 3.66 ERA, but I dont know if year one of Price should stack up to the last days of CC Sabathia
The team can stack it up against salary and expectation from a business standpoint, but why fans care about that, I'll never understand. It's just all about their "feelings" and I'm sorry but it's just irrational. People should have the ability to think "he isn't as good as I thought he would be" without thinking "he's hurting our chances to win when he pitches". Because one can easily be true without the other, and in this case it is. redseat is just spewing Felger and Mazz talking points.

And no, Price should be a hell of a lot better than Sabathia. I'm disappointed in his performance. But my point is that he doesn't hurt the team with his pitching performances.

And you don't have to use hyperbole with everything you write. 200 innings alone was only accomplished by 15 pitchers last season, 2 of which had higher ERAs than Price. So no, he wasn't a dime a dozen pitcher last season.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team can stack it up against salary and expectation from a business standpoint, but why fans care about that, I'll never understand. It's just all about their "feelings" and I'm sorry but it's just irrational. People should have the ability to think "he isn't as good as I thought he would be" without thinking "he's hurting our chances to win when he pitches". Because one can easily be true without the other, and in this case it is. redseat is just spewing Felger and Mazz talking points.

And no, Price should be a hell of a lot better than Sabathia. I'm disappointed in his performance. But my point is that he doesn't hurt the team with his pitching performances.

And you don't have to use hyperbole with everything you write. 200 innings alone was only accomplished by 15 pitchers last season, 2 of which had higher ERAs than Price. So no, he wasn't a dime a dozen pitcher last season.

Yeah, we live in a sports world where "Dissapointed" equates to "Sucks".....I know he doesnt suck for the most part, but expectations and performance will always be considered

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we live in a sports world where "Dissapointed" equates to "Sucks".....I know he doesnt suck for the most part, but expectations and performance will always be considered
And those are feelings words, which is fine. Feel whatever you want. My response was to the "he hurts the team's chances every 5th day"

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And those are feelings words, which is fine. Feel whatever you want. My response was to the "he hurts the team's chances every 5th day"

mlbf_1479146283_th_45.jpg