• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: 06-07-17: Scooter hits 4 HRS & Royals end Stros win streak

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go that far.

Everything he did last season indicated that he was destined for a career in refrigerator repair.

Now some people are handing him the MVP award after 180 at bats.

Yankees gave your Sox a nice window to be successful

Now with money coming off the books in droves and the best farm system in baseball, the window has closed

Dont blame us, blame Dumborowksi

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't go that far.

Everything he did last season indicated that he was destined for a career in refrigerator repair.

Now some people are handing him the MVP award after 180 at bats.
And if the season ended today he probably would win MVP, so not sure why anyone would complain about saying he's the front runner. We're more than 1/3 of the way through the season, it's not like it's the first week.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if the season ended today he probably would win MVP, so not sure why anyone would complain about saying he's the front runner. We're more than 1/3 of the way through the season, it's not like it's the first week.

Thats all thats being said

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coming back from friendlys with the boy...we were behind a pontoon boat on a trailer. "those look inappropriate but i like it. i dont get it"

landon, they look like tits (boobs).

"oh yeah, thats why!"

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now with money coming off the books in droves and the best farm system in baseball, the window has closed

Red Sox won a WS in that window and it's still open. Yankees are definitely in good position, but why don't you win a playoff game before you start talking crap. And who you spending that money on next year?

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox won a WS in that window and it's still open. Yankees are definitely in good position, but why don't you win a playoff game before you start talking crap. And who you spending that money on next year?

If they're smart they'll spend some of it extending what they already have.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watch your Whore Mouth!

Hopefully we dont spend a penny this offseason, other than tinkering with a mid-rotations starter and a decent BP arm

No thank you to Yu Darvish, like some Yankee fans want, but Im smarter than most Yankee fans

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're smart they'll spend some of it extending what they already have.

Cash just has to keep doing what he does

Which is just do the opposite of Dumbrownski

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year was a mere 95 plate appearances. Anyone who wrote him off last year was an idiot. His K% was waaaaaay higher than anything he had done in his professional career. He wasn't going to strikeout 44% of the time. Combine that with his hard hit ball to soft hit ball ratio, and his BABIP was about 70 points lower than expected.

This year, his K% has corrected itself to match the 1500 plate appearances he had in the minors. The difference is this year his BABIP is well over (about 60 points) of what is expected based on his hard hit to soft hit ball ratio. So that will correct itself, but not to the point where he's Mark Teixeira from 2011-retirement.

There is a massive difference between "writing him off" and what I actually said.

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just have to get 3 front line starters and an infield and the Yankees will be dangerous.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just have to get 3 front line starters and an infield and the Yankees will be dangerous.

pretty awesome at SS and 2nd

And Gleyber will be pushing Castro to 3rd

Bird back next week

And Severino is a bad ass

Vwahahahala

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's June 7th. The season isn't ending today.

We're six weeks ahead of the All Star Game.

If we handed out the MVP on June 7th last year, Jackie Bradley Jr. would be your reigning AL MVP.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch your Whore Mouth!

Hopefully we dont spend a penny this offseason, other than tinkering with a mid-rotations starter and a decent BP arm

No thank you to Yu Darvish, like some Yankee fans want, but Im smarter than most Yankee fans
I'm just curious what your rotation is going to look like in the next couple years. There seems to be a draft in this "closed window"

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty awesome at SS and 2nd

And Gleyber will be pushing Castro to 3rd

Bird back next week

And Severino is a bad ass

Vwahahahala

Sorry, I thought it was implied that when I said "an infield" what I meant was "a good infield"

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coming back from friendlys with the boy...we were behind a pontoon boat on a trailer. "those look inappropriate but i like it. i dont get it"

landon, they look like tits (boobs).

"oh yeah, thats why!"

Pontoons are also phallic.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's June 7th. The season isn't ending today.

We're six weeks ahead of the All Star Game.

If we handed out the MVP on June 7th last year, Jackie Bradley Jr. would be your reigning AL MVP.
I'm sorry, did I write that we should hand him the MVP or that he is the front runner?

AlpacaWine

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry, did I write that we should hand him the MVP or that he is the front runner?

No, but that New York fella that I was chatting with earlier did.

I'm learning that he likes to speak in overstatements in everything that we've talked about so far. LeBron James and the Cavs, the NFL or now the baseball, he has a penchant for going overboard, a lot.

I need to work on the grain of salt.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just curious what your rotation is going to look like in the next couple years. There seems to be a draft in this "closed window"

LOL

I honestly believe Severino is the ACE of this staff, he is 22 so the ups and downs are expected this season, but recently much more consistency...But i think his stuff translates into something special

Montgomery will be a mainstay, possibly a Pettitte type, which means a mid 3's, low 4's guy

Chance Adams minor league numbers are just insanely silly right now, so I think he will be here this season, but definitely next season

I could see those 3 being guys they build around, with Tanaka and maybe even CC still hanging around.......And than after 2018, thats when they will probably be looking at Keuchel and guys like that