• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Rangers missed the Royals so they head up I-35: TEX @ KC 4/17-19

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One potential impact callup for each team

Rangers: Evan Carter, OF (No. 1/MLB No. 36)
Carter has gone from a surprise second-round pick as a Tennessee high schooler in 2020 to one of the top prospects in the game. A potential five-tool center fielder with perhaps the best batting eye in the Minors, he's slashing .378/.531/.649 with three homers and 12 walks in 10 games as the second-youngest regular (age 20) in the Double-A Texas League.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One potential impact callup for each team

Rangers: Evan Carter, OF (No. 1/MLB No. 36)
Carter has gone from a surprise second-round pick as a Tennessee high schooler in 2020 to one of the top prospects in the game. A potential five-tool center fielder with perhaps the best batting eye in the Minors, he's slashing .378/.531/.649 with three homers and 12 walks in 10 games as the second-youngest regular (age 20) in the Double-A Texas League.
Ready to see this guy shine in the Rangers OF, hopefully as soon as next year

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Encouraging starts from non-playoff teams

2. Texas Rangers (12-6, 1st in AL West)

What’s different:
The Rangers centered their offseason around upgrading their pitching staff, and that group currently owns a top-10 ERA (3.49) and a 9.6 K/9, which would crush the single-season franchise record (8.6). Although much money was spent on the starting rotation, Texas’ bullpen has been even better. That group is tied for third in ERA (2.71) and second in opponents’ batting average (.190).

Challenge ahead: Jacob deGrom has been outstanding since his rocky Opening Day start. But on Monday, he provided yet another reason why you must hold your breath every time he takes the mound. It’s imperative for the Rangers to keep their high-priced ace healthy, especially if they want to stay competitive in a division that features the reigning World Series champion Astros, a strong Mariners squad and the improved Angels.

Why it can stick: The Rangers complement that mound success with an offense that features some potent veteran bats in Marcus Semien, Nathaniel Lowe and the currently injured Corey Seager. Plus, rookie third baseman Josh Jung is off to a good start. In short, the Rangers haven’t had a team this complete in about a decade.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What’s different:
The Rangers centered their offseason around upgrading their pitching staff, and that group currently owns a top-10 ERA (3.49) and a 9.6 K/9, which would crush the single-season franchise record (8.6). Although much money was spent on the starting rotation, Texas’ bullpen has been even better. That group is tied for third in ERA (2.71) and second in opponents’ batting average (.190).

Challenge ahead: Jacob deGrom has been outstanding since his rocky Opening Day start. But on Monday, he provided yet another reason why you must hold your breath every time he takes the mound. It’s imperative for the Rangers to keep their high-priced ace healthy, especially if they want to stay competitive in a division that features the reigning World Series champion Astros, a strong Mariners squad and the improved Angels.

Why it can stick: The Rangers complement that mound success with an offense that features some potent veteran bats in Marcus Semien, Nathaniel Lowe and the currently injured Corey Seager. Plus, rookie third baseman Josh Jung is off to a good start. In short, the Rangers haven’t had a team this complete in about a decade.
Funnest ranger team to watch since 2011 probably

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On the market and rumors flying. I have not watched him pitch but surely not here as
A Starter

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Power Rankings: Who won the battle between this AL and NL power?

11. Texas Rangers

Record: 12-6

Previous ranking: 12

How long before we declare Texas for real? Its run differential is second only to the Rays in the AL -- and the team hasn't felt the impact of the loss of Corey Seager just yet. The Rangers won two of three in Houston over the weekend -- a place they traditionally struggle -- and then proceeded to pitch and hit their way to another series win in Kansas City. Marcus Semien is on fire, hitting three home runs and compiling a 1.278 OPS over the past seven days. His grand slam against the Astros put an exclamation mark on that series. Manager Bruce Bochy has his team rolling. -- Rogers

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What’s different:

I think another reason it can stick is having Bochy as our manager. He's a proven commodity.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUGE PASS. Zero need for that talentless asshole.
He is lacking in communication skills
Looks like they are going to eat 35 million

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Am I reading this correctly?

Reactions: DTC

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUGE PASS. Zero need for that talentless asshole.
I agree. He is really a terrible pitcher right now and this would be like some of our washed up pitcher signings from the past.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A small Off day question. I acknowledge it’s probably too early, but I was thinking about it earlier today.

has anyone thought about what the trade market will be like this year? A good rule of thumb is when the rangers are buying prices are high and when the rangers are sellers prices are low.

we just seem to have the worst luck in regard to the trade market especially in the last 10 years or so. Will Chris young and Bochy be able to fix that problem as well?

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's quite a ways away, but what role do you guys believe Otto will have once he's healthy? Think he'll serve as another do-it-all reliever, or get sent to AAA to serve as SP depth? Have to admit, the latter seems to make more sense, but with the way Bochy and Co. have embraced having Dunning and Ragans out of the pen, it makes me wonder if they'll again go against conventional wisdom and just put Otto in the pen.
As with the other two, I think Otto could be a pretty nasty reliever.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A small Off day question. I acknowledge it’s probably too early, but I was thinking about it earlier today.

has anyone thought about what the trade market will be like this year? A good rule of thumb is when the rangers are buying prices are high and when the rangers are sellers prices are low.

we just seem to have the worst luck in regard to the trade market especially in the last 10 years or so. Will Chris young and Bochy be able to fix that problem as well?

It's April 21st. There is no trade market on April 21st.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think we will acquire a closer and maybe another reliever. I would imagine a need for a hitter will present itself by then as well.

I don't see Bochy as having much to do with what kind of a trade we can make. CY is still so inexperienced that there will be owners who think they can take advantage of him. That could make it a little difficult to pull off a fair trade. That is one more reason we should have acquired the relievers in free agency.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's quite a ways away, but what role do you guys believe Otto will have once he's healthy? Think he'll serve as another do-it-all reliever, or get sent to AAA to serve as SP depth? Have to admit, the latter seems to make more sense, but with the way Bochy and Co. have embraced having Dunning and Ragans out of the pen, it makes me wonder if they'll again go against conventional wisdom and just put Otto in the pen.
As with the other two, I think Otto could be a pretty nasty reliever.
I think they have shown that they would rather have guys in the bullpen than staying stretched out at AAA. I don't see them handling Otto any differently.

Uncle Siggy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On the market and rumors flying. I have not watched him pitch but surely not here as
A Starter

Where have I heard the term "arm fatigue" before :think:

At least kick the tires on the guy and see if they can figure out what is wrong and maybe take the chance that they can fix him, would only cost a couple hundred grand. If he is just burned out give him until August before starting to ramp him up or try to find and fix a mechanical issue. He could end up being a valuable piece going down the stretch when other players are getting tired and worn down... :noidea: