• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ZeKe

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great....Bryant making headlines.

Could be a lot worse. This isn't too bad. Let's face it, Zeke has A LOT of people excited. With the extreme heavy usage that Elliott is receiving, if it keeps up, you never know...

I, for one, would like to see Elliott's usage decreased, no need to run him into the ground year 1 - especially with such a quality backup. Dallas absolutely did not need Elliott receiving those last 5 carries in mop up time yesterday, Morris could have handled those duties just fine. I'm hoping the coaching staff decides to be a little more judicious with Elliott's carries going forward and get Morris a little more involved.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryant remains a side show with NFL talent...but sure, OBJ is worse
I'm just glad we're winning and Dez not picking fights with the guys actually playing

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be a lot worse. This isn't too bad. Let's face it, Zeke has A LOT of people excited. With the extreme heavy usage that Elliott is receiving, if it keeps up, you never know...

I, for one, would like to see Elliott's usage decreased, no need to run him into the ground year 1 - especially with such a quality backup. Dallas absolutely did not need Elliott receiving those last 5 carries in mop up time yesterday, Morris could have handled those duties just fine. I'm hoping the coaching staff decides to be a little more judicious with Elliott's carries going forward and get Morris a little more involved.

I thought the same thing at the end of the game. He just had 15 the week before vs Cincy. His receiving skills were impressive yesterday. On one of the he looked like a slot WR with a ton of speed. Special looking player

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every Cowboys game this season has been on tv here so far. Not a Cowboys fan (have nothing against them) & wouldn't jump on the bandwagon but I've enjoyed watching Zeke. Hope he can keep it going all season long. Good luck Dallas fans the rest of the year.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every Cowboys game this season has been on tv here so far. Not a Cowboys fan (have nothing against them) & wouldn't jump on the bandwagon but I've enjoyed watching Zeke. Hope he can keep it going all season long. Good luck Dallas fans the rest of the year.

That's how I became a fan of the Cowboys as a kid growing up in Baltimore metro area in the early 90's. Every Sunday, just about, I could watch the Triplets go wreck another opposing defense. Sundays were a lot of fun growing up.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great....Bryant making headlines.
Why are you making a big deal about this?. Is Dez in the headlines for trouble??? I don't see a problem with this. Dez was rooting on teammates. I like it. Zeke is a beast.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you making a big deal about this?. Is Dez in the headlines for trouble??? I don't see a problem with this. Dez was rooting on teammates. I like it. Zeke is a beast.
making a big deal?
here we go again....NO, Dez is a peach, never did drugs, never in trouble with the law. Great teammate, wonderful human being. Wonderful!

and to the other point you made awhile back.
No statue for Wilcox required but he is serving a good role thus far.
Why did you make such a big deal outta that post?

must have much to do with who is doing the observing....NO?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ezekiel Elliott says yet to dominate, will be 'kind of scary'

Dallas Newsletter

The NFL is trying to figure out what's more terrifying, Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott already amassing 703 rushing yards (117.2 yards per game) or the fact he thinks he's still rusty.

This week the rookie star revealed there should be no worry when it comes to his workload in 2016, mostly thanks to the Cowboys offensive line keeping would-be tacklers at bay and opening up lanes an Emirates jumbo jet could fly through.

The Cowboys are 5-1 after taking care of business against the Packers! Don’t miss any breaking news, take a second to sign up for our FREE Cowboys newsletter!

"Honestly, I'm not really taking too many big hits. I got that great O-line, so that helps," Elliott told Jon Machota of SportsDay.

Elliott is not exaggerating as he routinely appears beyond the line of scrimmage effortlessly, before exploding through linebackers and defensive backs for more yardage. He currently leads the NFL in yards after contact, racking up 98 of them against what was the No. 1 rushing defense in Green Bay.

That was, of course, prior to Elliott and the Cowboys coming to town.

And the rookie says he's not yet reached his zenith, citing more work to do before he's pleased with his results.

"I have yet to show the dominance at the second level," said Elliott. "Once that starts happening, it's going to be kind of scary."

Id love to see that too

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Interviewed Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott Regarding Domestic Violence Allegations
Nate Bouda 21 hours ago Cowboys 0 Comments

Tom Pelissero of USA Today reports that NFL investigators recently interviewed Cowboys rookie RB Ezekiel Elliott regarding the domestic violence allegations made against him by his ex-girlfriend.

Columbus (Ohio) City Attorney’s Office announced a month ago that they were not going to pursue charges against Elliott “primarily due to conflicting and inconsistent information across all incidents resulting in concern regarding the sufficiency of the evidence to support the filing of criminal charges.

Although, Pelissero mentions that NFL continues to pursue the matter.

It’s worth mentioning that the NFL still suspended Giants K Josh Brown one game even though, like Elliott, he was not criminally charged.

In case you haven’t seen it, here is the official release from Columbus (Ohio) City Attorney’s Office regarding the matter.

View image on Twitter

Elliott, 20, was taken with the No. 4 overall pick by the Cowboys during this year’s draft. He signed four-year contract worth $24,956,342, which includes a signing bonus of $16,350,068. The contract also includes a fifth-year option for the team to consider in 2019.

This season, Elliott has appeared in six games for the Cowboys and rushed for 703 yards on 137 carries (5.1 YPC) to go along with 11 receptions for 98 yards receiving and five total touchdowns.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at this stupid SOB!

NFL Network analyst: Eagles should put a bounty on Ezekiel Elliott, 'gotta hurt' him
Brian Baldinger played for both the Cowboys and Eagles during his NFL career

Cowboys rookie Ezekiel Elliott has been one of the NFL's best running backs through the first two months of the season. He's currently second in the league in rushing and is averaging 5.1 yards per carry. And for all the success Dak Prescott has enjoyed, the rookie quarterback's life has been made immeasurably easier by sharing the backfield with Elliott.

On Sunday, the 4-2 Eagles face the 5-1 Cowboys. This is relevant because on Friday, NFL Network personality and Eagles preseason analyst Brian Baldinger suggested on Philly radio show that the Eagles need to put a bounty on Elliott, apparently because Elliott is, you know, good, but also because he showed up to the 2016 NFL Draft wearing this:

"They've got this running back Ezekiel Elliott, the fourth pick in the draft. He shows up at the draft in New York with a belly shirt on, a tuxedo collar, just arrogance," Baldinger said during an appearance on 97.5 The Fanatic. "Just screams arrogance. The powder blue shirt. He's got 703 yards. He leads the league in rushing. Everybody talks about how good the offensive line is. He's the difference maker.

"Well he hasn't been hit by an Eagle yet. He hasn't been tattooed into that pretty little turf that Jerry built down there. This is the guy that we gotta hurt. This is the guy that we gotta take out of the game," Baldinger continued. "There's gotta be 10 guys that want to hurt him every single play. In fact, we may even put a little bounty on Ezekiel Elliott. Let's get to Alfred Morris.

"THEY'VE GOT THIS RUNNING BACK EZEKIEL ELLIOTT, THE FOURTH PICK IN THE DRAFT. HE SHOWS UP AT THE DRAFT IN NEW YORK WITH A BELLY SHIRT ON, A TUXEDO COLLAR, JUST ARROGANCE ... I'M SICK OF HEARING EVERYBODY TALK ABOUT HOW GOOD THE OFFENSIVE LINE IS, AND HOW GOOD THIS GUY IS. THIS IS THE GUY THAT MAKES THEM GO. THIS IS THE GUY WE'VE GOTTA TAKE OUT."NFL Network analyst Brian Baldinger
"I'm sick of hearing everybody talk about how good the offensive line is, and how good this guy is. This is the guy that makes them go. This is the guy we've gotta take out."

Was Baldinger serious? Was it just radio-talk-show gum-flapping?

Who knows but he was signing a different tune back in March, before Elliott accidentally tapped into Baldinger's hatred for half-shirts.

"I think he might be the best overall player in the whole draft. I don't think I'm overstating that. I think his tape shows that," Baldinger announced on NFL Network at the time. "(I thought) when (Dallas) could not figure out a way to keep DeMarco Murray last year, that this team was going to go down, and they did. They went from 12-4 to 4-12. A lot of things happened, however, I think with that offensive line and the way they want to play football -- nothing against what (Darren) McFadden did (last) year, but we know his injury history -- they need a stud at that position. I think what their offensive success is predicated on."

Fun fact: Baldinger, who played from 1982-1993, began his career with the Cowboys (1982-1987) and finished his career with the Eagles (1992-1993).

Flashback: The Bounty Bowls
Fun fact, part deux (via the Dallas Morning News): On Thanksgiving Day back in 1989, Jimmy Johnson's first year in Dallas, he accused then-Eagles coach Buddy Ryan of offering a $500 bounty on quarterback Troy Aikman and a $200 reward for any Eagles player taking out kicker Luis Zendejas. The kicker had been cut by Philadelphia earlier that season. The game was later dubbed the Bounty Bowl.

The two teams played again two weeks later, in what was billed as Bounty Bowl II, and the Eagles swept the series.

buddy-ryan.jpg

Former Eagles coach Buddy Ryan was accused of placing bounties on Cowboys players. Getty Images
And in case you're wondering, all eight CBSSports.com experts have the Cowboys beating the Eagles.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what I am really liking about Zeke, is he gives his Oline credit. Isnt all me, me, me

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what I am really liking about Zeke, is he gives his Oline credit. Isnt all me, me, me
Maybe so, but all I see during the games is me, me, me. First carry of the game last game and he's pulling that feed me crap. First carry

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ezekiel Elliott could face lengthy ban, Jerry Jones spoke with NFL investigator
The Cowboys owner had words with an NFL investigator during the last owner's meeting

Ezekiel Elliott is having a historic rookie season for the Cowboys and has been one of the game's most productive running backs, but he could face a lengthy suspension if the NFL's current investigation finds he has violated the league's domestic abuse policy, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

Authorities in Columbus, Ohio, declined to press charges against Elliott following an incident there this summer, in which a complaint was filed against Elliott claiming five instances of domestic abuse, and the NFL's probe into the situation continues.

Multiple sources said that during the recent league meetings in Houston, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones raised the topic of the probe with Lisa Friel, a former New York prosecutor who spearheads the NFL's domestic violence investigations as a special counsel for the league. According to these sources, the interaction between Jones and Friel occurred with other league and team executives within earshot, and Friel did not respond to Jones during the interaction.

The Cowboys did not immediately respond to a request for comment Sunday on Jones' interaction with Friel.

jerry-jones.jpg

Jerry Jones spoke with the NFL's top investigator overseeing the Ezekiel Elliott probe. USATSI

USA Today first reported earlier this week that NFL investigators recently interviewed Elliott as part of the investigation. The NFL does not comment on the potential status of any violations of the personal conduct policy that may be under review, and declined to comment for this report.

No charges were brought against Elliott on any of the five complaints after the prosecutor's office determined "conflicting and inconsistent information across all incidents resulting in concern regarding the sufficiency of the evidence to support the filing of criminal charges."

However, the NFL has made it clear in its domestic violence policy that suspensions can still be warranted even in instances where no charges are brought, and sources said the league is continuing to gather information. The NFL's baseline policy calls for six games for the first instance of abuse; Giantskicker Josh Brown was recently given a one-game suspension due to "mitigating circumstances," but is now under investigation by the NFL again following evidence that pointed to potential other instances of abuse.

The league does not put a timeline on its investigations into domestic violence, and often faces difficulty obtaining timely evidence and statements from law enforcement and witnesses when applicable. Owners and executives from several teams took issue privately with how the Giants and the NFL handled the Brown situation, some believing it gave the appearance of preferential treatment for that franchise and its powerful owners, a sentiment the league strongly rebuffed.

Given the negative fallout of the Brown case, the NFL is once again under intense scrutiny regarding its handling of domestic abuse allegations.

Looks like the NFL mishandling the Brown case and investigation, may put the Cowboys in jeopardy of Elliott being another guy made an example of so that the NFL can try and save face. NFL's handling of player issues has turned into an absolute fucking joke.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's determined he assulted the girl by all means suspend him, but don't do so, so the NFL can save face over their mishandling of the Brown case.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's determined he assulted the girl by all means suspend him, but don't do so, so the NFL can save face over their mishandling of the Brown case.
Exactly. Before I bother reading that whole thing...are they saying he did anything? The cops sure don't think so...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Before I bother reading that whole thing...are they saying he did anything? The cops sure don't think so...
When the story first broke, the "victems" story was full of inconsistencies and witness accounts discredited her. Again I hope this doesn't turn into a witch hunt, just to show the world, the NFL is serious.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the story first broke, the "victems" story was full of inconsistencies and witness accounts discredited her. Again I hope this doesn't turn into a witch hunt, just to show the world, the NFL is serious.

Im afraid thats what is likely to happen with the way the NFL is currently