• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zards Misc News & Info

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would prefer Bogdanovic steal minutes from Morris ... but I dont see this happening. BoBo was brought in to help provide some scoring off the bench ... and he has provided that. If you swap him in the starting line up we're back where we started .... reluctant to take the starters out the game because we can not get any production off the bench.

Morris is too inconsistent with his scoring. Atleast Porter consistently gives you 15 points. So, if Brooks were considering changing someones minutes maybe give Bobo some of Morris time.

They really got off to a bad start after the all star break ... but impressed me on the 4 games in 5 nights west coast trip. The miles & back to backs along with the OT games all caught up with them ... Wall tweaking his ankle last week did not help either & all combined to contribute to them coming up short in 4 of the last 5.

You called out their defense. I would call it lack of rebounding ... this last Celtics game in particular the Celtics got way too many second chance opportunities. Gortat is losing minutes to Mahinmi. Neiter of them are pulling down enough boards.

These last few weeks of the regular season will be entertaining. The Hawks have a soft schedule, so the southeast division title could come down to the wire. If they can hold them off and win the first division title since ? 1979 ? we have to view that has a big step in the right direction.

Hawks vs Wizards tonight on ESPN should be interesting.

Point taken and I agree that Bojan was brought in to solidify the bench. Morris has been talking lately about the team remaining focused and getting the job done on both ends of the floor but other than the winning basket that shouldn't have been in Portland, he is struggling big time right now. I still say our defense has been rather poor all year long and yet, that is all Brooks has talked about but nothing really is changing. Rather than just Gortat and Mahinmi rebounding I say ALL players on the court need to focus on rebounding better.

I really think we have enough talent to make it to the ECF but not in our current state. We have to do the little things much better starting with defense, rebounding, making FT (Wall), spacing the floor and playing for each other. The team chemistry seems great as well. I guess playing defense is truly a commitment (not just talking about it) and it is obvious that the Wiz have not truly committed themselves to playing better defense.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this could happen tonight

the Wizards need just one win or one loss for Atlanta to clinch their division.

The Wizards will clinch the franchise's first division title since the 1978-79 season. At 38 years, not only is that the longest drought of all NBA teams, but it's the longest such streak of any team in U.S. professional sports. No one has waited longer in the NBA, NFL, NHL or MLB, and both the WNBA and MLS were not formed until the 1990s.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited:

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55