• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yup, Still in the Way Too Long League (Keeper Edition)

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is the league where guise that will be playing in the NFL Playoffs have a bit more value as we play into the Conference Championship games. So I have 2 questions.
Here are my keeper options. Kyler in the last round, McBride in the last round, Shakir in the last round or Mostart in the 9th. Leaning Kyler but he and McBride both will more than likely not be in the playoffs. It is half PPR.
Question 2 is this: I have the 2nd pick and TBH in this league that gives me at least a 50/50 shot at CMac and if he's there I'll be taking him. I'm just curious who yoose guise would take at 2 knowing we play into week (I think its 22). I know who I like..............

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is the league where guise that will be playing in the NFL Playoffs have a bit more value as we play into the Conference Championship games. So I have 2 questions.
Here are my keeper options. Kyler in the last round, McBride in the last round, Shakir in the last round or Mostart in the 9th. Leaning Kyler but he and McBride both will more than likely not be in the playoffs. It is half PPR.
Question 2 is this: I have the 2nd pick and TBH in this league that gives me at least a 50/50 shot at CMac and if he's there I'll be taking him. I'm just curious who yoose guise would take at 2 knowing we play into week (I think its 22). I know who I like..............

targeting potential playoff teams this early, think that means you have to go Lamb then Hill after CMC, very risky to take Bijan or Breece with their old man QBs coming back from injury if NFL playoffs is in your sights, Jefferson gets cancelled altogether under those parameters and Chase is very risky too, AFC North strongest division in football top to bottom

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q1 - I'd say if you have a dedicated TE spot to roster - McBride (you can't beat that value).
Q2 - In this format only - CMac (no question). ... if gone think someone on KC (maybe Pach), DET (St. Brown/Gibbs), BAL (Henry), PHI (AJB/Smith).

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i totally understand your league goes through the real life playoffs... but its only 3 rounds as you dont use the superbowl...

those three rounds are playoff rounds... i do think it is more important on draft day to just try to make it...

as eliminated teams will not be using their playoff players...

and you dont know who will make the playoffs, outside of the few near definites(49ers and Chiefs)...

i dont know how much of a boost i would give a should be playoff team player... probably would just be my tie breaker...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
targeting potential playoff teams this early, think that means you have to go Lamb then Hill after CMC, very risky to take Bijan or Breece with their old man QBs coming back from injury if NFL playoffs is in your sights, Jefferson gets cancelled altogether under those parameters and Chase is very risky too, AFC North strongest division in football top to bottom
I love Breece this year and would probably pick him, but if you are factoring in the playoff thing, Hill or Lamb should be the pick.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q1 - I'd say if you have a dedicated TE spot to roster - McBride (you can't beat that value).
Q2 - In this format only - CMac (no question). ... if gone think someone on KC (maybe Pach), DET (St. Brown/Gibbs), BAL (Henry), PHI (AJB/Smith).
Henry is the guy I'm looking at.........

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Breece this year and would probably pick him, but if you are factoring in the playoff thing, Hill or Lamb should be the pick.

how much better do you think dallas and Miami's playoff odds are than the jets??

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how much better do you think dallas and Miami's playoff odds are than the jets??
I think Atlanta might have the best odds of all the teams mentioned. Sure Cousins has to be healthy but that division is shit and they almost won it with Ridder

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Atlanta might have the best odds of all the teams mentioned. Sure Cousins has to be healthy but that division is shit and they almost won it with Ridder

Sure... but they are also most likely to lose in first round... so that was only gaining one game... is that worth it???

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure... but they are also most likely to lose in first round... so that was only gaining one game... is that worth it???
We don’t know yet. Dallas has been a one and out if they get in.
Miami? Tough division and again. What history proves they can win a game in the playoffs?

All the teams are in the same boat so you either take BPA for your preference of RB or WR. Atlanta, Dallas, Miami, NYJ. Sure NY and ATL with their QB concerns but neither of these teams is a proven contender. You could argue if their QB is healthy are more dangerous.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does the guy with Mahomes finish every year?
Season 3 Yes GIF by The Office

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is an interesting league... but i think we all have to remember that the playoff teams in this league will have a mini draft of all the available real liife playoff players who are not on a fantasy playoff team...

what this mean, is that every fantasy team will have a full roster...

so even if you draft no playoff players, you will still have a full roster... This IMO would make me focus least on playoff boosted value on QB...

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does the guy with Mahomes finish every year?
IIRC none..........but I will check. Like a few peeps already said you still have to get there. Last few years I have not been good at balancing my draft with the playoffs and last year I went too hard fer playoffs and missed on a tie breaker. Been in the league fer 7 years, have lost 3 SB's, won one and missed twice (both on tie breakers.........lol). You should see the drops before the playoffs start!

EDIT: Yup, he's never been in the SB and made playoffs only once!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Vegas doesnt like to lose money, here are their odds for who wins the SB.

Screenshot_20240828_221412_Samsung Internet.jpg