• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yu darvish vs the sox

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done. Seriously, I need a break from this bullshit.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Have to say though ... we got two very good young pitchers in TEX rotation. Yea ... both gave up long balls late in their time on the mound both nights. Neither feel good about the outcome of their games ... but the offense (and baserunning) are the real culprit not Tepesch or Grimm.

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every game I wish I knew more about the Upton situation this Winter. They need an OF bat in the Lineup. Murph just isn't an every day OFer, I don't believe Baker is either. Baker for sure has more pop, but don't think he can stay consistent.

Was at the game sitting in LF last night, and you see things on TV, but when you are there you get a more feel from the live action. especially if you are sitting on top of someone. It looks like he has gum on his shoes out there when a ball is it, then when he finally takes a step, that gum starts sticking. Not sure what the answer is, but LF is a big problem right now on D and at the plate.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say though ... we got two very good young pitchers in TEX rotation. Yea ... both gave up long balls late in their time on the mound both nights. Neither feel good about the outcome of their games ... but the offense (and baserunning) are the real culprit not Tepesch or Grimm.

The HR that Tepesch gave up was on a pretty good pitch, low in the strike zone. He also got squeezed on a pitch that should have been strike 3 on a 3-2 count. That base runner also came around to score.
I think as long as both Grimm and Tepesch can throw strikes and avoid issuing BB's they will be OK. Both have good stuff.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Every game I wish I knew more about the Upton situation this Winter. They need an OF bat in the Lineup. Murph just isn't an every day OFer, I don't believe Baker is either. Baker for sure has more pop, but don't think he can stay consistent.

Was at the game sitting in LF last night, and you see things on TV, but when you are there you get a more feel from the live action. especially if you are sitting on top of someone. It looks like he has gum on his shoes out there when a ball is it, then when he finally takes a step, that gum starts sticking. Not sure what the answer is, but LF is a big problem right now on D and at the plate.

aahhh ... the old gumshoe affliction. Explains a lot.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Upton was not the solution based on the price that was being asked for him

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upton was not the solution based on the price that was being asked for him
Not the solution? what price are you referring to? I've heard different things, and one that I heard at the time was.

They had a package with Olt, but Arz. said no and wanted more. (like profar) But then later on, came back and wanted to talk about the original offer, but Rangers backed off and took Olt off table. I haven't heard the exact offer from both teams to be verified by both organizations.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the solution? what price are you referring to? I've heard different things, and one that I heard at the time was.

They had a package with Olt, but Arz. said no and wanted more. (like profar) But then later on, came back and wanted to talk about the original offer, but Rangers backed off and took Olt off table. I haven't heard the exact offer from both teams to be verified by both organizations.

My understanding is Olt was always on the table but they wanted Profar and JD told them to take a hike.

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is Olt was always on the table but they wanted Profar and JD told them to take a hike.
I heard that too, but then after JD saying no, I heard Arz came back to talk about original offer by Rangers, but they said no forget it

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that too, but then after JD saying no, I heard Arz came back to talk about original offer by Rangers, but they said no forget it

Hadn't heard or read that anywhere.

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hadn't heard or read that anywhere.
Like I said, I've never heard exactly which player were ever involved. I just remember Arz. wanting way too much when they countered the Rangers. And I remember hearing Arz came back to talk but the Rangers had then pulled their original offer off the table. But I have no clue what the original offer was, just assumed it was probably Olt.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never once heard of Arizona backing off of Profar

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you look at the package the Braves gave up centered around Prado and Delgado, its pretty annoying it couldn't get done

We could've topped that package without giving up Profar

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you look at the package the Braves gave up centered around Prado and Delgado, its pretty annoying it couldn't get done

We could've topped that package without giving up Profar

Yeah but I think towers had already decided he was going to cut his nose off to spite his face to keep from dealing with JD.

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard they came back to talk about the Rangers first offer. I don't know who it included, but it was the Rangers original offer. But Rangers had changed their mind