• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Youtube TV is getting NFL Sunday Ticket for 2023

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2022 you could buy NFL Sunday Ticket from DirecTV for $399 a year. In order to get it, you also had to have a dish on the house because they weren't set up to stream it. (I bought DTV in July because Spectrum was so bad)

DTV has had ST since 1994.

I expect that Google/YouTube will hit you for YouTube TV service and then discount ST for new subscribers for the first year. Since the season runs about 23 weeks, I'd guess that ST will cost about $500. Most people get it because their favorite tem is out of market. A smart move would be to charge $25 per week for every Sunday Day telecast of your team. Problem for them is that many of the west coast teams are the second Sunday broadcast. My guess is that CBS and FOX will have a 1:00 and a 4:00 broadcast every week. ST still can't broadcast those games, TNF, SNF or MNF.

A billion is a thousand million. Making up $2.5B on subscriptions will be tough. Look for a shitload of halftime and end of quarter advertising.

They have been talking about singe team options and single week options. Plus, there is going to be a standalone option to buy the package without signing up for the subscription service. They can't get crazy with prices. Direct TV actually lost money on their deal.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Direct TV was always too stupid to have it, single team option is smart business.
I can see why it is but not for someone like me.........................

I made my Weekend Sunday/Monday and In the other game, the game the Seahawks are not playing in, I like to watch the best matchup possible, Perferably CBS over FOX, that is not been shown in the Canadian Market.

That Option kind of ruins that for me

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2022 you could buy NFL Sunday Ticket from DirecTV for $399 a year. In order to get it, you also had to have a dish on the house because they weren't set up to stream it. (I bought DTV in July because Spectrum was so bad)

DTV has had ST since 1994.

I expect that Google/YouTube will hit you for YouTube TV service and then discount ST for new subscribers for the first year. Since the season runs about 23 weeks, I'd guess that ST will cost about $500. Most people get it because their favorite tem is out of market. A smart move would be to charge $25 per week for every Sunday Day telecast of your team. Problem for them is that many of the west coast teams are the second Sunday broadcast. My guess is that CBS and FOX will have a 1:00 and a 4:00 broadcast every week. ST still can't broadcast those games, TNF, SNF or MNF.

A billion is a thousand million. Making up $2.5B on subscriptions will be tough. Look for a shitload of halftime and end of quarter advertising.
My Halftimes are already spent on YouTube so i guess i can ignore this.

Honestly, Why not makeup a pregame show on Youtube as well. If your going in, might as well go all in

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prices for all games package will go down eventually. DT was a old business model. The new biz models are game changers.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question is are we going to have to pay a monthly fee plus a subscription package fee to get access to the games?
Yes I would assume it's an additional cost.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early reports say that the Ticket will be an add on for the subscription service and will also be available as a stand alone. None of that is set in stone yet. Still no word on whether there will be team-specific packages or not (I doubt it).

Can't wait to cancel DTV.
Stand Alone meaning you can purchase it even if you do not have YouTube TV. I just cut the cable and added Hulu because I wanted local and live TV

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, Kaepernick! When the NFL started going woke, I made a conscious decision to watch less of it. Also, when games started shifting to Pay TV, I wasn’t going to pay for them.

Chasing the almighty dollar is now ruining sports, like so many other things. Take a great product and ruin it.
Ever think it only feels ruined to you? I can never blame a company for making money, it's what they are supposed to do. And as you said you have the option of not paying. This doesn't feel like greed to me it feels like business.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any news on costs?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever think it only feels ruined to you? I can never blame a company for making money, it's what they are supposed to do. And as you said you have the option of not paying. This doesn't feel like greed to me it feels like business.
actually it is greed from the NFL not TV companies(not saying they are of the hook either)
Price of NFL ST went from 1.5 billion per year to 2.5 billion
At 1.5 billion Direct tv lost 500 mil
So maybe utube might start cheaper (to get new customers)but it wont stay that way
BTW Welcome to America:suds:

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
single team option is smart business.

Is it really? ...... I would bet at least half of all NFL Sunday Ticket Customers only want one team to watch but have to pay for the Full Package.
If they offer very cheap 1 team packages ...then NFL Sunday Ticket would be looking at huge revenue losses if they don't get a huge increase of subscribers. I don't think those new subscribers are out there.

We know what demographics these new customers would be ... they rather make Tik Tok videos on Sunday than watch football.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the past few years I bought Sunday Ticket on Ebay. It worked fine and it was a super cheap option (35-50 bucks for the season).

In my opinion, charing 200-300 for the whole bang plus the subscription price would be a huge marketing mistake. You'll have folks looking for other options including VPN and the international deal (blanking on what that service is right now). On the other hand, if you offer single team subscription and then have RedZone available on your base subscription service, I think you'll end up with more people subscribing to your reguarl service. For example, if someone normally watches RedZone on Hulu, they might find it annoying to flip back and forth between Hulu and Youtube, so they'll just drop Hulu. I'd offer something really competitive for single team subscriptions and hope that would generate more regular monthly subscriptions..... If it doesn't work, you can tighten things up over time. My hunch is that there are a lot of interested customers but nobody new was jumping in the Directv pool over the past couple of years.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it really? ...... I would bet at least half of all NFL Sunday Ticket Customers only want one team to watch but have to pay for the Full Package.
If they offer very cheap 1 team packages ...then NFL Sunday Ticket would be looking at huge revenue losses if they don't get a huge increase of subscribers. I don't think those new subscribers are out there.

We know what demographics these new customers would be ... they rather make Tik Tok videos on Sunday than watch football.

Depends what $ they offer it for. Most people aren't paying $300 to see their team but 10 times that may pay $50 and most may pay $10 per week. I think they will do much better with multiple options. The main reason Direct tv never did was because they always used it as a loss leader. It will be interesting what youtube tv decides. Picking the right price points will be the key and there will likely be a lot of guessing at that year 1

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And lets be honest.... You never *really* had to pay 300 for the ticket at DTV..... You just called every summer, sat on hold for an hour, threatened to leave and ended up with a heavily reduced (and sometimes free) Sunday ticket. I don't imagine google is going to have a similar model.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually it is greed from the NFL not TV companies(not saying they are of the hook either)
Price of NFL ST went from 1.5 billion per year to 2.5 billion
At 1.5 billion Direct tv lost 500 mil
So maybe utube might start cheaper (to get new customers)but it wont stay that way
BTW Welcome to America:suds:
The NFL is a company with Stock Holders it's their responsibility to make as much money as possible it's not greed it's business. The consumer's power is in not watching the NFL or not buying Sunday ticket. Again, I can never blame a company for making money.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And lets be honest.... You never *really* had to pay 300 for the ticket at DTV..... You just called every summer, sat on hold for an hour, threatened to leave and ended up with a heavily reduced (and sometimes free) Sunday ticket. I don't imagine google is going to have a similar model.
Google has already ran an algorithm for each and every football fan in America and knows exactly what the limit each one of us us willing to pay.

They just haven't told us yet what our numbers are yet.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key is there is has to be an option for single team and not have to buy the monthly subscription. I think fans will pay 200-250 for that stand alone option. At $250 divide it by 17 games its like $15 per week. Thats affordable. Youtube should get alot of business from that.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key is there is has to be an option for single team and not have to buy the monthly subscription. I think fans will pay 200-250 for that stand alone option. At $250 divide it by 17 games its like $15 per week. Thats affordable. Youtube should get alot of business from that.
If I could pay $150 to $175 for just the Pats games that would seem fair, maybe $200.00