• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Teams Best Team...Ever

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd argue 2007 with a healthy Dennis Dixon.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say 2001 for Oregon. But obviously Im not an Oregon fan so you would know better than I would.

a healthy Dixon back in 2007, no one was stopping Oregon and Dixon was clear winner for the Heisman. Wheels came off after he got hurt and Oregon ended up having a pretty bad year, but before that Arizona game, nothing was stopping Oregon.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did a thread about a schools best team ever turn into Husker on Husker crime? :lol:

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bear Bryant said the best team he's ever coached was the 1966 Crimson Tide.

The 1992 team had a brick wall for a defense.

I think, as weird as this sounds, that Alabama AND LSU both fielded their best teams ever in the SAME year, 2011. It was scary how identical their scores with common opponents were. And then the Game of the Century of course... and the Rematch. Best 2 teams I've seen hit the field in my lifetime following college football. Just my opinion.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2005 Longhorns team. Probably the most dominant offense the BCS era has ever seen. I don't think people realize the amount of NFL talent that was on that team. I think Miami '01 is the only other team in the BCS era that had more NFL talent than the '05 Texas Longhorns.

Also, for shits and giggles, had Jamaal Charles and Jermichael Finley returned for their Sr. year in '08, that '08 team would have been almost equal to the '05 team and one of the most dominant teams in the BCS era as well.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2005 Longhorns team. Probably the most dominant offense the BCS era has ever seen. I don't think people realize the amount of NFL talent that was on that team. I think Miami '01 is the only other team in the BCS era that had more NFL talent than the '05 Texas Longhorns.

Also, for shits and giggles, had Jamaal Charles and Jermichael Finley returned for their Sr. year in '08, that '08 team would have been almost equal to the '05 team and one of the most dominant teams in the BCS era as well.

... and except for Mack and the Refs giving Tech a 19-0 lead, Texas would have played for a BCS NC.

Finley went Pro for money, his girlfriend was pregnant or already had a child by him.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure, if my Grandfather was still alive i'd ask him...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy for us. The '91 UW team that went undefeated and won the national title. I think most reasonable people know that team was better than the Miami team they were forced to share the title with.

Had one of the best defenses in Pac10 history easily. And don't overlook that offense either. Billy jo hobert and Mark Brunell were one hell of a combination at QB.

Beat a pretty decent Nebraska team in their house early in the season. I will never forget that game as long as I live. UW was down 14-6 at the half and came out and put on a clinic in the second half beating the Cornhuskers 36-21. It was nationally televised on ABC and the sight of the Nebraska fans giving a standing ovation to the UW team that just beat their squad was unbelievable. One of the great moments in team history truly.

No team that year got within 3 TD's in Husky stadium. Only two teams got to double digits there.

Then to beat Michigan in the Rose Bowl to top of the season and secure their share at least of the title was amazing.

Steve Emtman, Dave Hoffman, Dana Hall, Chico Fraley, and the rest of that defense were smothering and feared by all who faced them. Just a ridiculous pass rush.

Mario Bailey catching a late TD pass from Hobert and striking the Heisman pose was another incredible moment.

I'm not sure if all of my favorite games in UW history were during that season, but overall that was by far their best and most complete effort in every game because of how great that defense was.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy for us. The '91 UW team that went undefeated and won the national title. I think most reasonable people know that team was better than the Miami team they were forced to share the title with.

Had one of the best defenses in Pac10 history easily. And don't overlook that offense either. Billy jo hobert and Mark Brunell were one hell of a combination at QB.

Beat a pretty decent Nebraska team in their house early in the season. I will never forget that game as long as I live. UW was down 14-6 at the half and came out and put on a clinic in the second half beating the Cornhuskers 36-21. It was nationally televised on ABC and the sight of the Nebraska fans giving a standing ovation to the UW team that just beat their squad was unbelievable. One of the great moments in team history truly.

No team that year got within 3 TD's in Husky stadium. Only two teams got to double digits there.

Then to beat Michigan in the Rose Bowl to top of the season and secure their share at least of the title was amazing.

Steve Emtman, Dave Hoffman, Dana Hall, Chico Fraley, and the rest of that defense were smothering and feared by all who faced them. Just a ridiculous pass rush.

Mario Bailey catching a late TD pass from Hobert and striking the Heisman pose was another incredible moment.

I'm not sure if all of my favorite games in UW history were during that season, but overall that was by far their best and most complete effort in every game because of how great that defense was.

I got real drank that night.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got real drank that night.

I have no doubt. Still, I have never seen anything like your crowd giving them that standing ovation. It's something that those players still talk about to this day.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt. Still, I have never seen anything like your crowd giving them that standing ovation. It's something that those players still talk about to this day.

That was a tradition in the NW corner of the end zone for decades. Nobody left until the visiting team was applauded coming off the field (win or lose). The Huskers come out of that corner now and I don't go as often as I used to, so I don't know if the SW corner (where the visitors come out now) picked up the tradition or not. I assume they do.

The Husker Prayer

Dear Lord
in the battles as we go through life;
We ask for a field that's fair.
A chance that's equal to all in the strife;
The courage to do it or dare.
If we should win, let it be by the code;
With our faith and honor held high.
If we should lose, let us stand by the rules;
And cheer as the winners go by.

Day by day we get better and better;
A team that can't be beat, won't be beat.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know they did it for every home game. It's one thing to hear about it and another to see it in action. It really helps let you know that winning on that field is something special. As if beating a ranked and nationally respected team on their turf isn't enough, add the classy reception by the fans and you have cemented memories.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my lifetime, 2011 Alabama is the best I've seen. 2010 Bama had a lot of talent, but they got cocky and bought into their own hype. Overall, my dad would probably 79 is one of the best.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll add this, the next year Nebraska came into Husky stadium and gave me another one of my favorite moments in Husky history. It was the very first ever night game as the stadium and Nebraska was ranked coming into that game. It was on ESPN and they recorded the sound at over 133 decibels at one point. It was the loudest I ever heard that stadium get.

I've always had a tremendous amount of respect for Nebraska and their program and fans.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only 17 players on that team were drafted over the next three years........there have definitely been teams with more NFL talent than that

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I know they did it for every home game. It's one thing to hear about it and another to see it in action. It really helps let you know that winning on that field is something special. As if beating a ranked and nationally respected team on their turf isn't enough, add the classy reception by the fans and you have cemented memories.

Yeah. That was not a bad Nebraska team by any means. NU lost to co-champ Miami in the Orange Bowl as well, but winning in Lincoln was a tall task at that time and would have persuaded my vote for #1.

Too bad Miami and Washington couldn't have played for all the marbles. Major flaw in the system back then.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll add this, the next year Nebraska came into Husky stadium and gave me another one of my favorite moments in Husky history. It was the very first ever night game as the stadium and Nebraska was ranked coming into that game. It was on ESPN and they recorded the sound at over 133 decibels at one point. It was the loudest I ever heard that stadium get.

I've always had a tremendous amount of respect for Nebraska and their program and fans.

Man I've always hated when Nebraska wears all white or all red. Mike Grant (the Nebraska QB at the time) lost his starting job to an 18 y/o true freshman a couple weeks later. That true freshman happened to be Tommie Frazier. Frazier (being so young) likely wouldn't have won that game either (he lost to Iowa St later on) . Just a tidbit.

Last edited by a moderator: