• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your luxury FA signing

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might end up being Slay and Gilbert that man the outside for us. That would be interesting. And if Greenwood started playing good......

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might end up being Slay and Gilbert that man the outside for us. That would be interesting. And if Greenwood started playing good......

Jonte Green has looked pretty impressive every time he's gotten on the field, to be honest. Seems like he's been the last resort for the last couple of years, but has stepped in and held his own when counted on. From what I saw he and Greenwood and Slay were all much more physical with the WRs at the line than Houston and Bentley, which makes sense given the respective size differences.

Adding Gilbert or Dennard to our current crop leaves us in pretty damn good shape going forward, imo. It may take them a few years to all being playing up to potential, but we'd have 4 young guys over 6' tall who all ran sub 4.4 40's coming out of college...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most frustrating part about our secondary is the fact we do not have a play maker back there. Our CBs only had 2 interceptions last year. That just isn't going to cut it.

While adding Gilbert or Dennard would help -- it usually takes a year or so for a CB to get acclimated to the NFL, That is why I was hoping the Lions were going to go after a proven cornerback in FA. Didn't realize people were going to break the bank to sign them though.

Maybe Detroit will pass on the CB position, so they can go after one next year. Joe Haden, Patrick Peterson, Richard Sherman and Darrell Revis all will be FA's. LOL

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most frustrating part about our secondary is the fact we do not have a play maker back there. Our CBs only had 2 interceptions last year. That just isn't going to cut it.

While adding Gilbert or Dennard would help -- it usually takes a year or so for a CB to get acclimated to the NFL, That is why I was hoping the Lions were going to go after a proven cornerback in FA. Didn't realize people were going to break the bank to sign them though.

Maybe Detroit will pass on the CB position, so they can go after one next year. Joe Haden, Patrick Peterson, Richard Sherman and Darrell Revis all will be FA's. LOL

You're forgetting we have a d-coordinator that has been very successful at coaching and improving CBs. Now I'm not saying he can work magic with everyone, but how about we give him a chance before we deem every CB on our roster a bust? The way I see it, if Austin can't improve some of these guys, no one can. I'd say his body of work speaks for itself.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Management has brought in coaching that is good with secondary. Of course we have a secondary coach, but our database coordinator specializes in d backs and Caldwell was a d coordinator. Like micro is saying these guys may bring out more in some of these guys than we've seen. We have some talented young guys. Our secondary may be better than most of us think.