• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your current Top 5? Week 6

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While yesterday took a little luster off a couple of 'em, one is a rivalry game for sure and the Auburn game is a semi rivalry. But LSU and Kentucky don't seem to have anough offense to challege you.

Now, since I said that, watch those two give Jawjah more hell than the drag assers and the barn. Just to prove me wrong.
I definitely consider Florida and Auburn to be rivalry games. Kentucky and LSU are good teams as well and if we can get a win against all of them it helps UGA's strength of schedule. LSU and Auburn won't drop that much in the polls, Florida will move up after their win, and Kentucky may end up ranked near the bottom of the top 25 and move up a little with some wins.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely consider Florida and Auburn to be rivalry games. Kentucky and LSU are good teams as well and if we can get a win against all of them it helps UGA's strength of schedule. LSU and Auburn won't drop that much in the polls, Florida will move up after their win, and Kentucky may end up ranked near the bottom of the top 25 and move up a little with some wins.
Kentucky's offense was painful to watch last night. Arkansas' looked better against A&M than Kentucky's. Calipari would be disappointed in their 3 pt shooting ability.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky's offense was painful to watch last night. Arkansas' looked better against A&M than Kentucky's. Calipari would be disappointed in their 3 pt shooting ability.
This was the first week Kentucky didn't put up a nice chunk of points. They've already beaten the Florida and Mississippi State who both had big wins this week. They might not be great but they have a much better squad than you normally see from Kentucky.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the next four weeks if Georgia goes 4-0 I don't think anyone will question them being at #2 or higher.

If they go 4-0 in this stretch, they'll deserve the 2 spot, but last night was really the first time this season that they've looked like a top 5 team. Fromm only played a little more than a half and had the best game of his career. And even in Fields' first drive of the game, he made a mistake and looked to run when his first option wasn't open and didn't see a wide open receiver on a crossing route and wound up taking a sack, but seeing Hot Rod make a 53 yard FG that would have been good from 65 was worth it.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While yesterday took a little luster off a couple of 'em, one is a rivalry game for sure and the Auburn game is a semi rivalry. But LSU and Kentucky don't seem to have anough offense to challege you.

Now, since I said that, watch those two give Jawjah more hell than the drag assers and the barn. Just to prove me wrong.

Auburn is more than a semi rival, they're a full blown rival.

It's tough to win on the road, especially in Baton Rouge, so I'm still not overly confident about LSU, though I do like our chances more now, especially since we finally played a good game last night, even if it was against Vandy. We finally looked like we have some rhythm on offense, and the defense didn't allow a TD until 2 seconds left in the game with all the starters resting.

Florida's defense looks legit, and with a banged up o-line(we're really deep there with talent, but there's a lot of underclassmen playing), and none of the RBs being great in pass pro like both Chubb and Michel were, I'm a little nervous about the Florida game. Might be a defensive slugfest.

Kentucky had a really bad game plan against A&M. Benny Snell only touched the ball 13 times. But their offense hasn't been overly impressive this season, and that score in the South Carolina game is deceiving. South Carolina just kept shooting themselves in the foot over and over again. I never take any opponent lightly, but of the 4 games, Kentucky is the one I have the most confidence in our ability to beat.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the OP:

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Notre Dame
5. Georgia

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn is more than a semi rival, they're a full blown rival.

It's tough to win on the road, especially in Baton Rouge, so I'm still not overly confident about LSU, though I do like our chances more now, especially since we finally played a good game last night, even if it was against Vandy. We finally looked like we have some rhythm on offense, and the defense didn't allow a TD until 2 seconds left in the game with all the starters resting.

Florida's defense looks legit, and with a banged up o-line(we're really deep there with talent, but there's a lot of underclassmen playing), and none of the RBs being great in pass pro like both Chubb and Michel were, I'm a little nervous about the Florida game. Might be a defensive slugfest.

Kentucky had a really bad game plan against A&M. Benny Snell only touched the ball 13 times. But their offense hasn't been overly impressive this season, and that score in the South Carolina game is deceiving. South Carolina just kept shooting themselves in the foot over and over again. I never take any opponent lightly, but of the 4 games, Kentucky is the one I have the most confidence in our ability to beat.
The four of them have pretty good defenses. I think if you get to the 20s you'll win.

But I can't see any of those four giving you guys a problem offensively. Unless your defense isn't as good as I think they are. But, I've only watched the South Carolina and Mizzou games so those may not be a good guage on your defense. I don't think any of those four have the offense/QB Mizzou does and they got less than 30 on you.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The four of them have pretty good defenses. I think if you get to the 20s you'll win.

But I can't see any of those four giving you guys a problem offensively. Unless your defense isn't as good as I think they are. But, I've only watched the South Carolina and Mizzou games so those may not be a good guage on your defense. I don't think any of those four have the offense/QB Mizzou does and they got less than 30 on you.

The defense has gotten better as the season went on. Secondary seems to be improved over last season, linebackers have dropped a bit, but you can't expect the same results when 3 of your LBs are now on NFL rosters, with 2 of them going in the first 3 rounds with one going in the top 10. D-line looks to be about the same as last year, should get better as Jonathan Ledbetter gets healthier.

We'll be favored in all 4 games, but I don't think any will be a cakewalk. Having a FG kicker than is accurate from 55 is a big advantage though if the games get gritty and turn into defensive slugfests.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they go 4-0 in this stretch, they'll deserve the 2 spot, but last night was really the first time this season that they've looked like a top 5 team. Fromm only played a little more than a half and had the best game of his career. And even in Fields' first drive of the game, he made a mistake and looked to run when his first option wasn't open and didn't see a wide open receiver on a crossing route and wound up taking a sack, but seeing Hot Rod make a 53 yard FG that would have been good from 65 was worth it.
Fields clearly needs more experience before he's a big threat. These upcoming games will be very important for how we play him going forward.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields clearly needs more experience before he's a big threat. These upcoming games will be very important for how we play him going forward.

Fromm has been great this year. We need to have packages for Fields to be on the field because he is a playmaker, if only with his feet at this point.

Last night would have been a really good opportunity to let him play the entire 4th quarter, but they went with that 3rd string retard instead.