• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your current grade for the Lions 2015 off season is...

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing about this conversation though is everyone always says we should do things like teams like the Patriots. The Patriots never ever would have given Suh the money it would have take to stay. Ravens and Packers are similar. The clown show fucks up, but letting a guy that wants too much money is not a bad sign.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are pretty much cap strapped. They really can't do a whole lot. Damn sure couldnt pay Spiller that much. They could always sell high on Megatron, free up 20 million...get several draft picks. Since we seem to be getting worse...that might be the best option for the future.
I guess I must have missed that memo...

Unless you're one of those slappies that thinks we can't win without Suh?

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they felt that Donald wasn't the best player on the board it made complete and total sense that they didn't go after Donald, especially if they felt they would be able to retain Suh.
'

Pretty bad when they have Ebron has the highest rated player and the Offensive and Defensive rookie of the years get picks shortly there after. Not to mention an "all-pro" offensive lineman as well.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'

Pretty bad when they have Ebron has the highest rated player and the Offensive and Defensive rookie of the years get picks shortly there after. Not to mention an "all-pro" offensive lineman as well.
You have absolutely no idea whatsoever, though, where St. Loius, NYG, or Dallas had Ebron rated relative to Donald, Beckham, or Martin, though. If we hadn't chosen him, one of those three teams very well might have taken him over either of those three guys.

Believe it or not, Mayhew isn't the only, singular GM in the league that makes mistakes, nor does he make more mistakes than most GMs do. It only seems that way because you guys only pay attention to what Mayhew does and then seemingly have zero interest in what other GMs do relative to what Mayhew does. He's graded on an imaginary "ideal GM" scale, rather than being graded relative to his peers...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I must have missed that memo...

Unless you're one of those slappies that thinks we can't win without Suh?

How have the Lions gotten better since losing Suh? You defend Bubbles like it's the American flag.

When the hot rumor was that the Lions were favorites to keep Suh:

Best news I've heard all morning.

But now that he took a tiny bit more money from Miami than Mayhew offered, Mayhew is a genius for not "over paying" and Suh is just some nobody?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have absolutely no idea whatsoever, though, where St. Loius, NYG, or Dallas had Ebron rated relative to Donald, Beckham, or Martin, though. If we hadn't chosen him, one of those three teams very well might have taken him over either of those three guys.

Believe it or not, Mayhew isn't the only, singular GM in the league that makes mistakes, nor does he make more mistakes than most GMs do. It only seems that way because you guys only pay attention to what Mayhew does and then seemingly have zero interest in what other GMs do relative to what Mayhew does. He's graded on an imaginary "ideal GM" scale, rather than being graded relative to his peers...

I find it be the opposite. Mayhew's strongest supporters are often oblivious to the rest of the NFL. Some posters here don't even know who Cameron Wake is.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm loyal to Suh. He wanted to play here but black God and his drunk buddy fucked it up.
Suh is saying anything to protect his 'brand'. He also said it wasn't about money and how he wanted to go to a successful franchise.

Now let's see -- He was offered a contract by the Lions to make him the highest paid defensive player in NFL history. Shockingly enough -- he accepted the contract from the team that made the highest bid.

He wanted to go to a successful franchise and a team moving in the right direction. Let's see -- Miami hasn't been to the playoffs in 7 or 8 years and they are going to be in cap hell starting in 2016 and had to cut multiple players just to fit Suh's contract into their cap.

Suh is always going to be one of my favorite players, but anyone who believes the bullshit coming out of his mouth about 'expecting to be back in Detroit' and 'wanting to be here' is foolish. Suh is only worried about himself and his family. I don't blame him one bit either. He owes the fans nothing. This is his job and he had every right to go to the highest bidder.

So PLEASE stop with the whoa is me, Suh wanted to be here and the front office screwed it up. If you want to bitch about the front office and how they handled his contract and screwed the Lions out of an extra year with Suh by tagging him -- I'm on board. In the end though -- Suh was going to the highest bidder and I applaud the front office for not handing him an absolutely absurd contract.

I don't need to try and convince myself Suh lies just to make myself like my team better.

Suh wanted to be here. Front office fucked it up. Facts.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh is a liar who is concerned with his brand and his image, not with being a Detroit Lion.

That one actually is a fact.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh is a liar who is concerned with his brand and his image, not with being a Detroit Lion.

That one actually is a fact.

Sure. Just like he was going to NY lol

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh was going to NY? News to me.

I try not to let every internet rumor change the course of my life. Turns out there's no rules about things on the internet having to be true. Believe it or not the media is often more concerned with generating revenue then giving the reader the truth. All of the stuff you read on the web concerning players is being written by a business which is concerned with turning a profit, not by some generous dude who wants to make sure we're all well-informed.

Probably shouldn't believe all the rumors you read online, no matter how convenient they are to the Football Jesus argument...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One fact (you seem to like facts) you're consistently ignoring is that Suh CHOSE to leave. He left us high and dry, and it was nobody's decision but his own.

Sure, there's plenty of blame to go around, but you're assigning that blame to everyone except the main culprit, imo...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One fact (you seem to like facts) you're consistently ignoring is that Suh CHOSE to leave. He left us high and dry, and it was nobody's decision but his own.

Sure, there's plenty of blame to go around, but you're assigning that blame to everyone except the main culprit, imo...

Mayhew can do no wrong. I know. Ebron is awesome.

Suh was going to NY? News to me.

I try not to let every internet rumor change the course of my life. Turns out there's no rules about things on the internet having to be true. Believe it or not the media is often more concerned with generating revenue then giving the reader the truth. All of the stuff you read on the web concerning players is being written by a business which is concerned with turning a profit, not by some generous dude who wants to make sure we're all well-informed.

Probably shouldn't believe all the rumors you read online, no matter how convenient they are to the Football Jesus argument...

Like going from loving Suh to calling him a liar and shitting on him?

I get it. You're very loyal.

Btw you're doing the exact same thing you warn against here by calling Suh a liar and claiming he's only interested in building his image to fit your agenda. That's only been reported by the media, and it ties into the NY rumors.

Last edited:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways my current grade is back to an F

One back up signing. Great work.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew can do no wrong. I know. Ebron is awesome.

Like going from loving Suh to calling him a liar and shitting on him?

I get it. You're very loyal.

Btw you're doing the exact same thing you warn against here by calling Suh a liar and claiming he's only interested in building his image to fit your agenda. That's only been reported by the media, and it ties into the NY rumors.
No, that's common sense that I came up with all on my own.

See, what I did was look at Suh's comments about "always wanting to stay in Detroit" and then I looked at the offers made, and factored in his decision to play on a lesser-roster for more money. I came to the obvious conclusion that he's a liar, because what he said he wanted to do was the opposite of what he did.

It's amazing what the human mind is capable of when not clouded by sheer anger...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Suh is a great player and the best DT in the league, no doubt about it.

That being said how a Lions fan can not be pissed at Suh for walking away from an offer that would have made him the highest paid defender in the league is beyond me. Your bias towards him is pretty astounding, imo. It's as if he really is your own, personal Football Jesus.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh wanted to be here. Front office fucked it up. Facts.

If you are going to make a statement that you call factual, and the extent of your evidence to that point is the standard rhetoric that all players give after they leave, then the factual quality of that statement is zero.

Mayhew was going to tag Suh if I remember correctly. Then they were "very likely" going to sign him. Both of those statements offer the same level of factual evidence that you've offered with regards to him wanting to be here, and both of them proved to false as well. They are merely statements, no facts support them.

You won't get an argument from me that the front office fucked it up, but there is absolutely nothing supporting the statement that Suh wanted to be here.