• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your current grade for the Lions 2015 off season is...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah so far the lions have essentially traded a fourth and fifth round pick, suh, fairley, and mosley for a 31 year old dt coming off a ped suspension, a seventh round pick and tyrunn on the dline.

Anybody that thinks thats a good grade is nuts.

Thats not to say the lions wont finish strong by drafting well but so far its been a massive failure. Anyone that disagrees is kidding themselves, and its always the same people that think the lions can do no wrong.

Ngata probably will have a decent season but he isnt even comparable to suh. Any team that blows up a great defensive line and the number two defense and switches to a 3-4 from a 4-3 deserves a bad grade.

3648229-4172860377-tumbl.gif

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never came close to making the playoffs and had to go 0-16 before they shit-canned him.

Let me refresh your memory a little bit... week 2 Joh Kitna blew a gasket and just walked off the field (didn't even try to make the tackle) after his third INT during the Packers game at Lambueau. Afterwards Millen addresses the fan base to be patience which the fans were already crying for Kitna to be benched and Fire Millen was as strong as ever. I know for sure Millen was oust before Kitna was injured during the Bears game (week 4) and placed on IR. Dan Orlovsky had his first career start in week 5 of '08 against the Vikings which the Officials changed the outcome of that game.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is 1-15 that much better? People laughed before and after. Not sure that one win was going to change people's outlook on the franchise.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is 1-15 that much better? People laughed before and after. Not sure that one win was going to change people's outlook on the franchise.
How many teams can you name that went 1-15?

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...at least Mayhew didn't sign Darren McFadden.

I'm really grasping at straws here.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Suh got paid to play for the Lions, how much is of little concern to me. 19mil, 20mil, tag his ass, whatever. Id like to see us not draft in theTop 10-15 every other year. Since we only keep offensive guys we draft anyway.

Ngata for two picks hurts more than over paying Suh.(they're all over payed. People just like to throw the term around to feel vindicated.) It's not like we turned the savings into a player of impact. (Ngata is the football equivalent of cholesterol at this point.). We re-signed our own mostly meaningless backups and a guy that didn't start for the Saints. Yay! (I seriously, honestly do like the Walker signing.)

The team is drastically less talented right now than it was at the end of season, or the start of the season, or this time last year. Or pick your reference point for comparison.

The Vikings are going to add another young RB (after they fleece someone for AP)and then we'll be older in most every area. Battling the Bears for the bottom. But without an over paid DT. Fiscal responsibility will feel great.

Atleast that fucker hasn't signed a FA RB..... yet.

Hmmm... drastically less talented than the end of last year? Well, we lost Fairley who was not playing the end of the year. We swapped Suh for Ngata which is not much a step down at all. We don't have Mosley, but we could still get him back. We dropped Raiola, which according to everyone on the board automatically makes us better. We lost Bush who didn't bring much to the table all year, but we have Tulloch back. So... Yeah let's all make ridiculous claims that have no merit to find every reason to be me mad we lost Suh.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We swapped Suh for Ngata which is not much a step down at all.

I've been sitting here for ten minutes trying to figure out how to respond to this. I have nothing. I'm in shock.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm... drastically less talented than the end of last year? Well, we lost Fairley who was not playing the end of the year. We swapped Suh for Ngata which is not much a step down at all. We don't have Mosley, but we could still get him back. We dropped Raiola, which according to everyone on the board automatically makes us better. We lost Bush who didn't bring much to the table all year, but we have Tulloch back. So... Yeah let's all make ridiculous claims that have no merit to find every reason to be me mad we lost Suh.
. What planet do you come from? Sunshine and Rainbows must abound if Ngata isn't a step down and was "swapped" for Suh. We lost two of our seven picks to lose a pass rush threat and add a giant clogger coming off a drug suspension. (He was going to get cut, like Caldwell was going to get fired. We're stocking up on guys Baltimore doesn't want.)

Where exactly did we gain talent?

Tulloch was already a Lion, same with Swanson, same with IAQ same with Prater, same with Bynes. Walker?

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get some reading comprehension man. You referenced both the end of last year and the beginning of last year. So I'm obviously comparing guys that were suiting up at the end of last year. Apparently everyone thinks a top 5 DT is a huge drop off from Suh, I don't, but difference of opinion. Other than that we're not any worse. At least not yet. If FA ends with no guards, corners, or additional tackles maybe I'll lose my shit half as bad as half the board.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, I think Ngata is damn good.

But it's like swapping ARodg for Phil Rivers. Reach all you want, you can't reach far enough.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get some reading comprehension man. You referenced both the end of last year and the beginning of last year. So I'm obviously comparing guys that were suiting up at the end of last year. Apparently everyone thinks a top 5 DT is a huge drop off from Suh, I don't, but difference of opinion. Other than that we're not any worse. At least not yet. If FA ends with no guards, corners, or additional tackles maybe I'll lose my shit half as bad as half the board.
Not all of us, no. Just those who can't accept that Suh decided he'd rather be a Dolphin than a Lion.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all of us, no. Just those who can't accept that Suh decided he'd rather be a Dolphin than a Lion.

He wanted to be a Lion but your adopted dad fucked it up.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wanted to be a Lion, he would've signed. He wasn't coming back, plain and simple.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can recall the Media going to town on Millen and the Team because of the fan base, even taking cheap shots later in the season. There sure seemed to be a spell there where Marinelli was trying to be a mediator for Millen and got hit by a whole convoy of Mack trucks. Can't remember what DC Rod Marinelli let go after one year for a "lack of performance" to make room for his son-n-law and didn't give Barry the same treatment after ranking 32nd in the league on defense in '07. Honestly, I think any fight the Lions had in them (to "pound the rock") sank to the abyss when the Officials took over and the fan base was right.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many teams can you name that went 1-15?

I know the Rams went 1-15 a year or two after the Lions had their 0-16 season because the Lions were the only team they beat. The Patriots and Cowboys both had a one win season which helped when their fans were ragging on me for being a Lions fan. I know there's a few more but it's not something I wanna look up.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the Rams went 1-15 a year or two after the Lions had their 0-16 season because the Lions were the only team they beat. The Patriots and Cowboys both had a one win season which helped when their fans were ragging on me for being a Lions fan. I know there's a few more but it's not something I wanna look up.
Rams in '09, '91 Colts, '80 Saints, '01 Panthers, '96 Jets, '07 Dolphins(the new best team in the league) all also went 1-15.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It cracks me up when you guys think he was coming back. Suh started seeing those dollar signs last year and was planning on getting as much as he could. Im sure Mayhew wasnt as confident a deal would get done as he said he was.