• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your coach vs. top 25 teams.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The original stat is just fine.
It gives the career and current school.

Some coaches are just slow learners, that's all.

The original stat sucks because it used the ranking of the team at the time they played rather than the ranking at the end of the year. Rankings during the season are completely meaningless, and the closer to the start of the season you get the worse they are.

Or are we to believe BYU actually deserves credit for beating a "top 25 team" last year when it beat Texas?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's so great, why didn't they have the career stat and then the stat for the current school.

Oh wait, it doesn't look so good then.:yahoo:

Pretty obvious you only think the original stat is good because of where it puts Bob Stoops, and I doubt you would think using a teams ranking at the time of a game was a good idea anywhere else.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try to keep up. Team Speed Kills compiled the list. It's much better than your stupid list which counts bookoodles of teams that didn't even finish the season ranked.
LOL. Start your own damn thread then if you only want to make it about end of the season rankings and start from when St Nick started at Bama. This thread is about every coaches and their all time records when they started coaching vs AP ranked teams at the time of the game.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game time rankings are bout as useless as tits on a boar hog.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Start your own damn thread then if you only want to make it about end of the season rankings and start from when St Nick started at Bama. This thread is about every coaches and their all time records when they started coaching vs AP ranked teams at the time of the game.

The list is trash and if you don't like people pointing it out, then don't post it on a forum.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's two sides to the coin. Gloat over your inferior list as you wish.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Les Miles.

fucking stud

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The list is trash and if you don't like people pointing it out, then don't post it on a forum.
I'll post what the Hell I want to. I never said it was the greatest thing in the world.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll post what the Hell I want to. I never said it was the greatest thing in the world.

cfqkFnL.gif

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with a list like this is that it lacks context. For example, Brady Hoke's numbers aren't that good, but........he spent most of his time as a head coach at Ball State. A place where it is about as hard as a place it is to win as a school can get, and doesn't play too many top 25 teams (except as a whipping boy). However, back in 2006, while they ended up losing to top 10 ranked Michigan, the Brady Hoke lead Ball State squad put up a damn good fight. So considering the talent gap, he showed even back then he is a pretty good coach, even in a losing effort.

I disagree. When I see Hoke's W/L record against the top 25 and pair it with his performance at Michigan I think, yep seems about right. That's what happens when a mid-major coach gets a job he's not qualified for. He's a good recruiter who has managed to out talent a couple of schools, but when it comes down to coaching you get the Penn State game. Fortunately he's a delegator so if Nussmeier's as good as advertised and Funk wasn't the problem, Michigan should win at least 10 games this year.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I side with the Bammers here. I know, I know :shocked:

It isn't like the Bama faithful are doing this to make Sabs look better as his record isn't as good in the updated list. IMO the only list in this context that is viable is the end of season ranking.

Again, Sabs isn't as good.... So ya, they are just trying to make a more accurate indicator on the topic at hand. Not glorifying St Nock, just giving a better indicator is all I am seeing.

But hey, what do I know.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ferentz's teams aren't known as the teams that upsets the Top 25, but I bet a large majority of the 34 losses had <7 pont differential. So, they are known as the team that no team can overlook, even in down years.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't really judge Gary Andersen yet, as he spent most of those years at Utah St. I think he'll be as good of a coach, and maybe a bit better, than Bret was.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty obvious you only think the original stat is good because of where it puts Bob Stoops, and I doubt you would think using a teams ranking at the time of a game was a good idea anywhere else.

Well sure. You're pretty much an Einstein to figure that out so fast.

The first list was crap because of game time rankings.
The second list was crap for only going back to 2007 and not breaking it out by career and current school.

Anything else albert.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and posters wonder why I ignore 4down20.

Nobody wonders anything, it's pretty much a consensus that you are just a bitch. And that you keep telling everyone who is on your ignore list as if it's somekind of punishment or statement about that person is quite funny.

Of course, when you accidentally reply to someone you claim to have on ignore it's even more funny, so keep on.