• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You won't see a more gifted passer

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dallas Cowboys are moving on from Brandon Weeden.

The team announced Tuesday that it has released the veteran quarterback, who was winless in three starts after replacing an injured Tony Romo. Weeden was benched in favor of Matt Cassel prior to Week 7.

In four games, Weeden completed 71 of 98 passes (72.4 percent) for 739 yards, two touchdowns, two interceptions and a passer rating of 92.2. The numbers can be deceiving, however: The Cowboys struggled to move the ball on offense with Weeden, averaging just 18 points per game in losses to the Falcons, Saints and Patriots.

The Cowboys needed to make room on the roster with Romo set to return after missing seven weeks with a fractured collarbone. Cassel has been an average quarterback -- he's 0-4 as a starter -- but the Cowboys obviously see him as a better backup option than Weeden going forward.

The move isn't necessarily a surprise, but it does show how quickly team brass soured on Weeden. Less than two months ago, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones told a local radio station that you "won't see a more gifted passer" than Weeden, who signed a two-year deal with Dallas after being released by the Browns in March 2014.

"As (quarterback coach) Wade Wilson said, he's just not the same guy that we had last year," Jones said shortly after Romo went down. "He's progressed that much. He said that before we had this issue with Tony. I think we all feel good about what we got."

Just another example of how quickly things change in the NFL.

HAHAHAHA Laugh my ass off at Jerruh

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember at Oklahoma St he had a darn good pass, but so does half of college QBs. Also wasn't he like 4 or 5 years a older than everyone else?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've cut Matt Cassel. Weeden may be average but that's 100x better than Cassel.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've cut Matt Cassel. Weeden may be average but that's 100x better than Cassel.

Cassel is a solid back up. With your back up QB youre not realistically looking for him to go out and win you the game, just not lose it for you. Having more career INTs than TDs (Weeden) loses games.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cassel is a solid back up. With your back up QB youre not realistically looking for him to go out and win you the game, just not lose it for you. Having more career INTs than TDs (Weeden) loses games.

Weeden is 2-2 in TD/INT ratio this season compared to 4-5 for Cassel while Cassel has 70 more yards. Both have played 4 games. Now the Cowboys struggled to find a running game with Weeden where as they had that with Cassel and yet he was still more turnover prone. Weeden is the much more safer QB and won't flat out screw you with his questionable throws like Cassel does.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weeden is 2-2 in TD/INT ratio this season compared to 4-5 for Cassel while Cassel has 70 more yards. Both have played 4 games. Now the Cowboys struggled to find a running game with Weeden where as they had that with Cassel and yet he was still more turnover prone. Weeden is the much more safer QB and won't flat out screw you with his questionable throws like Cassel does.

They seemed to allow Cassel more freedom to throw downfield, which leads to those bad throws. They dont even give Weeden a chance to make mistakes because they have no confidence in him. Its a giant douche vs a turd sandwich. I gotta go with the guy who they at least trust to make the bad throws.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They seemed to allow Cassel more freedom to throw downfield, which leads to those bad throws. They dont even give Weeden a chance to make mistakes because they have no confidence in him. Its a giant douche vs a turd sandwich. I gotta go with the guy who they at least trust to make the bad throws.

And if Dez had had the sense to go up for that last pass, Cassel would have had one less INT.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weeden also didn't have anyone real good to throw to other than Witten because both Williams and Beasley are average at best. Cassel at least had Dez for 2 games.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weeden also didn't have anyone real good to throw to other than Witten because both Williams and Beasley are average at best. Cassel at least had Dez for 2 games.

2 games Dez for some reason had his head up his own ass.