• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You fucking queers

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you leave a tip for the house cleaning lady at a hotel when you leave?

I try to, but if I don't have anything smaller than a $20 on me...well sorry lady. I need that for beer

It depends on the length of my stay.

If I'm there less than a week I hang the 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the door and leave it there. I don't need vacuumed, fresh bedding or towels every day (I hang my towel to dry). I take my own body wash/shampoo, etc..

I feel like my hotel room is my personal space and I'm not real comfortable with strangers having access to my personal belongings just to make things look new every day. I'll even take my own coffee and filters if I'm there more than a day or two.

If I'm there longer than a week and use their services a couple times then I'll leave $10.

I've stayed at places where the maid actually knocked on the door (two mornings in a row) to tell me the 'Do Not Disturb' sign was on my door. :L "No Shit lady, I don't need anything".

I finally went down to the front desk and told them "I'll let them know if I need anything".

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sound a little anal RA

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

Tipping is for service. If we had that mindset that we tip for picking up take out, we would be tipping grocery cashiers...

I read a good comment recently on a story about tipping and how Americans have gone way overboard on how we tip and what we tip for compared to the rest of the world. And I must say, in my travels abroad, for the most part tipping is not common. Below is a good observation from a European that I found:

"I really think tipping as a means of waitresses and others earning the vast majority of their living is ridiculous. If I have to pay, say 15% anyway, then include it in the bill! It’s not a bloody tip if it’s mandatory!!!

Once again, one huge complaint I hear in other countries is how rude waitresses are, and Americans claim it’s because they aren’t tipped. Instead of getting tipped they earn a wage like everyone else, and do their job and if they do it bad enough they’ll get fired. But apparently not pestering you every minute and not smiling like you are in a Ms. World competition means you are “rude”.

I think the basic concept of tipping is nice – but all explanations I’ve heard about it as a must-do make no sense when you really talk it out. You can paint waitresses/waiters as hard workers who earn those tips, and need a chance for a higher wage than if they got minimum wage… but what about teachers and nurses? Why not tip them? Why not tip everyone who you interact with in some way – bus drivers, or leave money on your trash can for the garbage man? It’s inconsistent, and waiters, hairdressers and taximen should just charge us what needs to be charged."

:clap:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little?

LOL

It comes with the territory. Standing Radar watch 'by myself' for years where my job was to get the system fixed and back online as fast as possible without killing myself on 5,000, 12,000, 25,000, or 117,000 volts.

It's entirely on me and I learned not to depend on other folks regarding simple tasks like making a bed.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

It comes with the territory. Standing Radar watch 'by myself' for years where my job was to get the system fixed and back online as fast as possible without killing myself on 5,000, 12,000, 25,000, or 117,000 volts.

It's entirely on me and I learned not to depend on other folks regarding simple tasks like making a bed.

You know who else stood "Radar" by himself for years?

3818891096964f23b72357ecaf2b8b25.jpg

...Except he did it in a shack in Montana

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Debate topic Nubber 1

Do you tip if you call ahead of time and order take out?

My vote No.

At what point does this tipping bullshit end? Do you also walk in and tip the kid running the pizza oven? The dishwasher? Leave a tip for the girl opening the store in the morning? Tip the guy holding the door for you on the way out?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I try to, but if I don't have anything smaller than a $20 on me...well sorry lady. I need that for beer

I usually do that because I feel bad for how hard she works. Will always give extra, which I consider to be $5, if she's older. Younger? $3

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point does this tipping bullshit end? Do you also walk in and tip the kid running the pizza oven? The dishwasher? Leave a tip for the girl opening the store in the morning? Tip the guy holding the door for you on the way out?

I was flying out of D.C. recently and I was checking my bag at the kiosk outside and after the guy handed me my boarding pass he just stood there looking at me with my bag still sitting there on the scale. I was like ummm....he didn't budge and just left my bag there, until finally I handed him a few bucks and he then proceeded to take my bag. First time and last time I will ever tip for that. That's your job dude. You get PAID a wage to check luggage.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was flying out of D.C. recently and I was checking my bag at the kiosk outside and after the guy handed me my boarding pass he just stood there looking at me with my bag still sitting there on the scale. I was like ummm....he didn't budge and just left my bag there, until finally I handed him a few bucks and he then proceeded to take my bag. First time and last time I will ever tip for that. That's your job dude. You get PAID a wage to check luggage.

Those clowns probably clear (tax-free) $75/hr. It pisses me off but I don't want my shit getting "lost" so I tip 'em with a smile. :mad2:

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

those waiters make about 2 bucks an hour without tips..

so i suppose when they start making more than that

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those waiters make about 2 bucks an hour without tips..

so i suppose when they start making more than that

But we're talking about picking up pizza at a pizza joint.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If she's got big titties and a thong hanging out I do