• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

YESSSSSS! BRETT LEBDA IS GONE!

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I think it's important to post an Avatar pic that is your true self.
honestly, I liked you better as a hockey puck.

felt we had something in common. now I'm just scared.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehhhh...i don't see that working out well for them. the what, lebda DP combo just doesn't seem very fluid.

Hey lady, you asked.

Besides, the What-Lebda combo sure beats Edgar Facking Renteria and you name the fooking first basemen. :D

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pirates fan=no pity. hahahah

1000!!!!!!!!!!

How do you kids say it? I think I just got pwned.....although I do like Garrett Jones and we did take your 2nd basemen last year ;-)

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you kids say it? I think I just got pwned.....although I do like Garrett Jones and we did take your 2nd basemen last year ;-)

hahahha, i actually really like a lot of our lineup...just the lack of pitching that kills us. and you can have freddy...never really was in the plans. and he's hurt a lot. buccos fans complain about the trades and all...but recently they've been for the good.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the fastest guys in the league, but very small and not the brightest with the puck. He will bring you out of your seat at least 4 times a year with an Orresque end to end rush though. Unfortunately he will have you burying your face in your hands four times a game as well.

Detroit's a tough place to be buried, I think a lot of guys have confidence issues when trying to break into the lineup. If you only get third pairing ice time and know you're one bad shift away from being sat for Andreas Lilja, you tend to grip your stick a little tighter. Quincey had some success on the Kings, Leino had some success on the Flyers, hopefully Lebda will break out on the Leafs. Then again, don't they have like fifty defensemen under contract? When the hell does Burke want with a small, weak, mild mannered defenseman? Aside from someone who rips off some of the most epic blue streaks on live television after winning the Cup..... if that's the case, I hope Burke signed him to a 70 year deal.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahahha, i actually really like a lot of our lineup...just the lack of pitching that kills us. and you can have freddy...never really was in the plans. and he's hurt a lot. buccos fans complain about the trades and all...but recently they've been for the good.

McCutchen is a stud. I'd love to have that guy patrolling Centerfield in YourPhoneCompanyHere Park.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also what the hell is going on in here?

man-the-harpoons.jpg

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCutchen is a stud. I'd love to have that guy patrolling Centerfield in YourPhoneCompanyHere Park.

i was real sad when he didn't make the all star game...meek deserves it though...still, cutch is such a player. our outfield is pretty good with tabata finally up. tabata, alvarez, walker are all going to be BIG, i can just tell. i just hope they're all big with the buccos.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Theres a constant cycle in Detroit, and there is no room for 3rd line D pairing to be a fixture. Those spots should reserved for finding the next number 1 or 2 D-man. Lebda is a pretty decent fit here a lot of times, i will admit. But it ain't about him. He had his chance to prove he was bigger, but he hit a plateau. Big E needs all the ice time he can get and It's time for Kindl and Janik to show us what they've got.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From this thread alone, I've given out too much reputation in the last 24 hours, and I still owe one to Eddie Shack

Anyway good to see we can hijack a thread in such a short period of time

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Okay, maybe this one is better.

Anyways, not a bad contract really. I would take a chance like that on a guy who was, as they say, "buried" in Detroit.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to Lebda, the Red Wings wanted to retain his services, but he liked the "fit' in Toronto and "where the Leafs are going." He claimed that "everyone in Toronto and the hockey world sees what the Leafs are trying to do," and he thought he could help out and be a big part of it--all while getting out of the shadows of a few players he's played behind in Detroit but learned from, and make his own path.

Just out of curiosity Brett, what exactly ARE the Leafs trying to do? Stockpile second pairing defensemen until there are none left and the rest of the league is brought to their knees?