• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yellowjackets

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d start a forest fire then head to the lake or another cleared out area. Problem solved.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how they'll explain how months have gone by and not even a plane has flown overhead or nary a search party.

I'm guessing it has something to do with the rocks and maybe some magnetization mumbo jumbo that prevents them from scanning the area and tracing the black box from the plane.

Also, wouldn't you follow the river?
The black box was explained away. Misty destroyed it after hearing some of the other girls say how important Misty is to their survival.

But never seeing a plane is a bit questionable. I assume there will be some kind of explanation in a future season that they were off course for some reason.

If they were from New Jersey, where were they flying for the national championships that they had to fly so deep into Canada? Were the national championships being held in Juneau?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The black box was explained away. Misty destroyed it after hearing some of the other girls say how important Misty is to their survival.

But never seeing a plane is a bit questionable. I assume there will be some kind of explanation in a future season that they were off course for some reason.

If they were from New Jersey, where were they flying for the national championships that they had to fly so deep into Canada? Were the national championships being held in Juneau?
I don't know how black boxes work, but wouldn't there be a measurement of where the last signal was before it was lost? It's funny, but technology was so different in the 90s. I started wondering how come none of the girls were on their phones immediately after the crash......

I would have to guess Seattle and maybe they were stopping in Canada for fuel? Calgary? Edmonton???
I guess they crashed somewhere in the Rockies?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how black boxes work, but wouldn't there be a measurement of where the last signal was before it was lost? It's funny, but technology was so different in the 90s. I started wondering how come none of the girls were on their phones immediately after the crash......

I would have to guess Seattle and maybe they were stopping in Canada for fuel? Calgary? Edmonton???
I guess they crashed somewhere in the Rockies?
The early phones were really just phones. And they weren’t a real thing until maybe ‘01? ‘02?

As for the black box, I think it is/was more of a beacon than anything else. It doesn’t/didn’t have constant satellite connection. Once it was turned off, it was turned off.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As they boarded the plane the pilot said their flight to Seattle was diverted north to avoid a major storm. Maybe late episode 1 or episode 2?

I don't disagree, you'd figure almost anywhere in North America would have some kind of air traffic. But even along the US-Canadian border there is nothing in the Canadian Rockies....veer more north and it really is no man's land.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As they boarded the plane the pilot said their flight to Seattle was diverted north to avoid a major storm. Maybe late episode 1 or episode 2?
ah. I missed that.

You would still think that flight plan change would have been communicated to some tower, somewhere. I have no idea how that works irl, though. But we don’t know how they get rescued yet, so there may be some explanation there. Especially if they already have the entire show mapped out.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah. I missed that.

You would still think that flight plan change would have been communicated to some tower, somewhere. I have no idea how that works irl, though. But we don’t know how they get rescued yet, so there may be some explanation there. Especially if they already have the entire show mapped out.
I agree...I'd figure anywhere on this continent plane crash survivors could be rescued before 19 months but oh well. :) TV show..

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of yall questioning the flight information seem to have forgotten that the crash took place in like the mid 90s. Not post 9/11 TSA.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trailer 1:

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44