• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WWE SummerSlam

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's "we got some talented people but we don't know what to do with them and we can't have everyone at the top". It's a vehicle for demonstrating abilities against other non-top tier talent. I'm ok with it but they need more mic time.
I get that, but the writers need to make them actually have a goal.

Edge had a goal and they tied them all together...but then they turned on Edge before they could accomplish anything...so why did they turn on Edge? What did they gain by turning on him so quickly?

just tell a better story

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that, but the writers need to make them actually have a goal.

Edge had a goal and they tied them all together...but then they turned on Edge before they could accomplish anything...so why did they turn on Edge? What did they gain by turning on him so quickly?

just tell a better story
Dave Meltzer commented on that. Not fussed if true or not. It's a vehicle for the group members. There is no story to tell.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave Meltzer commented on that. Not fussed if true or not. It's a vehicle for the group members. There is no story to tell.
I think AEW does a much better job of pulling groups together

"because we have nothing else to do with them" is not a good reason, IMO.

same with Ciampa and Miz working together...like give me a better story there, not just Ciampa started showing up and helping Miz, and now here we are

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrestling groups don't mean anything. Putting a load of people in wrestling groups means a load of wrestlers don't mean anything. Personally I don't think any wrestling organisation does it well.

Important AEW singles match (involving groups)

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fine for you to really like SummerSlam. From my perspective every match had the expected winner, (I can't think of another card where every betting favourite won), and they got to those outcomes in some fairly unsatisfying ways. The Mysterios won by outside interference, Reigns won by outside interference, Rousey lost by pinning herself, and Theory's character walked out of the match so why would anyone care if he lost since he didn't. The tag match was ok but those teams have been at it for ages and this was 1 of their weaker matches. The 2 celebrity matches were decent but the WWE weren't going to make the celebrities look bad. To me the show was flat. I don't watch that many shows so my comparisons are limited. I can't even be bothered to watch the last 3 Wrestlemanias.
The worst you could say is Theory had a bad night. You listed all of the matches and somehow the losers all were just as strong as they were walking in. The only “disappointing” thing a casual fan could say was that Ford didn’t turn heel. Summerslam was a perfect show for the casual fan, which AEW desperately needs, and WWE needs to not become LIV golf.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrestling groups don't mean anything. Putting a load of people in wrestling groups means a load of wrestlers don't mean anything. Personally I don't think any wrestling organisation does it well.

Important AEW singles match (involving groups)

They used to

The rock became the rock in the nation of domination

Hollywood hogan….

Even evolution

But yeah, factions don’t work as well anymore for whatever reason

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn’t.

No great matches at all.

Pretty flat show in general

Logan Paul might’ve been the high point
You don’t have to have “great matches” to be a great show because great is massively subjective. You can disagree with my statement but IMO it is the best WWE event in a long time and held a casual viewer better than any AEW PPV since the original dynamite.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t have to have “great matches” to be a great show because great is massively subjective. You can disagree with my statement but IMO it is the best WWE event in a long time and held a casual viewer better than any AEW PPV since the original dynamite.

I think wm 36 would be considered one of the best manias of all time if it had fans

Just a stacked card with a little bit of everything

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think wm 36 would be considered one of the best manias of all time if it had fans

Just a stacked card with a little bit of everything
I guess. I would put this one way ahead of it. In no way should Logan Paul be able to get over to wrestling fans as much as he did. I know you hate Becky but her match was great even with a separated shoulder. And the Brock and Roman match was the best part of the attitude era. Pat’s match was great and USO’s /Street Profit match was eh, just every casual fan is begging for Ford to turn