• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WTF?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please someone explain to me what just took place?

You wait until the end of the 3rd quarter to finally make adjustments?
Oh yeah lets not forget about getting Bryant the ball unit then either. ( Nothing like hearing Herbie boy talk about that)

I'm seriously on the edge right now as to what he is trying to build here!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please someone explain to me what just took place?

You wait until the end of the 3rd quarter to finally make adjustments?
Oh yeah lets not forget about getting Bryant the ball unit then either. ( Nothing like hearing Herbie boy talk about that)

I'm seriously on the edge right now as to what he is trying to build here!
The play calling/clock mgmt at the end of the first half that basically gift wrapped that last TD of the period was a real :wtf: as well.

They out rushed the buckeyes AND out passed them, but couldn't convert TD's (no shock) and were not adjusting as the game went on. You aren't going to beat top level talent with that sort of effort.

Out with Browning, in with Eason. Not sure if they can entirely replace Gaskin, but that passing game has to improve.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play calling/clock mgmt at the end of the first half that basically gift wrapped that last TD of the period was a real :wtf: as well.

They out rushed the buckeyes AND out passed them, but couldn't convert TD's (no shock) and were not adjusting as the game went on. You aren't going to beat top level talent with that sort of effort.

Out with Browning, in with Eason. Not sure if they can entirely replace Gaskin, but that passing game has to improve.

Yeah the drops, I mean Jake had some stupid throws, but he didn't turn the ball over. Jones, Sample, Fuller (twice) that one handed snag by Brant, ( holy shit that was impressive)

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm at the point : okay we didn't want just 7 wins out of Sark, but now we get 10 wins and get appearances in the big name Bowls, but they don't win them.

I guess it's either are we content with 10 wins and bowl lose, or they actually going to take the next step and turn this into a blue chip program?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the drops, I mean Jake had some stupid throws, but he didn't turn the ball over. Jones, Sample, Fuller (twice) that one handed snag by Brant, ( holy shit that was impressive)
Browning isn't the worst QB the school has had, not by a long shot. I'd take him over Price even if neither of them were clutch in big games. Browning would have looked a lot better had they recruited better at receiver and had options when Ross and Pettis left, but he was ALWAYS good for 2-3 really bone headed plays a game, and then had 5-6 insane escapes/creative plays to keep things alive. The thing that stands out the most in this game was no throwing TD's, but his line wasn't doing him any favors and he's never been clutch in broken pockets.

They have 5 guys in that QB room come spring. I have no doubt they will upgrade at that position. None.

Now can they call plays well enough to showcase that new arm? Jury is out.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Oline was terrible, Trey Adams was abused, ( against guys that he would be going against in the NFL)
Nick Harris is getting to fat and can't recover on a bull rush and none of them keep their heads on a swivel to pick up a delay blitz!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm at the point : okay we didn't want just 7 wins out of Sark, but now we get 10 wins and get appearances in the big name Bowls, but they don't win them.

I guess it's either are we content with 10 wins and bowl lose, or they actually going to take the next step and turn this into a blue chip program?
No fan should ever settle. We aren't going to talk about getting rid of Petersen. They need to grow a lot at OC/play calling, they need answers at kicking, and they need to keep going after bigger/stronger/faster kids.

I remember vividly the rise under Don James. It was anything but instant. They had that year they were kind of robbed in '84, but they fell short every other year in the 80's never completing the undefeated season we kept waiting for. It took adding on more wins/more impressive wins, leading to a little better recruiting, leading to adding on more wins/more impressive wins. It's a cycle.

Petersen needs to leave the G5 mentality entirely behind and get a bit more cutthroat in recruiting and stop this nonsense about not contacting kids once they've verballed. He needs to fight in that arena and get those last couple of extra recruits each year. They make a difference.

It's a process and I like where they are, but hell no this can't be the ceiling.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the coaching : Jimmy Lake can kiss my ass!

No more worrying about our speed matching up against an opposing teams speed, Bama was 3 years ago, you have speed, you have no pass rush, blitz, you get burned so what. Better knocking that starting QB off his spot and making him throw then letting him stand there and pick your damn zone apart!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the coaching : Jimmy Lake can kiss my ass!

No more worrying about our speed matching up against an opposing teams speed, Bama was 3 years ago, you have speed, you have no pass rush, blitz, you get burned so what. Better knocking that starting QB off his spot and making him throw then letting him stand there and pick your damn zone apart!
I mean they only had less points against PSU (27) and MSU (26) out of the entire season.

Rapp not playing kind of killed them and yet they did do some good things on D. It was their offense and playcalling/clock mgmt/ offensive execution that lost that game IMO. It's at least 90% on the O.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No fan should ever settle. We aren't going to talk about getting rid of Petersen. They need to grow a lot at OC/play calling, they need answers at kicking, and they need to keep going after bigger/stronger/faster kids.

I remember vividly the rise under Don James. It was anything but instant. They had that year they were kind of robbed in '84, but they fell short every other year in the 80's never completing the undefeated season we kept waiting for. It took adding on more wins/more impressive wins, leading to a little better recruiting, leading to adding on more wins/more impressive wins. It's a cycle.

That "better recruiting" was James and Lambright realizing they need to get into Central LA and get speed.
Sure this staff recruits well in Cali, but let's face it there taken "OKG" kids, maybe just maybe if they stop that mentality and take a kid that gets pissed off when he drops a ball, or misses a tackle he actually shows emotion. Gets pissed off, plays with urgency !

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slow starts in the big games have become the disturbing pattern. Bama, Penn St., Ohio St., it's been the same story. We slow start on offense which gives the other team too many opportunities to run up the score. And they ofcourse do.

The opponent builds up a big lead, we make adjustments in the second half, but it's too late.
Rinse, lather, repeat.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now that Rapp is declaring add another piece this team has to replace.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s the end of year 5 of a rebuild two PAC12 titles 3 straight years of NY6 bowl games I’ve rewatched the game and man talk about the tale of two half’s , as pissed as I was about play calling and player performances last night I believe this will be a huge learning moment for this staff and the kids still in the program.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s the end of year 5 of a rebuild two PAC12 titles 3 straight years of NY6 bowl games I’ve rewatched the game and man talk about the tale of two half’s , as pissed as I was about play calling and player performances last night I believe this will be a huge learning moment for this staff and the kids still in the program.
So what was the prior two big bowls then?

We are past moral victories and learning experiences.

They have not really ran an offense worthy of a playoff run since Petersen got here. They were close with Ross and Pettis. That was talent overcoming bad play calling.

He talked about the problems with the offense last year, and after Auburn, and after the ducks, and after Cal....

Im tired of talking about it.

Fix it.

Now.

Before next year.

Just fix it.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what was the prior two big bowls then?

We are past moral victories and learning experiences.

They have not really ran an offense worthy of a playoff run since Petersen got here. They were close with Ross and Pettis. That was talent overcoming bad play calling.

He talked about the problems with the offense last year, and after Auburn, and after the ducks, and after Cal....

Im tired of talking about it.

Fix it.

Now.

Before next year.

Just fix it.

He ain't going to move Bush, he's loyal to his coaches.
We saw that with Smith. I believe the play book does change a little more next year if Spiker is the real field stretcher. Eason/Yankoff have stronger arms, again it all comes down to having the speed guy on the outside.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He ain't going to move Bush, he's loyal to his coaches.
We saw that with Smith. I believe the play book does change a little more next year if Spiker is the real field stretcher. Eason/Yankoff have stronger arms, again it all comes down to having the speed guy on the outside.
That's all true and improves things by default. But still doesn't address the slow adapting to game changes and game planning. They must improve a lot. And fast.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you saw in the 4th Q was what the OC should have been calling all along. The staff needs to stop playing scared and trying to feel them out. Just go out there and take it to them. I give Bama a L but the PSU/OSU were winnable games. Perdue gave the blue print on how to attack OSU but I guess coaching staff didn't learn from that. Frustrating evening.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are looking to be sober here, you didn't REALLY see the offense suddenly adjust and grow a pair entirely. OSU didn't play as sharp as they did in the first half and there were parts of that ending where they played a soft zone prevent that bit them. They played not to give up the home run plays and let UW move down the field easier.

No, I'm not saying they didn't have some role in that, but the OC/Petersen weren't nearly as sharp as those late game stats would have you believe. It was a bit of fools gold.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you saw in the 4th Q was what the OC should have been calling all along. The staff needs to stop playing scared and trying to feel them out. Just go out there and take it to them. I give Bama a L but the PSU/OSU were winnable games. Perdue gave the blue print on how to attack OSU but I guess coaching staff didn't learn from that. Frustrating evening.

What Wiz said above, I've re watched it a few times now, and they did drop a safety down in the box a lot more in the 4th quarter, ( maybe to take away the receiver screen :scratch: makes sense since Meyer was losing his shit over)

I can see tOSU adjusting cause they finally started to hit Bryant. Bottom line Dawgs really had a chance there, 9 minute mark in the 4th Sample dropped a 1st down ball that could've given them that more time for scoring...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Wiz said above, I've re watched it a few times now, and they did drop a safety down in the box a lot more in the 4th quarter, ( maybe to take away the receiver screen :scratch: makes sense since Meyer was losing his shit over)

I can see tOSU adjusting cause they finally started to hit Bryant. Bottom line Dawgs really had a chance there, 9 minute mark in the 4th Sample dropped a 1st down ball that could've given them that more time for scoring...

You have a solid point but this team has started slow almost every damn game. This would be the game to forget the past and just have the offense go balls to the wall and keep the OSU D on their toes. Sucks they were to far down to recover.