• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WTF is wrong with the NFL?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the NFL put any of our teams in this situation?
I would have told Brazil to pound sand when they said you couldnt wear green.
Dont play there. Simple as that.
but then
Speaking on “The Green Light with Chris Long”, Jacobs told the former NFL star pass-rusher that the league told the two teams they can’t wear the color green because of gang-related reasons.
Not only that, but significant security precautions are in place to ensure the safety of both teams, Josh Jacobs stated:

“You know, they said that the part of Brazil we go into, you can’t even wear green at…They say like, I guess, something to do with the gangs and stuff…They probably gonna have, like, armored vehicles following us.”
Why even deal with this. If a country isnt ready for NFL to be there. Dont be there.
Places like Germany & other Countries at least love the fact the NFL is going there.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every season I pray Seattle doesn't have one of those stupid ass out of Country games. Not to mention Seattle is routinely one of the teams in the NFL that already has to travel the most (gotten a little better with St. Louis moving to LA)... and then have to travel even further with a bigger time zone change to Europe... Seattle should be barred from ever having to travel to Europe.

Whatever, F the NFL and this nonsense.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this a story now?

On 1 hand it's a poor city in a poor country with some really bad areas in that you shouldn't go into without a military convoy. On the other hand it's a sports mad city that has hosted F1 annually for the best part of 50 years. Some of those F1 teams wore green. The 2014 World Cup had multiple games in Sao Paulo. Some of those teams probably wore green. The 2016 Olympics had some events that were held in Sao Paulo. The city has teams in domestic soccer leagues and some of the visiting teams wear green. An NFL game there is a huge deal but it's not the biggest thing that ever happened. Anyone going there needs to do their research. Be careful, stay safe.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this a story now?

On 1 hand it's a poor city in a poor country with some really bad areas in that you shouldn't go into without a military convoy. On the other hand it's a sports mad city that has hosted F1 annually for the best part of 50 years. Some of those F1 teams wore green. The 2014 World Cup had multiple games in Sao Paulo. Some of those teams probably wore green. The 2016 Olympics had some events that were held in Sao Paulo. The city has teams in domestic soccer leagues and some of the visiting teams wear green. An NFL game there is a huge deal but it's not the biggest thing that ever happened. Anyone going there needs to do their research. Be careful, stay safe.

What is funny is that I bet the NFL sends out alerts like this for a lot of different locations inside the US too.

I bet 5 years ago they would pass info out that Chiefs fans shouldnt wear their jerseys outside of Oakland Coliseum.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the NFL put any of our teams in this situation?
I would have told Brazil to pound sand when they said you couldnt wear green.
Dont play there. Simple as that.
but then
Speaking on “The Green Light with Chris Long”, Jacobs told the former NFL star pass-rusher that the league told the two teams they can’t wear the color green because of gang-related reasons.
Not only that, but significant security precautions are in place to ensure the safety of both teams, Josh Jacobs stated:

Why even deal with this. If a country isnt ready for NFL to be there. Dont be there.
Places like Germany & other Countries at least love the fact the NFL is going there.
they love the money more than the players safety obviously.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dislike the international games overall, don’t like teams losing home games - only thing I like is that they are usually on at a different time than all of the other games so I can just focus on it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have told Brazil to pound sand when they said you couldn't wear green.
It's actually quite simple why they don't want anyone wearing green. Try looking at their flag.

They don't want their stupid people thinking that any team wearing green is the new national football team of Brazil. Neither does the NFL.

If the Seahawks went don there wearing their all b right green radical uniforms, it would just about match the Brazilian flag.

It's stupid to be playing games anywhere but the U.S.A., including England and Germany

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this a story now?

I would guess story probably being overblown some.. not a soccer game and their rival is not playing in game.

That said... the "clasicos" and the fanaticism of the rival fan bases in the same city is unlike anything I experienced in the States. Newells v Central is the big one in city where I live... not uncommon for someone to be murdered after the game for simply wearing the "wrong colors". Colors are painted all around the city (buildings, telephone poles, dumpsters...) by the barra brava (mafia) that support each club... so you know which team is supported in that area. In my neigborhood it is all red and black... travel 20 blocks to the north all blue and yellow.... colors are very important to the barra brava.

Checked 2014 World Cup... no teams with green. Bolivia is only South American team with green uniform for national team... I would have to guess they have played there in the past.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's stupid to be playing games anywhere but the U.S.A., including England and Germany

I'm ok with them playing games in other countries to promote the brand. Just don't want any teams from other countries. Keep that shit American.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 1st hand experience with the color issue at the Corinthians stadium. Never felt like our safety was a concern, but a friend definitely got called out by a large number all across the stadium for wearing a plain green shirt. It wasn't a packed stadium and we were pretty far from most heckling, but he stood up and took his shirt off and the crowd roared like someone had just scored.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's actually quite simple why they don't want anyone wearing green. Try looking at their flag.

They don't want their stupid people thinking that any team wearing green is the new national football team of Brazil. Neither does the NFL.

Assume this is sarcasm... Brazil selection teams always emphasizes the yellow and blue from flag with uniform (except goalie). No one in Brazil will mistake Eagles or Packers jerseys for their national team.

1718063148911.png

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brazilians love their sports. NFL is global like anything else these days. But, the fields are different. They canceled a game in Mexico City because the turf was all chewed up, Shakira concert on the field, during late rainy season, one month before an NFL game is to be played. Needless to say, the field was beyond repair.