• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WTF Is Wrong With The Knicks

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually disappointed - At this point I would rather see the Lakers go for the best first round draft pick possible - but these guys on the floor are all playing for contracts for next year and they want to win. I agree though that the game was a fluke as someone said - It is important to have some good three point shooters, but it shouldn't be a way of living

When being run correctly, that is exactly how D'Antoni's offense is supposed to look.

Obviously 51 point quarters and hitting 18 three's isn't ever going to be the norm for any offense, but when the ball is being moved like it's supposed to, it leads to a lot of open shots.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When being run correctly, that is exactly how D'Antoni's offense is supposed to look.

Obviously 51 point quarters and hitting 18 three's isn't ever going to be the norm for any offense, but when the ball is being moved like it's supposed to, it leads to a lot of open shots.

It is a shame that Jim Buss did not swallow his pride and hire Phil Jackson instead of Dumbtoni -

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the free agents playing for the Lakers now which ones are the real deal? Free of Gasol's and Nash's slowness is this team as constituted able to run the coaches methods?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped watching before the 3rd quarter. The Knicks looked like someone told them everyone was getting traded tomorrow. it was a concerted effort. Even Melo tanked last night and he at least tries to play hard most of the time I watch them.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the free agents playing for the Lakers now which ones are the real deal? Free of Gasol's and Nash's slowness is this team as constituted able to run the coaches methods?

Even with Gasol and Nash they can run D'Antoni's offense. They just can't run it the pace the Suns used to.

With the current roster and Gasol in the lineup, they've actually been able to use a little change of pace. When Gasol or Kaman are in, the offense runs a little slower and goes into the post a little more. When the bench guys who are all young and athletic come in, they speed it up and it looks more like what his Suns teams used to do.

As for real deal guys. The ones I'd definitely like to see kept are: Gasol (if he can be brought back at a discount), Young, Farmar, Xavier Henry, Ryan Kelly, Kent Bazemore, Meeks and Jordan Hill. I doubt the Lakers keep all of these guys, but I'd like to see as many of them kept as possible.

I'm on the fence about Wes Johnson, Kendall Marshall and Marshon Brooks. All 3 have had their moments, but have also showed some serious holes in their games that have been problematic at times.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a moment there Kendall Marshall was looking like your Laker PG for the next couple of years. What happened to him? Swaggy P should be traded somewhere like Minnesota or New York. You cant be serious about keeping him are you? He is the second coming of JR Smith.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Trojan for update. I still cant imagine 51 pts in a quarter.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a moment there Kendall Marshall was looking like your Laker PG for the next couple of years. What happened to him? Swaggy P should be traded somewhere like Minnesota or New York. You cant be serious about keeping him are you? He is the second coming of JR Smith.

Kendall Marshall is a solid backup PG who has been forced into starters minutes due to the injuries. He has very good court vision and is a very good passer. He's also slow for a PG and isn't the quickest guy off the dribble. Playing starters minutes allowed other teams starting PG's to figure that out and take advantage.

I wouldn't mind the Lakers keeping him as backup PG, but not as a starter. Swaggy P is fine. He just needs a vet to "calm him down" some. He's fun too watch, loves being a Laker and could be a very good 6th man.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Trojan for update. I still cant imagine 51 pts in a quarter.

What was really amazing was that THIS team pulled it off. With the great teams the Lakers have had over the years, to see this team do that was just crazy.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knicks are flat out garbage.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has become so bored with bashing his current teammates he reopens the Shaq discussions, dude has an addiction to drama.

He said Shaq was lazy. I'm sure even Shaq would admit such. You are trying way too hard.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kendall Marshall is a solid backup PG who has been forced into starters minutes due to the injuries. He has very good court vision and is a very good passer. He's also slow for a PG and isn't the quickest guy off the dribble. Playing starters minutes allowed other teams starting PG's to figure that out and take advantage.

I wouldn't mind the Lakers keeping him as backup PG, but not as a starter. Swaggy P is fine. He just needs a vet to "calm him down" some. He's fun too watch, loves being a Laker and could be a very good 6th man.

Never really picked up on Marshall being slow but you are right. Swaggy P is definitely fun to watch just like JR but he seems to be too much of a knucklehead for the Lakers.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never really picked up on Marshall being slow but you are right. Swaggy P is definitely fun to watch just like JR but he seems to be too much of a knucklehead for the Lakers.

He can be a knucklehead, but it's more good natured fun and trash talk than anything else. He's not a locker room cancer like some guys. He's just a high energy guy who loves to have fun and loves to talk smack. Kobe has been working with him a bit on taking things a little more seriously.

It seems unusual, because the Lakers have never really had a guy like him. Out here there is a "Lakeshow" program that comes on after the games. They always go into the locker room after home games and Swaggy P is always messing with his teammates during their interviews (and they do the same to him), it's pretty funny to watch.

One thing that I'll say about him too, even with as miserable as this season has been, the Lakers seem to have pretty good chemistry and they all seem to get along well. Swaggy P has a lot to do with that.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's slow as molasses and can't defend. He looks better than he is due to the offensive system. He's barely a backup PG in this league.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's slow as molasses and can't defend. He looks better than he is due to the offensive system. He's barely a backup PG in this league.

He was a decent pick up in the fantasy league late in the season after injuries, but it is doubtful that he will have value in the fantasy league next season until you see where he lands and who he is going to play for.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope not just you. Terrible has also become "turrible" as well!!:lol:

Fortunately with Time Warner I am no longer at the mercy of those idiots Shaq and Charles:lol: With Time Warner - I get to listen to Robert Horry sometimes, James Worthy, Dave Miller, sometimes Luke Walton and other far more intelligent analysts who don't talk out of their rear ends