• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you take this trade?

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trading Adrian Peterson and Stevie Johnson I get Marshawn Lynch and Julio Jones. I'm kind of expecting him to decline and reoffer for White but I think Nelson is as high as I'll go on the kicker if I have to. It's a 12 team league and it's standard scoring (not a PPR) btw.

My team as it stands:

QB: Andrew Luck
RB: *Adrian Peterson
RB: Chris Johnson
WR/RB: Le'Veon Bell
WR: Roddy White
WR: Jordy Nelson
TE: Tony Gonzalez
D/ST: San Fran
K: David Akers

WR: Alshon Jeffry
WR: Justin Blackmon
WR: *Stevie Johnson
RB: Knile Davis
TE: Tyler Eifert

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would need an idea of the other team's roster before giving a reasonable answer as to whether or not he might accept it.
At face value, it seems like a balanced enough trade.. although I'd rather be on the AP side myself.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would need an idea of the other team's roster before giving a reasonable answer as to whether or not he might accept it.
At face value, it seems like a balanced enough trade.. although I'd rather be on the AP side myself.

His team is:

QB: Tom Brady
RB: *Marshawn Lynch
RB: Reggie Bush
WR/RB: Anquan Boldin
WR: *Julio Jones
WR: Danny Amendola
TE:Jared Cook
D/ST: Broncos
K: Justin Tucker

RB: Giovani Bernard
RB: Robert Turbin
WR: Pierre Garcon
WR: Kenny Stills
QB: Eli Manning

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering what's going on with the Bills, Stevie might never be worth a start. I'd definitely want to be on the Lynch/Julio end of that deal. AP/Jordy for Lynch/Julio might get it done, though.

But who are you going to start at the flex for the first four weeks with Blackmon suspended and Le'Veon out, if Stevie has to roll with Tuell at QB?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the guy will have to be a big AP fan to take the deal. Replacing Julio with Johnson leaves a huge whole in his weekly lineup, one that the step up from Lynch to AP won't make up for. Not real convinced that Roddy or Nelson would get it done, but it'd be closer. I probably would decline if I was this team owner

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering what's going on with the Bills, Stevie might never be worth a start. I'd definitely want to be on the Lynch/Julio end of that deal. AP/Jordy for Lynch/Julio might get it done, though.

But who are you going to start at the flex for the first four weeks with Blackmon suspended and Le'Veon out, if Stevie has to roll with Tuell at QB?

I'd heavily weight the Jeffry/Johnson proposition. Unless Charles gets injured I don't have much of a choice in that respect.

You kind of hit the nail on the head on that response. Stevie will probably put up respectable numbers for a flex but I think in the long-run Lynch/Julio will net me the most points from starters especially if Bell gets healthy and earns a spot at the flex later. I can hedge my bet on top 2 tier receivers to cover for Bell's absence if he sees some time on the sidelines. Having 3 good choices at RB and 3 good choices at WR seems like the better roster overall.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you could get more for AP.

Either ask for Bernard as a throw in or get Bush. Bush in a PPR will do better than Lynch. The defenses out west are tough on backs.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the guy will have to be a big AP fan to take the deal. Replacing Julio with Johnson leaves a huge whole in his weekly lineup, one that the step up from Lynch to AP won't make up for. Not real convinced that Roddy or Nelson would get it done, but it'd be closer. I probably would decline if I was this team owner

He does live in the twin cities and is from Minnesota so I think that helps. I hear you, but I want to see how much of a premium AP is and I'm kind of thinking he may have been overworked last season.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does live in the twin cities and is from Minnesota so I think that helps. I hear you, but I want to see how much of a premium AP is and I'm kind of thinking he may have been overworked last season.

surely...nothing hurt from starting low..maybe it works! Definitely not an insulting offer by any means.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you could get more for AP.

Either ask for Bernard as a throw in or get Bush. Bush in a PPR will do better than Lynch. The defenses out west are tough on backs.

I think taking both of his top backs is getting a bit greedy in the "arbitration" on that one. I was debating on offering the same deal for Steven Jackson and Calvin Johnson to another team but in that deal I'm willing to go as high as White to get that done for the WR to boot.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big year for Julio Jones 1300 yards and 7 TDs. I still think Steve Johnson gets 1000 yards and 5 TDs. A difference but the difference between AP and Lynch could be 500-600 yards rushing, 100 yards receiving and a few TDs.

The Bills will be throwing a lot in my estimate so thats why I think Johnson still gets his yards.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big year for Julio Jones 1300 yards and 7 TDs. I still think Steve Johnson gets 1000 yards and 5 TDs. A difference but the difference between AP and Lynch could be 500-600 yards rushing, 100 yards receiving and a few TDs.

The Bills will be throwing a lot in my estimate so thats why I think Johnson still gets his yards.

Julio's ceiling is far higher than that and Johnson's floor is far lower. Doug Marrone loves to run and the Bills have one of the worst QB situations in the NFL. Johnson is closer to my do not draft list than he is my list of value WR picks.

I would absolutely do AP and Johnson for Lynch and Julio from your side. I would not deal AP and Nelson for the same package. I think AP is really that much better than Lynch, who could see fewer touches this season since his back-up looks like the real deal.