• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you make a trade?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the early returns on the trade deadline are proving to be solidly in Hextall's favor. Even if Filppula himself hasn't exactly been the second coming of Gretzky, his presence has clearly helped to take some of the pressure off of the other lines. There's a reason Hextall is the GM and we're just message board GM wannabes.
Look at Couts now he played phenomenal he's better down the line up playing his role and dominating. Balanced attack seems to work better for these guys. Just keep winning and all will be well!

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at Couts now he played phenomenal he's better down the line up playing his role and dominating. Balanced attack seems to work better for these guys. Just keep winning and all will be well!
Couts has played third line center for years and never has done anything so its not the trade that has resurrected him. Hope this is not true but we have seen him play great for a three week stretch and then go back to gliding around. Im hoping he finally realizes that if he moves his feet and plays tougher like he has been for the last couple games that he can be a lot better than he has been in the past.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couts has played third line center for years and never has done anything so its not the trade that has resurrected him. Hope this is not true but we have seen him play great for a three week stretch and then go back to gliding around. Im hoping he finally realizes that if he moves his feet and plays tougher like he has been for the last couple games that he can be a lot better than he has been in the past.

I still say we will regret it if we trade this kid away. He turned 24 not long ago, so yes, I can call him a kid. If he's not second line material, so be it. He can be the perfect third line center for this team in the long run.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still say we will regret it if we trade this kid away. He turned 24 not long ago, so yes, I can call him a kid. If he's not second line material, so be it. He can be the perfect third line center for this team in the long run.
Im not saying trade him right now but 4 and a half million is a lot of money to pay a third line center until 2021-2022

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying trade him right now but 4 and a half million is a lot of money to pay a third line center until 2021-2022

Not if we roll four lines, he shuts down their best player and chips in offensively from time to time. They say the cap is going up next season anyway. It's not a terrible contract.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or does it seems like every time you start talking smack on the Flyers they go out and win a couple of games, and every time I say something good about them they go out and lose a couple??? Maybe if I shut up and you keep talking trash... :suds:
i predicted we will win out yesterday so that theory is out the window but if it works its good for both of us.:suds: