• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you like to play your biggest rival 2 times in the same year?

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a "what if" conversation today with a friend about the Big12 this year and wondered how OU and Texas fans would like playing that one twice in the same year should things fall in place. My guess is they would enjoy it because they would have a decent amount of time between RRS and CCG but perhaps I'm wrong.

What if other conferences were set up like we are now and say..

Michigan had to play Ohio State or Bama played Auburn ect. and then had to play again in the CCG?

Would you want that rival game date moved to say early October or maybe game 1or 2 or keep it the same and go back to back weeks?

Like the idea? hate it?

Just curious,

Discuss...

Danny Ocho

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not in favor of having the same schools play other twice. You're adding an extra game to schedule, while you have other games to play. I like the current system at where it's at.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That depends on the year...

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not in favor of having the same schools play other twice. You're adding an extra game to schedule, while you have other games to play. I like the current system at where it's at.
I think he is talking about a situation like if the Big XII added a CCG and Texas and Oklahoma had the top two records so they were to play in the championship game. Or if other conferences did away with divisions. I don't believe he is talking about specifically scheduling two games a year with your rival.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is talking about a situation like if the Big XII added a CCG and Texas and Oklahoma had the top two records so they were to play in the championship game. Or if other conferences did away with divisions. I don't believe he is talking about specifically scheduling two games a year with your rival.
Correct

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer is no under most circumstances; especially if you won the first meeting. With that said, I would have loved a shot in 2006 in a neutral field for a national title.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm inclined to say yes to this, because if it did ever happen, it would mean ND is more than likely in the CFP or CFP Championship Game. That is a good question though. I would think most conference rivals would be against it. But I don't know.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no fan of rematch games.
However.
Oklahoma is undefeated in those matchups, all time.

This was the first one.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with the possibility...mainly because I hate how unbalanced some of the conference divisions get from time to time. I know it is often a cycle, but that cycle sure seems to last quite a few years. I prefer the best two teams play the CCG...regardless of divisions. If that means a rematch, so be it.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our biggest conference rival, FSU, is in the same division, but if they were in the other division and the possibility was there, I'd say NO.

Now, if we're talking about Sakerlina, HELL YEA!! I'd play a schedule full of games with those dirtpeckers.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with the possibility...mainly because I hate how unbalanced some of the conference divisions get from time to time. I know it is often a cycle, but that cycle sure seems to last quite a few years. I prefer the best two teams play the CCG...regardless of divisions. If that means a rematch, so be it.

Ditto, which is why I now think the Big 12 title game is a great idea.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama folks not mentioning Auburn .. that surprises me a little. I thought sure that the kick return game would have been brought up. I KNOW WVU would have loved another shot at Pitt after 13-9. Especially after Pitt had gotten that big win to boost their SOS.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our biggest conference rival, FSU, is in the same division, but if they were in the other division and the possibility was there, I'd say NO.

Now, if we're talking about Sakerlina, HELL YEA!! I'd play a schedule full of games with those dirtpeckers.
Didn't the ACC mention going to a format where their CCG included the highest ranked teams in the conference rather than division winners Or am I misremembering?

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its not a "rivalry" but it would've made a lot more sense for last year's big ten title game to have been a rematch between Penn state and Ohio state.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our true rivals are in our division so it's not really possible.

I can say most UW fans really really REALLY wanted a second shot at USC last year after losing to them, but had we beaten them in that first meeting we likely wouldn't have been as interested in the rematch. So it's very situational.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can say most UW fans really really REALLY wanted a second shot at USC last year after losing to them, but had we beaten them in that first meeting we likely wouldn't have been as interested in the rematch. So it's very situational.

Yes I would concur..........

It's to bad SC couldn't beat Utah, then that rematch could've taken place in the CCG....

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like Oregon did with Arizona a couple years ago. the redemption was sweet

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't the ACC mention going to a format where their CCG included the highest ranked teams in the conference rather than division winners Or am I misremembering?
I think that I've heard that tossed around, but I wouldn't swear to it.