• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

worst MLB franchise?

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah y'all have had a WS appearance in the 1910s, than 1950 and lost both. Starting around 1976 once Schmidt hit his stride the Phillies have had more good than bad years.
Yeah, the same year I started watching them. To all the other losers that were Phillies fans before then,- You're Welcome!

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuse me!

But the Rangers have been pretty damned bad over the years too! We at least deserve an honorable mention!

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously there's no one 'right' answer, they point and the fun of these kinds of debates is the arguing, you can make a good case for a few teams. The leading contenders are probably Cubs, Indians, Mariners, Rockies, Rays, Phillies, and Padres. To me, I place more weight on recent decades. I get that the Phillies were terrible forever in the early days but none of us were alive to see it. The game was different, the teams (owners, stadiums, etc) were different, the country itself was different.

Which team has just been the most hopeless since any of us can remember? I'm going with Cleveland. On their own merits, and also the fact that to me that's the most cursed sports city in the US. The Indians, the Cavs, the Browns especailly. All hopeless forever lately. Obviously LeBron made the Cavs not so hopeless but even then, no title and probably won't get one even with him.

So my pick is the Indians. But as I said above you can make a good case for a few others too.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am probably biased because of the garbage I have watched but the Mariners seem like the easy choice.

Longest playoff drought in baseball (15 years) and one of only two teams and only AL teams not to win a Pennant/reach a World Series. Also 4 playoff appearance in 40 years.

I guess they haven't been around as long as the Indians, Cubs, Phillies, etc. and that's what saves them from being a more obvious choice.