• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

worst coaches to win a natty, go!

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coker was unemployed for two years before taking a job at the lowest level FBS school in the country. I'm pretty sure Chizik could get a job at a school like Georgia State or Appalachian State in the next year or two if something opens up.

Thats my point.......even Petrino got a job, right after ANOTHER scandal. NOBODY wants Chizik, and for good reason. He sucks as a coach

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chizik and Mack Brown. With the amount of talent in the state of Texas, they should NEVER win less than 10 games.

LOL

You realize Mack Brown is one of the winningest coaches of all time, right?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats my point.......even Petrino got a job, right after ANOTHER scandal. NOBODY wants Chizik, and for good reason. He sucks as a coach
-
Could be because Auburn is still paying him something like 5mm a yr to sit on his porch. I heard he would forfeit that if he took another job, so I am guessing he is not looking very hard.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coker was unemployed for two years before taking a job at the lowest level FBS school in the country. I'm pretty sure Chizik could get a job at a school like Georgia State or Appalachian State in the next year or two if something opens up.

He worked as TV analyst during his two years off. And UTSA is a pretty big job, seeing as how they are the only major football team in a 1 million person city in the heart of football country. They get 30,000 people per game, and they have the potential to really take off.

Larry Coker is a very good coach. So is Dennis Erickson,except he is a player's coach (meaning a lot of his success is based on the maturity of the kids he recruits). The only recent coach that people can legitimately call a bad coach was Chizik.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Les Miles

2d0j4v5.jpg

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chizik easily. AU needs to fork up another $180K for a badass QB......

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You don't think Georgia State would hire Chizik? My point is just that nobody wanted Coker either.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He worked as TV analyst during his two years off. And UTSA is a pretty big job, seeing as how they are the only major football team in a 1 million person city in the heart of football country. They get 30,000 people per game, and they have the potential to really take off.

Larry Coker is a very good coach. So is Dennis Erickson,except he is a player's coach (meaning a lot of his success is based on the maturity of the kids he recruits). The only recent coach that people can legitimately call a bad coach was Chizik.

What exactly makes Larry Coker a very good coach? He worked as a TV analyst, did he choose that or was he not getting job offers? You don't think UTSA would've hired Chizik if he was available? They were an FCS school moving to the FBS level, you think they could've hired some other national championship coach? No. Coker is probably a fine coach, but he needs talent. Chizik is bad too, but I don't see what makes him any worse than Coker.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Could be because Auburn is still paying him something like 5mm a yr to sit on his porch. I heard he would forfeit that if he took another job, so I am guessing he is not looking very hard.

Good point, Butch Davis is the same way. He probably doesn't mind not being employed.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erickson left miamis cupboards bare and allowed luther too much access. He gets a big fail in my book. Without JJs talent he wouldnt have won shit at the U

Erickson may have left Miami bare but he was a great game day coach. The man won at Washington State, Oregon State and was successful at Idaho. Those aren't easy places to win at, and he won some big games at OSU and WSU.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban Meyer. He won with Ron Zook's players, then bolted when he couldn't keep the same quality of guys coming in. He left the cupboard bare when he left.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban Meyer. He won with Ron Zook's players, then bolted when he couldn't keep the same quality of guys coming in. He left the cupboard bare when he left.

"Coach Meyer, why is he so mad?"
"Oh don't mind Tony. I ruined him far too badly. It's sad, he's like 50 and his life revolves around me. He even tried to duck an avy bet once."

urban.png

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not easy being a horrendous coach and win the Natty but Chizik fits that mold

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL...so Zook couldn't win with the same players yet Urban did...he must be horrible

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly makes Larry Coker a very good coach? He worked as a TV analyst, did he choose that or was he not getting job offers? You don't think UTSA would've hired Chizik if he was available? They were an FCS school moving to the FBS level, you think they could've hired some other national championship coach? No. Coker is probably a fine coach, but he needs talent. Chizik is bad too, but I don't see what makes him any worse than Coker.

You might want to check on this. UTSA built their team from scratch. In less than four years, he took a team from NOTHING to going 3-3 in an FBS conference. They are already better than UTEP and gave Oklahoma State a pretty decent battle.

His Miami teams were good up until the last year. They avoided any lapses of concentration. In his first five years, they lost one game by more than a TD. He was fired completely prematurely based on the assumption that Miami was going to be a powerhouse forever, so 9-3 seasons were a total failure. They were wrong. The ultimate proof of that is that it has been seven years now and Miami has yet to have a team as good as Coker's second-worst year. Even discounting the first 2 years and giving credit to Butch, he went 36-14. Nothing about that says anything other than "Miami pulled the trigger too quickly."

Cane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coker

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...so Zook couldn't win with the same players yet Urban did...he must be horrible
-
I dont think it would have mattered, but Zook got hosed. Spurrier left nothing behind and Zook recruited a ton of kids. Played freshman and sophs his first 2 yrs. 3rd yr was disappointing, but much of his work was pointing to that 4th yr. I dont think he wins a title, but the career of Zook may have been much different if he was given that 4th yr.