• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst Coach For Fantasy Football Purposes..

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Has gotta be Belichick. How does Ridley go from a top-15 RB to almost an afterthought?

Who's number 2? For some reason, Coughlin comes to mind, but I really don't know why...

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shananhan

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Has gotta be Belichick

I would have to disagree there, Chef. I think this year is more on Ridley taking a step back (and having fumblitis early). If Vereen were healthy, I think there would be a clear cut back to follow in NE. No, I say Bill is one of the best coaches for fantasy, because he has no mercy and when the Pats were scoring 40 points a week, there were lots of fantasy options.

I would say it's a pretty vague question, and it is overshadowed by what's going on in the field most times. Granted, there are Shannanigans out there, and the hoodie sure doesn't help you set your lineup prior to game time, but for the most part, produce and you'll see the field.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give an honorable mention to Mike Smith. His propensity to let off the gas far too early in games costs Jones, White, Gonzo and Matt Ryan far too many points.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have to disagree there, Chef. I think this year is more on Ridley taking a step back (and having fumblitis early). If Vereen were healthy, I think there would be a clear cut back to follow in NE. No, I say Bill is one of the best coaches for fantasy, because he has no mercy and when the Pats were scoring 40 points a week, there were lots of fantasy options.

I would say it's a pretty vague question, and it is overshadowed by what's going on in the field most times. Granted, there are Shannanigans out there, and the hoodie sure doesn't help you set your lineup prior to game time, but for the most part, produce and you'll see the field.

Heh..."Shannanigans". :clap:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridley is out this week so should make RB choice easier for BB Good luck figuring out who BB will use:suds:

If only coaches would think of the poor fantasy players:lol:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give an honorable mention to Mike Smith. His propensity to let off the gas far too early in games costs Jones, White, Gonzo and Matt Ryan far too many points.

U forgot it also costs the Falcons the games Its why when idiots bitch about padding stats they need to just watch the falcons prove u need to keep scoring:suds:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanny..............unless he has an absolute stud RB you have no clue. Do have to give him credit last year and this year though, he stuck with Morris.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good nominations. Would like to toss in Fisher.

The RB situation is a mess. Pead is a healthy scratch in week 4 and now in week 5 he may be starting? Crazy.,

Last edited by a moderator:

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The RB situation is a mess. Pead is a healthy scratch in week 4 and now in week 5 he may be starting? Crazy.,

i bet Fisher misses Eddie George

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah just give Stacy the damn ball and see what he can do! I mean hell, he is averaging 4 yards a carry so far this year.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly Bellicheat and Shanahanigan are the top 2.

Gus Bradley is up there too. For some unknown reason he thinks Gabbert is an NFL QB. Gus has even stated that Gabbert has done what they asked him to do and that is why he is starting. Really???? Fucking Really???? So you asked him to suck beyond belief???? Wow! Just wow.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Belichek is the best coach in the NFL, but also the most frustrating for fantasy owners. Shanahan is like a milder version of Belichek.

Think about Belichek's history of player usage. Even last year, when Ridley was dominant there were games where he was absent from the game plan. If a defense tries to take away a certain receiving option, Belichek, at times will let them do it and take advantage of match-ups everywhere else.

On top of this, you have to factor in his comical use of injury reports where half the team is listed as questionable whether they are hurt or not. He goes to extreme lengths in order to make game planning against him all but impossible. This policy is maddening for fantasy owners too. He is way worse than Shannihan in that respect, IMO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is frustrating. What some coaches don't really understand is that more defined roles actually help the offense. Too many coaches use their RBs like chess pieces. When players know what to expect in terms of their weekly role, they are more likely to produce. Uncertainty is hard to handle for players. I get that you need to change things up at times, but coaches sometimes fail to consider how their shuffling of players can affect chemistry and player confidence.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Belichick is getting a bad rep here because of what he does with RBs. If you have Brady, Gronk, a WR or even the DST or Gostkowski you're pretty happy with Belichick because he keeps the pedal to the metal regardless of the score.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...Has gotta be Belichick. How does Ridley go from a top-15 RB to almost an afterthought?

Who's number 2? For some reason, Coughlin comes to mind, but I really don't know why...

I still don't understand where his draft postion was.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Belichick is getting a bad rep here because of what he does with RBs. If you have Brady, Gronk, a WR or even the DST or Gostkowski you're pretty happy with Belichick because he keeps the pedal to the metal regardless of the score.

Completely agree Will.. if we're talking just straight RB'S, the hoodie comes in pretty high. .but overall, his PAT's have been a fantasy gold mine for quite some time.