• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL World Series Champs

Who ya got winning the Fall Classic this year?

• Astros

• Yankees

• Twins

• Dodgers

• Braves

• Cardinals

• Someone Else

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who ya got winning the Fall Classic this year?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the playoffs set yet? I think there might be one last wildcard up for grabs, maybe one in each league...but as of today I think the WS will be the Dodgers from the NL, and the winner of an ALCS between the Yanks and Astros. I'd give the edge to Houston based on pitching but if that NY offense is hot, then I don't want to think about it anymore

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I joked months ago that its Yankees Dodgers but I do think that starting now the Yanks are probably 3rd in my power ranking and that its probably Houston/Dodgers. Again. Those 3 teams in general are favorites but I don't think they are above and beyond one of the other teams getting a little streaky. Twins and ATL in particular.

Barves have to see the Cardinals and Dodgers and think 'seriously?' but they have a fairly competent team that I think will win at least a game or two against anyone and should be a slight favorite if they match up against the Cards and a solid favorite if they get the Brewers.

Brewers are streaky and look like spoilers but I just dont think they're very good. I almost expect them to win every single remaining game in the regular season and then lose in the wild card or get swept in the playoffs.

Cardinals are stereotypically representing the NL brand of baseball which is refreshing. Defense, pitching, coaching. Great. They can only hit fastballs, though, so if they have a lot of issues maintaining offense. Maybe the scouting kicks in and the bats get hot for the playoffs and they become a huge threat but otherwise they won't have the offense to keep up. The roster does have upside (Matt Carpenter?) that hasn't really come to fruition yet so I'm not fully counting them out but they're not as sexy as some of the other teams.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I joked months ago that its Yankees Dodgers but I do think that starting now the Yanks are probably 3rd in my power ranking and that its probably Houston/Dodgers. Again. Those 3 teams in general are favorites but I don't think they are above and beyond one of the other teams getting a little streaky. Twins and ATL in particular.

Barves have to see the Cardinals and Dodgers and think 'seriously?' but they have a fairly competent team that I think will win at least a game or two against anyone and should be a slight favorite if they match up against the Cards and a solid favorite if they get the Brewers.

Brewers are streaky and look like spoilers but I just dont think they're very good. I almost expect them to win every single remaining game in the regular season and then lose in the wild card or get swept in the playoffs.

Cardinals are stereotypically representing the NL brand of baseball which is refreshing. Defense, pitching, coaching. Great. They can only hit fastballs, though, so if they have a lot of issues maintaining offense. Maybe the scouting kicks in and the bats get hot for the playoffs and they become a huge threat but otherwise they won't have the offense to keep up. The roster does have upside (Matt Carpenter?) that hasn't really come to fruition yet so I'm not fully counting them out but they're not as sexy as some of the other teams.

After reading your post, I just became the world's largest Brewers fan.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, forgot to vote...I'll go with Dodgers, just because I never pick eventual winners (heh heh)

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on paper its the dodgers/astros with astros winning but as we know paper champs dont always win:suds:

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brewers are streaky and look like spoilers but I just dont think they're very good. I almost expect them to win every single remaining game in the regular season and then lose in the wild card or get swept in the playoffs. B

tenor.gif

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was forced to bet on who'd make it today, I'd say the World Series would be a Cardinals vs. Astros contest with the Astros winning in 5.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to say my Yankees but we are being held together by some bandaids and some gauze. Gotta give the nod to the Astros.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted Cardinals, but should have voted someone else.
That would include:
Nationals
Brewers
2 of these 3
A's
Indians
Rays
I'd take 5 (4) teams over 1 team any day.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted Cardinals, but should have voted someone else.
That would include:
Nationals
Brewers
2 of these 3
A's
Indians
Rays
I'd take 5 (4) teams over 1 team any day.
At the beginning of the season if someone would've offered you the Tigers, Orioles, Marlins, Royals and White Sox and they wanted the Astros in a bet, would you have bet them?

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cole, Verlander, Grienke, Cole, Verlander, Grienke, Cole in a 7 games series......yikes!

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I paid way too much money for my homer glasses and, dammit, I'm going to use them.

Brewers, of course.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the beginning of the season if someone would've offered you the Tigers, Orioles, Marlins, Royals and White Sox and they wanted the Astros in a bet, would you have bet them?
No way. Not before seeing them play. But the Nats, Brew Crew, A's, Indians and Rays are all good teams.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. Not before seeing them play. But the Nats, Brew Crew, A's, Indians and Rays are all good teams.
I agree that those are good teams but you said you'd take 4 or 5 teams over 1 team any day. Anything can happen in baseball playoffs more than football or basketball. But I'd still take a dominate team like the Astros without hesitation over the group of Nats, Brewers, A's, Indians and Rays for the title.