• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Work League - 10team PPR

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all TDs 6pts
1pt PPR
rest of scoring pretty standard, no bonuses
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, K, DST
Draft position: 10 out of 10
We drew #s out of a hat to determine draft order. Before I picked my #, I said, 'and with the 10th pick in the draft.....' and proceeded to pull the #10. Pretty sweet since there were still 6 or 7 #s left to pick when I made my choice.

So, I had absolutely no idea if anyone in the league had any football knowledge besides myself and 1 other guy. Turns out, there were about 4 of us that were fantasy vets, and the rest just more or less understood what to do. First off, I will say that the screening process to get my job is harder than the job itself, so none of the owners in the league are full on retard, but 2-3 of them are definitely fantasy rookies.

That being said, here is how my draft went tonight:

1/10 ) Alf Morris
2/11 ) Calvin Johnson
3/30 ) DeMarco Murray
4/31 ) McFadden
5/50 ) Mike Wallace
6/51 ) Antonio Brown
7/70 ) Colin Kaepernick
8/71 ) Giovani Bernard
9/90 ) RGIII
10/91) Broyles
11/110) Owen Daniels
12/111) Jordan Cameron
13/131) K Thompkins
14/132) Rueben Randall
15/150) Ben Tate
16/151) TB DST

A few personal observations:

1) I'm feeling stupid for not taking Forte/Calvin at the first turn, but figured Morris might get a few more TDs on short yardage plays that RGIII had last year (6 of his 7 rush TDs were from 10yds or closer).

2) Once I took Calvin, I knew that I wanted to go RB-RB with my next 2 picks. CJ1K got picked 1 spot ahead of me in the 3rd. Was really pissed that he didn't fall to me.

3) What's worse than taking 1 injury prone RB? you guessed it, taking 2! DMC/Murray bookend in 3/4 was without a doubt, the make or break spot of my draft, at least imo. Could be some insane point totals put up by that RB trio + Megatron!

4) With 3 WR starting spots, I wanted to get the WR1 from at least 3 different teams, and I wanted all of those teams to have strong armed QBs. My assessment: Mission accomplished. I think Brown will be great this year in PPR leagues, and Wallace will be good enough. Should at least see a little bump in targets by Keller going down.

5) QBs-- Am I completely missing something or do these 2 things seem kinda weird to anyone else:
a. Colin Kaepernick was the 10th QB taken in the draft. Someone has reached for him in every single mock I've done, and both real drafts that I've done until this one.
b. RGIII at 90 is too good of a value, regardless if my QB1 is also a young, technically unproven commodity.
Just couldn't pass up RGIII at the 9/10 turn. Kaep - 56 ADP on fantasypros.com, RGIII - 64. I feel like I got enormous value at where I drafted those 2 guys.

Honorable Mention observations: Ben Tate at 150?? (ADP 103) - I'll be dropping Rueben Randall for a K before we start, fyi. I'm lower on Kaeps and RGIII than most, but Wilson went 3 picks before I took Kaeps, and that was the only other QB I was targeting, since round 2 saw a mini 5 QB run from picks 12-18. Rodgers, Brees, Ryan??, Peyton, then Brady -- The owner that took Ryan had to take a shot of well tequila for having the worst pick in the 2nd round!!:drink:

Last edited by a moderator:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be dropping Rueben Randall for a K before we start, fyi.

I hold off on that one, with Cruz and Nicks going into the season the way they are. 10 team league, you don't need two TE, and you won't miss Owen Daniels.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't need two TE, and you won't miss Owen Daniels.

I also think that Cameron will shoulder the load, but I didnt want to get burned by drafting another "future Antonio Gates", only to find it was all hype, yet again. We'll see, I don't think it is very likely that Rueben Randall gets picked up by anyone, unless Cruz/Nicks gets injured, which is a good possibility.

TK21775

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised Johnson was there at 11 in a 1 pt ppr

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice team... probably too early on Wallace, and in PPR Morris looks like a mistake. On the other hand you could actually start McFadden and Murray with Morris/Bernard at the flex, and hopefully Bernard is a legit starter by the time DMC or DMCo go down.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice team... probably too early on Wallace, and in PPR Morris looks like a mistake. On the other hand you could actually start McFadden and Murray with Morris/Bernard at the flex, and hopefully Bernard is a legit starter by the time DMC or DMCo go down.

Nice :thumb:

I have to agree on Wallace, but I actually like Morris to pick up some solid numbers. I think snagging Helu might not be a bad idea since he's the 3rd down/GL back and your natural handcuff. I also like Broyles, especially with them cutting Mike Thomas. After CJ, who else is there?

Overall nice job, Monkey.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to redo - I'd probably go Forte/Calvin at the first turn, and Andre Johnson/DMC or Murray at 2nd turn, then Antonio Brown/Lamar Miller at the 3rd turn.

But what the hell, I think I did a good job of loading up on good late round WRs to fill in for Wallace if he doesnt amount to much in MIA. Like I said before, I really wanted to make sure to get 3 WR1s from 3 teams that I think will be throwing the ball a lot. Or in Wallace's case, getting most of the targets since his team doesnt have any other receiving threats.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Dinah Ben Tate at 150 let me in Monkey let me in

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Dinah Ben Tate at 150 let me in Monkey let me in

I think a couple people scratched him off their lists, assuming he was already drafted, and moved on to the next group off RBs. I couldn't believe he was still there, and didn't draft a K so that I could take him and the Bucs DST - 1st week vs NYJ in case you didn't notice