• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woody Johnson wants to trade Revis?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd do that sh8 in a heartbeat. I'd give up Bowman, and Cully for him. In the draft I'd get a player to replace Bowman (Ogletree). lol. Damn greed is always within us.

No fuckin' way! Those guys are good and only getting better. I'd give up multiple draft choices for him though.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might give our first rounder for Revis. Certainly our 2nd and other picks. Revis is elite and we don't have that in any of our CB's right now. He would certainly be an upgrade.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give up our first no problem.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the 32'nd pick worth in this draft? It sure as hell isn't more valuable than Darrelle Revis.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You wouldn't give up the 32nd overall pick for arguably the best CB in the league...in his prime?

It's:

A) Best CB in NFL

Versus

B) (1) A very good CB + (2) 3-4 million dollars per year (difference between salaries) AND... say... (3) a very good starting center for 5 years.

I don't think the differencve between Rogers & Revis is as big as the difference between Goodwin & a blue-chip C (or WR mmaybe?) + 3-4 million dollars.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's:

A) Best CB in NFL

Versus

B) (1) A very good CB + (2) 3-4 million dollars per year (difference between salaries) AND... say... (3) a very good starting center for 5 years.

I don't think the differencve between Rogers & Revis is as big as the difference between Goodwin & a blue-chip C (or WR mmaybe?) + 3-4 million dollars.

I certainly don't know about any of this, but it does make sense that we wouldn't do too much to tinker with a team that won the SB and is still intact to win more. If we get burned in the secondary in the SB, I wouldn't say Harbaugh would panic, but we might address it. This wouldn't be panicking per se, though.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I certainly don't know about any of this, but it does make sense that we wouldn't do too much to tinker with a team that won the SB and is still intact to win more.

It may seem like I'm contradicting myself, but I don't agree with this ratioale. I believe most teams who win the SB need to start re-tooling IMMEDIATELY because there's usually nowhere to go but down. Teams that keep everything intact seem to let small problems linger, and winning the SB takes usually takes a large degree of luck (injuries, etc).

However, I still wouldn't trade a 1st for Revis. This is a young SB team (which is rare), and I think they're gonna have just as good of a chance to win the SB in 5 years as they will in 1 year. So they need to think long-term. Taking on an enormous contract (and losing a blue-chip rookie) for an all-pro' would be a great move if the window were about to close, but I don't think it is. If the Niners can fins a probowl caliber DE to replace Justin Smith when he starts to slow down, I think they'll be contenders for a long time under Harbaugh.

That said, I'd trade a 2nd for him (and probably a little more).

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly don't know about any of this, but it does make sense that we wouldn't do too much to tinker with a team that won the SB and is still intact to win more. If we get burned in the secondary in the SB, I wouldn't say Harbaugh would panic, but we might address it. This wouldn't be panicking per se, though.

Our secondary could certainly stand some improvement. They are not bad, but pass coverage is one of the few weaknesses on the team; along with pass rush.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
They are not bad, but pass coverage is one of the few weaknesses on the team; along with pass rush.

You really think so? I think the Niners' secondary is one of the best in the NFL. I think all 3 of their CBs are better than anyone on teh Ravens (except for the injured Joe Webb). And the Niners probably have a better pair of safeties (that one is close).

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think so? I think the Niners' secondary is one of the best in the NFL. I think all 3 of their CBs are better than anyone on teh Ravens (except for the injured Joe Webb). And the Niners probably have a better pair of safeties (that one is close).

Pass coverage is the toughest part of the game but our guys got torched by Atlanta, the Patriots, Minnesota and the Rams. They are young and pretty good but a guy like Revis who takes away one side of the field by himself would be a godsend.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Pass coverage is the toughest part of the game but our guys got torched by Atlanta, the Patriots, Minnesota and the Rams. They are young and pretty good but a guy like Revis who takes away one side of the field by himself would be a godsend.

No secondary is going to go all year without having bad games. But 'd be careful about Revis because he's cmoing off an ACL tear. He may not be the same dominant player.

I think he'll still be great, but he might not be the best in the game any more. CB is one of the hardest positions to dominate year in and year out.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only problem I have with Revis is after next season. He can't be franchised in '13 and could we work another monster deal under the cap?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It may seem like I'm contradicting myself, but I don't agree with this ratioale. I believe most teams who win the SB need to start re-tooling IMMEDIATELY because there's usually nowhere to go but down. Teams that keep everything intact seem to let small problems linger, and winning the SB takes usually takes a large degree of luck (injuries, etc).

However, I still wouldn't trade a 1st for Revis. This is a young SB team (which is rare), and I think they're gonna have just as good of a chance to win the SB in 5 years as they will in 1 year. So they need to think long-term. Taking on an enormous contract (and losing a blue-chip rookie) for an all-pro' would be a great move if the window were about to close, but I don't think it is. If the Niners can fins a probowl caliber DE to replace Justin Smith when he starts to slow down, I think they'll be contenders for a long time under Harbaugh.

That said, I'd trade a 2nd for him (and probably a little more).

:L at me. I understand your rationale and it makes sense. I was trying to agree with you, saying that making a trade that would cost all that you said it would not make sense because it wasn't needed for now, long term was the goal for a team good enough to win this year and the next, etc.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The only problem I have with Revis is after next season. He can't be franchised in '13 and could we work another monster deal under the cap?

He's signed for longer than that. There's a team option to void after the '14 season, but the Niners wouldn't have to (I think).

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Marc Lillibridge (NFL agent):

Revis' contract is easy to digest for any team. Only $15 mil over 4 years of cash value left.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Revis' contract is easy to digest for any team. Only $15 mil over 4 years of cash value left.

Holy crap!

Ok, I changed my mind. Trade the 1st!
Thanks C to tha P!

Get Revis, Cut Rogers. Sign Dwayne Bowe or Mike Wallace.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Now he posted this:

Revis playing on a 1 year deal...14-16 void if on Jets after Super Bowl. Jets should trade him and get something in return.