• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woodley Signs Long-Term Deal

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A delighted Woodley uploaded a photo of him inking the deal onto his Facebook page early Friday.

"Wanted yall 2 hear it from me 1st- Drafted here... super bowl here.. will retire here!! now time to get u this 7th trophy!!!! thank u 2 the rooney family, my family, teammates, agent, and all of u!! P.S.-STEELER 4 LIFE!!!!!!"
he posted.

The six-year deal is worth $61.5 million plus a $22.5 million signing bonus

Run and hide Joe Flaccid

1222_large.jpg

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pretty amped about this! I am still hoping they make enough room to add another lineman, still looking pretty weak.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont get why the press is always so high on rivers .. he aint won shit

He's a fantasy QB. That's why the press is always slobbing his knob.

Fact remains, he chokes in big games.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Ed Bouchette:
Steelers negotiators, mainly Omar Khan, will take a breather after signing linebacker LaMarr Woodley to a six-year, $61.5 million contract that includes a $22.5 million bonus.

There will be no more contracts of their own players redone soon, which means Troy Polamalu, Lawrence Timmons and Mike Wallace all will have to wait a bit to see if they can negotiate new deals before the start of the season. All are working on the final year of their contracts.

The Steelers still are unsure if they will re-do those three before the season, and if that happens, they won't negotiate until the 2011 season ends. Wallace, sincne he is a restricted free agent, is probably the third priority among those three.

They will, however, keep looking outside their own team to see if anyone is worth signing. There will be no big-time contracts done with any outside free agents but as training camp moves along and they find out more about their personnel, they will keep an open mind to bringing in others and virtually any position but quarterback.

Among those could be a No. 2 tight end. They signed veteran free agent John Gilmore this week but he's just in the mix and must fight for a roster spot. They like rookie Weslye Saunders but he has a lot to learn.

Flozell Adams may not be an option if he continues to want big money, and may only be an option if there are injuries.