• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wk 9... vs IND

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...maybe Ben going down was a blessing in disguise because IDT they would've invested more than just a 1st to get him.
Yeah I think you nailed it. They have always been too conservative in their approach to upgrading the team and needed that type of event to get this done. But with that said they did move up to draft Bush but that was made possible thanks to AB.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think you nailed it. They have always been too conservative in their approach to upgrading the team and needed that type of event to get this done. But with that said they did move up to draft Bush but that was made possible thanks to AB.

I don't really like to speculate a ton, but taking an overview look at this team...those DEF moves needed to be made for this team to really have a legit shot to win another SB within Ben's tenure. In other words...imo the way the team was built with Bell, & AB and the DEF prior to Bush and Fitz was another 10-11 win team only because there are so many weak teams, but a fairly quick out in the playoffs.

We'll see what happens over the next 8 games this yr, but Ben and this DEF I think is the best team Tomlin has trotted out there since '08.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say losing defensive players wasn't big, but the conversation is about offensive injuries and how our offense can't work as a well oiled machine with so many moving and injured parts. You've had the same starting RB, TE and QB every game this year. I don't think you can compare the two.
I still disagree. We've had a hodge podge at WR all season. Our starting QB was the back up QB until 1 week before the season. Now he is injured. The injured top 3 defensive players has forced the offense to do things Brissett is not good at.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SteelersPride

I think playing under pressure is a bit more difficult than playing well for a crappy team....when the FO made the move to get Fitz...that told the team...hey, we're not throwing in the towel.

So Rudolph is carrying that weight on his shoulders...I think if you put him on MIA his stats would be better because there's less pressure to win.

Look at the youngster for CLE...Mayfield looked solid last year when it didn't matter. This season there were some expectations....ehh, not looking as good.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have similar arguments on the Colts forums. So many people dislike Brissett big time. He throws mostly dump off passes. He doesn't read past 2 receivers. He's not Luck. People have been calling to start Chad Kelly who is on the practice squad. Our injuries have been Hooker, Leonard, Funchess, Hilton, Desir and others. I've been fairly happy with Brissett. His ceiling is low, yes, but at least he isn't a turnover machine and as long as the coach doesn't scheme a "Luck" type of offense, he will win games. I think Rudolph could/is similar.

Brissett or Rudolph...right now I'd take Brissett simply because he's been in more games, more snaps at this level.

But assuming similar time on the field, I agree Rudolph and Brissett are pretty similar QBs....I don't think any OC would ask them to drop back 30+ times unless the team fell behind and was forced to pass. As far as who got hurt the worse due to injury or retirement? It's pretty close imo...Reich to be at 5-3 at this point is a testament to his good work...can they sustain it for the stretch run...we shall see, they let this last one get away.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still disagree. We've had a hodge podge at WR all season. Our starting QB was the back up QB until 1 week before the season. Now he is injured. The injured top 3 defensive players has forced the offense to do things Brissett is not good at.

We will agree to disagree then.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@SteelersPride

I think playing under pressure is a bit more difficult than playing well for a crappy team....when the FO made the move to get Fitz...that told the team...hey, we're not throwing in the towel.

So Rudolph is carrying that weight on his shoulders...I think if you put him on MIA his stats would be better because there's less pressure to win.

Look at the youngster for CLE...Mayfield looked solid last year when it didn't matter. This season there were some expectations....ehh, not looking as good.
i respect that opinion. Im again gonna say I dont buy that argument. Its a professional sports team, you're there to win, you should be able to handle that weight. Mayfields play has very little do with the pressure.

I just keep hearing any excuse that can stick for mason. On the radio and tv today the excuse was mason doesnt know the offense. Hes been here over a year? How dont you know it. Rookies somehow learn playbooks and execute, FA's learn it, Guys off the street come in and play .........

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i respect that opinion. Im again gonna say I dont buy that argument. Its a professional sports team, you're there to win, you should be able to handle that weight. Mayfields play has very little do with the pressure.

I just keep hearing any excuse that can stick for mason. On the radio and tv today the excuse was mason doesnt know the offense. Hes been here over a year? How dont you know it. Rookies somehow learn playbooks and execute, FA's learn it, Guys off the street come in and play .........

Fair...you don’t have to buy it but it’s true...playing with expectations is not the same as free wheeling it.

Rudolph...my position is unchanged for now...he should play over Hodges. They are not going to win anything significant with either imo but they need to see what this draft pick can do. If the ofc continues to struggle you make the change but in my mind they are not there yet.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3eVUii1.jpg

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair...you don’t have to buy it but it’s true...playing with expectations is not the same as free wheeling it.

Rudolph...my position is unchanged for now...he should play over Hodges. They are not going to win anything significant with either imo but they need to see what this draft pick can do. If the ofc continues to struggle you make the change but in my mind they are not there yet.
thats fair enough, but if winning games and the playoffs/division is the goal, you are not playing to see what you have.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats fair enough, but if winning games and the playoffs/division is the goal, you are not playing to see what you have.

In spite of what I think will happen once they get there, those are the goals. You've won 3 consecutive games...the last two with Rudolph as the starter...if Hodges had come in and lit the place up...of course you ride the hot hand, but imo he didn't look any better than Rudolph, he played the same type close to the vest game.

Generally speaking...I do see the same flaws in Rudolph's game as you, but not ready to change QBs after 5 starts and the team just pulling up to the .500 mark.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In spite of what I think will happen once they get there, those are the goals. You've won 3 consecutive games...the last two with Rudolph as the starter...if Hodges had come in and lit the place up...of course you ride the hot hand, but imo he didn't look any better than Rudolph, he played the same type close to the vest game.

Generally speaking...I do see the same flaws in Rudolph's game as you, but not ready to change QBs after 5 starts and the team just pulling up to the .500 mark.
i get it, and i dont. im by no means trying to argue and be a jerk. Just definitely two different opinions. I respect that though:suds:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i get it, and i dont. im by no means trying to argue and be a jerk. Just definitely two different opinions. I respect that though:suds:

I know SP...respect your view point as well.

I just had a guy tell me last week...Washington is a bust and I was using the QB play as an excuse. The very next game he makes 2 or 3 circus catches on some pretty bad passes.

I think it was Bill Parcells who said you can't really grade a starting QB until he's made 30+ NFL starts (basically 2 yrs)...that might be a little outdated with the rookie cap and rookie QBs starting much faster than the old days. I still adhere to that line of thinking with QBs.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know SP...respect your view point as well.

I just had a guy tell me last week...Washington is a bust and I was using the QB play as an excuse. The very next game he makes 2 or 3 circus catches on some pretty bad passes.

I think it was Bill Parcells who said you can't really grade a starting QB until he's made 30+ NFL starts (basically 2 yrs)...that might be a little outdated with the rookie cap and rookie QBs starting much faster than the old days. I still adhere to that line of thinking with QBs.
Yeah I guess that’s kinda where I am. Part of it is today’s nfl. I agree that it takes time. But in today’s nfl, he’s had some, to at least show more. Ten years ago this is all expected.

you sure u weren’t talking to me abo Washington lol. Because I don’t buy the qb as an excuse, somewhat but not the issue imho.

Washington is more familiar with Rudolph than anyone. Also you earn your reps and playing time. Johnson came in a leapfrogged him, he’s earned it. All the receivers r struggling but others have shown ability to do things.washington struggles with getting separation. That was part of his knock coming out of college. It hasn’t improved much. He has talent, he can make some crazy catches. But with going against. NFL do’s, he’s just not getting open

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I guess that’s kinda where I am. Part of it is today’s nfl. I agree that it takes time. But in today’s nfl, he’s had some, to at least show more. Ten years ago this is all expected.

you sure u weren’t talking to me abo Washington lol. Because I don’t buy the qb as an excuse, somewhat but not the issue imho.

Washington is more familiar with Rudolph than anyone. Also you earn your reps and playing time. Johnson came in a leapfrogged him, he’s earned it. All the receivers r struggling but others have shown ability to do things.washington struggles with getting separation. That was part of his knock coming out of college. It hasn’t improved much. He has talent, he can make some crazy catches. But with going against. NFL do’s, he’s just not getting open

Washington...pretty sure it wasn't you...lol. FWIW, I never said he was or wasn't a bust...my point was I don't think we can really judge any of the WRs aside from flat out drops, not blocking etc. When your RB gets 13 targets in a game and in that same game your WR1 gets 5...you're not dealing with a normal situation.

Johnson...lol...maybe it was you because he also mentioned Johnson jumping Washington when Moncrief wet the bed. IMO Johnson was a better prospect from the get go, I'm not surprised he leaped frogged him. I've heard the separation issues with Washington and if every team played man DEF with better than average CBs...I could see that being a bigger concern. As it stands...most teams play a lot of zone DEF...ANY WR that recognizes it's a zone can find the open areas and sit down.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really is.

Just in time to get paid.

I know GMs have to be wary of contract year performances...don't they?

Dupree is gonna make a lot of money, and good for him but I would be leery giving him a 4 yr deal at $15 mil per. If he continues on this pace Colbert is going to make the effort, will it be enough? IDK...probably not, there will be a cap rich team out there like the Jets were last year...spend now, think about it later.