• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wk 9... vs IND

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington...pretty sure it wasn't you...lol. FWIW, I never said he was or wasn't a bust...my point was I don't think we can really judge any of the WRs aside from flat out drops, not blocking etc. When your RB gets 13 targets in a game and in that same game your WR1 gets 5...you're not dealing with a normal situation.

Johnson...lol...maybe it was you because he also mentioned Johnson jumping Washington when Moncrief wet the bed. IMO Johnson was a better prospect from the get go, I'm not surprised he leaped frogged him. I've heard the separation issues with Washington and if every team played man DEF with better than average CBs...I could see that being a bigger concern. As it stands...most teams play a lot of zone DEF...ANY WR that recognizes it's a zone can find the open areas and sit down.
I really can’t argue any of your points tbh lol

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know GMs have to be wary of contract year performances...don't they?

Dupree is gonna make a lot of money, and good for him but I would be leery giving him a 4 yr deal at $15 mil per. If he continues on this pace Colbert is going to make the effort, will it be enough? IDK...probably not, there will be a cap rich team out there like the Jets were last year...spend now, think about it later.
If they aren't wary they should be. Especially when it took so long to come to fruition.

Maybe we can franchise his ass for a couple of years. Expensive short term but if he does it 2-3 years in a row I'd feel better about locking him up with big money.

He's still no Watt. What's Watt gonna cost us? Lol.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they aren't wary they should be. Especially when it took so long to come to fruition.

Maybe we can franchise his ass for a couple of years. Expensive short term but if he does it 2-3 years in a row I'd feel better about locking him up with big money.

That franchise tag is a beefy price tag.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep...exactly...I know he's going to get paid, but forking over $60+ mil to a guy with only one yr of strong production and it just happened to be his contract yr....dicey!

That's why the Steelers can't go all out here with Dupree...Watt will be top of the market, but they have the 5th yr option...I see them trying to lock him up before he hits the 5th yr. The best I can see happening with Dupree is franchise him next yr (that way they can bring this DEF back intact for Ben at least for 2020.

They were not top of the market contracts, but they did pay both Heyward and Tuitt well so who knows, but both OLBs were on rookie deals, in fact all starters (OLB, & NT) except those two were on rookie deals when they got those big contracts.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just joking dude. U hated bud
I don’t know if I hated him as much as others. I’m usually the more optimistic one around here, but I do have my limits.

I do find it funny that Bud Dupree was a turd through weeks 1-3 this season but then suddenly everyone’s saying he’s having a career year. Remember when he couldn’t even register a sack against a 3rd string LT in SF?

I’m still part of the “don’t resign Dud” crowd. Let someone else overpay