• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wk 1... @NYG ***MNF***

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wide recievers have an interesting room right now. I'm assuming this is JuJu's last year with the Steelers. He's a solid #2 but I don't think he's a number 1 and I just don't think that's where they will put money in the offseason. I think the foundation of this group is Claypole, Johnson, and Washington. Or at least that's the expectation. Washington looks like a very good #3 and I think Johnson has what it takes to be a very good #2. He's got none of JuJu's issues with separation but he's not going to win contested catches and at least to my eyes, the route running isn't the crispest. The question is Claypole. Is he a future #1? I like what I've seen but who knows.
I think JuJu had a statement game for #1 WR leadership. I very much want him to stay. If it's purely a money thing, I'll understand, but he's someone I want to keep building the team around.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pouncey can't pull -at-all- anymore. He still put a ball in the dirt last night.

And his pass pro isn't all that.

Ben is lucky that Banner was there for Williams to ping-pong off of. Because Pouncey was abused there and would have had a free shot.
Stop ruining victory Tuesday Debbie-Downer. :D

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think JuJu had a statement game for #1 WR leadership. I very much want him to stay. If it's purely a money thing, I'll understand, but he's someone I want to keep building the team around.
I know I crack jokes about the whole Limas thing, but he's pretty much what I thought he would be, except he's at the ceiling of what I thought he could be. A #2 with serious separation issues. I think if he takes a low value contract (outside the top 30-40) the Steelers would keep him. But there's WR available every off season that can do what he does within a reasonable +/-. Don't get me wrong. I love the kid. He's just nothing special. And he needs a top quarterback to throw him open. Without Ben he has much less value IMHO.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I crack jokes about the whole Limas thing, but he's pretty much what I thought he would be, except he's at the ceiling of what I thought he could be. A #2 with serious separation issues. I think if he takes a low value contract (outside the top 30-40) the Steelers would keep him. But there's WR available every off season that can do what he does within a reasonable +/-. Don't get me wrong. I love the kid. He's just nothing special. And he needs a top quarterback to throw him open. Without Ben he has much less value IMHO.
I think he is a #1. But yeah Ben makes everyone look much better. Offensive FA's who leave tend to have a downward trajectory outside of Manny.

I'll understand if he has to go due to money, and I know they can replace him. But I still want him if they can make it work, and think he would deserve and earn a reasonable #1 WR contract here.

4f1wlw.jpg

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that they got Adeniyi and Highsmith snaps. I think they are both good OLB's. Highsmith is gonna do big things.

Bud balled the fuck out, but I don't think they will be signing him after this year. Not with Watt's contract coming up too. I think we are very good at OLB for the future, even without Bud.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is a #1. But yeah Ben makes everyone look much better. Offensive FA's who leave tend to have a downward trajectory outside of Manny.

I'll understand if he has to go due to money, and I know they can replace him. But I still want him if they can make it work, and think he would deserve and earn a reasonable #1 WR contract here.

4f1wlw.jpg
We'll see this year. If he's a #1 it will be evident. Would gladly except being wrong (twice) about ol' Limas.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see this year. If he's a #1 it will be evident. Would gladly except being wrong (twice) about ol' Limas.
I hope so!

I think we're spoiled from watching AB, and expecting a #1 WR to be able to be like that. He was just unreal. I have faith in JuJu to be the guy, but most #1 WR's need a decent QB, and a #2 compliment.

I hope our JuJu and Diontae can be on the level of Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley this year.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so!

I think we're spoiled from watching AB, and expecting a #1 WR to be able to be like that. He was just unreal. I have faith in JuJu to be the guy, but most #1 WR's need a decent QB, and a #2 compliment.

I hope our JuJu and Diontae can be on the level of Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley this year.
You might be on to something with the AB comparison. When his head was right he was something to watch.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. It's a loss for depth.

But Dotson came in for Wis and played really well. I like him. Chuks is also a capable tackle. No drop off there.

The Steelers have a REALLY thin OL now, though.

Pouncey is already playing like a kitten. And Villy had a bad game, hope he can turn it around at least. I can't say the same for Pouncey. I hope this is his last year. Not only is he not worth the massive amount of money he's being paid any more, but he's just too often a weak point.
Man if there was ever a year to pull off a splash trade for O-line, this may be it...

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man if there was ever a year to pull off a splash trade for O-line, this may be it...
That won't happen. Not yet at least. I'd like to swipe Patrick Morris back off from the Denver PS to go along with Gray.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, looks like they already signed Banner's replacement, and it isn't Gray.

Jerald Hawkins is back.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That won't happen. Not yet at least. I'd like to swipe Patrick Morris back off from the Denver PS to go along with Gray.
Yea the market would be tight right now. Obviously everyone is high on their 55 guys, so prying someone away would likely cost more. Once the season develops more we might see some teams shop around more.

I was definitely thinking later on in late October at the earliest. RIght now they can snipe PS players if they need quick relief depth. Derwin Gray is definitely getting a call up to active roster. He's OT-capable, so it makes sense. Can't remember his name off the top of my head, but there is another PS kid they currently have that they are high on: JC Hassenauer (sp?) or something like that.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, looks like they already signed Banner's replacement, and it isn't Gray.

Jerald Hawkins is back.

LMAO... So we upgraded our 2021 7th Rd pick to a 2021 6th, AND we get Jerald Hawkins back... FLEECED

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawkins was traded away just like Davis recently. And now both are back.
And Dobbs.

Colbert playin chess while others playin checkers.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea the market would be tight right now. Obviously everyone is high on their 55 guys, so prying someone away would likely cost more. Once the season develops more we might see some teams shop around more.

I was definitely thinking later on in late October at the earliest. RIght now they can snipe PS players if they need quick relief depth. Derwin Gray is definitely getting a call up to active roster. He's OT-capable, so it makes sense. Can't remember his name off the top of my head, but there is another PS kid they currently have that they are high on: JC Hassenauer (sp?) or something like that.
Hassenauer is on the active roster already. He's Pouncey's backup.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hassenauer is on the active roster already. He's Pouncey's backup.
Ah I missed that. He was originally listed as OG IIRC so I imagine he has some position flexibility.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Dobbs.

Colbert playin chess while others playin checkers.
Colbert is the opposite of HOF GMJR for the Penguins who trades away a player, retains half the salary and only gets a conditional 7th round pick.