• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Wk 1... @NYG ***MNF***

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game Info: Week 1
Pittsburgh Steelers vs New York Giants
Monday, September 14, 2020 at 7:10 PM

Betting line: -6 (easy money?)
Over/under: 47.5

Last Regular Season Meeting: Steelers (W) 24-14 vs Giants
Win streak: 2 game PIT
Last 3 Meetings: PIT 2 - 1 NYG
Last 10 Meetings: PIT 6 - 4 NYG

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yinz the season is finally here... Huzzah!

As I've said before there are so many unknowns in regards to scheming in week 1 so I tend to focus more on what we know about coaching in general. This team has been historically weak out the gate, typically stumbling for a half or the entire game until they get their feet underneath them. But that is typically when expectations are high. And this year they are being overlooked so that could be good for them. In terms of X's & O's I don't think the Steelers need to be as worried with that. This team matches up well and should be more than ready handle whatever the Giants throw at them.

Offense... Obviously all eyes are on Ben here to see if the rumors of his arm are true. I'm expecting a run-heavy approach mixed with some dink & dunk to start the game, if not the entire game. It would be good to get Ben's confidence up after basically taking an entire season off. Still wouldn't be surprised to see him unload a couple downfield early on just to turn some heads, especially in primetime. Ben will want to make a statement. Giants were ranked 20th against the run last year but the acquisition of Leonard Williams changed that. He became an instant impact on the interior of their DL. Now after x amount of games & an entire offseason with the team he should be even better for them. I'm ready to see what Banner/Chuks & Feiler (moving back to LG) bring to the table. The Giants' 2nd & 3rd levels are relatively soft though (released Ogletree), which is where they have been giving up the most yards. I expect Fichtner/Canada will want to implement some sort of stretch game to exploit their quickness off the edge and get some O-line to the 2nd level where they can do the most damage. Will be interesting to see what sort of timeshare they have going at RB. Giants were 30th in pts allowed per game allowing a whopping 28.2 pts/g. Considering they did very little outside of retaining Williams to improve their defense, we should expect similar results. Plus they lost S Xavier McKinney & LB David Mayo to IR in camp so that only further hurts their defense. Offense shouldn't have much of a problem moving the ball on MNF so long as they play cleanly.

Defense... RT Nate Solder opted out, so their O-line is going to be a lot weaker off the edge. Look for Watt to have a heyday over there. Rookie 1st Rd pick LT Andrew Thomas will get baptism by fire in his first start going up against Dupree. Hopefully Dupree keeps up his recent trend of playing well. Their interior OL is decent with Zeitler & Hernandez, but they are still no match for a healthy Heyward, Tuitt & Alualu. I'm expecting this defensive front to absolutely terrorize the Giants backfield, which is key to disrupting what strengths they have as an offensive unit. Barkley is very tough to bring down so getting a pad on him in the backfield to slow him down is going to be instrumental to keeping him bottled up. Daniel Jones (aka Danny Dimes) started to display some confidence last season. Getting this relatively young QB out of rhythm will help keep the backend locked in. Their receiving personnel are very talented, so keeping their passing range shortened will help.

On paper the Giants stand little chance here. But the Steelers could be their own worst enemy. If the Steelers can come out hot & mitigate the penalties that stall drives (or extend them on the opposite side of the ball), then talent should triumph.

STEELERS 28 - GIANTS 13

:yahoo:

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeCastro likely out week 1. Wisniewski to fill in?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeCastro likely out week 1. Wisniewski to fill in?

F*ck that is terrible news. The 1 guy I have faith in on the O-line is gone this week.

Thank the Lord its just the Giants. But Leonard Williams is probably going to be a problem all game long.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisniewski is an old pro and I would expect him to hold his own though.

Ben is coming back to an OL that he doesn't recognize though.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers are my dark horse to go to the SB.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisniewski is an old pro and I would expect him to hold his own though.

Ben is coming back to an OL that he doesn't recognize though.
Well the 2 most important positions are recognizable at C & LT. That should instill all the confidence he needs.

Then again we saw quite a few bad snaps last season from Pouncey down the stretch. Something I am still concerned about this year. He better have that shit cleaned up this season.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers are my dark horse to go to the SB.
Hope you're right. I worry about the schedule being as soft as it looks... These guys might turn into paper champions.

But this defense should be more than capable of getting them there.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it all hinges on Ben. I'm on pins and needles waiting for confirmation of his return to form. Worried that it's all smoke and mirrors and hoping he's back 100%. They need a strong showing which like you said, isn't their specialty out of the gate.

Steelers 24 Giants 13

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game Info: Week 1
Pittsburgh Steelers vs New York Giants
Monday, September 14, 2020 at 7:10 PM

Betting line: -6 (easy money?)
Over/under: 47.5

Last Regular Season Meeting: Steelers (W) 24-14 vs Giants
Win streak: 2 game PIT
Last 3 Meetings: PIT 2 - 1 NYG
Last 10 Meetings: PIT 6 - 4 NYG

I am more than ready for some NFL football.

No fans in the stands? I don't care.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it all hinges on Ben. I'm on pins and needles waiting for confirmation of his return to form. Worried that it's all smoke and mirrors and hoping he's back 100%. They need a strong showing which like you said, isn't their specialty out of the gate.

Steelers 24 Giants 13
This is a perfect matchup to get Ben's feet wet. If they can't get it going against the G-men then I think we should be very worried about this coaching staff.........again lol

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot they signed Ebron. I hope it works out correctly this time.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot they signed Ebron. I hope it works out correctly this time.
If he can stay healthy. I know Tomlin will challenge him to block in the trenches. Ebron already said early in camp that he was required to do things that he has never done before. Or at least not in camp. Going to be interested to see if he has the mental toughness to withstand the trenches & to lay it all out down the seams.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a win for them but w/o any preseason games and under Tomlin are notoriously slow out of the gate they will be 0-1 after tonight.

24 NYG - 21 - Pit