• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

with the 4th overall pick in the 2011 entry draft....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In reality, just about any move we make I'll be happy with. It would take a real reach to get a player for me to be upset. Draft any position, I don't care. Trade the pick if we have to. This is the benefit of actually having a good team, you have a ton of options.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Going to the duchense Hedman question it's total a valid question. That year you had a highly touted euro d to a great canadian center. Now to further show imo the available made the right pick...they added a stud d man in Johnson VIA trade. Devils in a very similar boat....granted like someone said the bolts didn't need a center. I don't know where lindstrom fits into this conversation since I think he was drafted in the 5th round.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned Lidstrom comparing him to Hedman, my point being there are a lot more mediocre european defenseman than elite, hence my bias against them. The Duchene vs Hedman comparison makes much more sense. I just like the thought of another Jason Arnott type center in his prime.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The comparison isn't completely valid. Hopkins is the Duchense equivalent for this year and its pretty much guaranteed that the Oilers will pick him.

Nevertheless, I'm sure Tampa is very happy to have Hedman and aren't concerned about Duchense. They made an excellent pick and got an excellent player for it.

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Devils need most to improve by getting puck moving D and goal setting F (Type of J. Thornton, M. St. Louis).

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i really do believe if the bolts didnt have stamkos and vinny already i really think they would've went with duchense. thats just me though..i gotta say its pretty fun looking forward to the draft for once! lol

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really do believe if the bolts didnt have stamkos and vinny already i really think they would've went with duchense. thats just me though..i gotta say its pretty fun looking forward to the draft for once! lol

I think the same about duchene hedman.very nervous and excited about the draft

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the same about duchene hedman.very nervous and excited about the draft

I think Hedman is going to be a very good player. He's only 20 & in his second year in the league. It take longer for defenseman to develop than it does forwards. His team is in the Conference finals so he must be doing something right.

Can you imagine the amount of games Stevens would be suspended for if he had to play by the rules in place today? He'd miss half the season every year.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did make him see the light

I remember when Paul Kariya came back with a CONCUSSION to score after a big hit from Stevens. Now they never would have let him back on the ice.

I have a feeling Ottawa is going to attempt to trade up into the top 3 or 4 picks. Would you be upset or happy if Lou decided to trade down?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when Paul Kariya came back with a CONCUSSION to score after a big hit from Stevens. Now they never would have let him back on the ice.

I have a feeling Ottawa is going to attempt to trade up into the top 3 or 4 picks. Would you be upset or happy if Lou decided to trade down?

I had A lot more respect for Kariya after that.As far as trading down I wouldnt put it past Lou but I would be upset.Its not often we are in this position and there was a lot of luck involved.I want to see the most made of the pick and I like the potential options at the 4 spot

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wont be suprised. but hey, seeing as how we have to dump a slight bit of salary i won't be suprised to see the 4th overall coupled w a guy like zubrus or clarkson to move up either.

i don't see us moving down any further than 6, i would be disapointed but as long as we get one of couturier larsson huberdeau hamilton or maybe murphy, ill live.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had A lot more respect for Kariya after that.As far as trading down I wouldnt put it past Lou but I would be upset.Its not often we are in this position and there was a lot of luck involved.I want to see the most made of the pick and I like the potential options at the 4 spot

I think it will depend on who's available. I think Landeskog is somebody Murray covets. He was the only person at the draft lottery who said anything noteworthy. He said their 5 players they liked, but some more than others. Murray is sitting at 6. He's got Nashville's 1st his own 2nd & Boston's 2nd to use as trade bait to move up.

Colorado could be a trading partner as well as NJ. They have the 2nd & 11th picks overall, however they don't have a 2nd or 3rd round pick in this years draft.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats my thinking right there.

i will NOT be suprised to see us dish up to 2nd potentially, almost as a salary dump. i would not be suprised at all to see some combo of the 4 overall/zubes/clarkie or even a prospect like gelinas or even urbom to move up

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i will NOT be suprised to see us dish up to 2nd potentially, almost as a salary dump. i would not be suprised at all to see some combo of the 4 overall/zubes/clarkie or even a prospect like gelinas or even urbom to move up

If they trade a certain player I'm not talking to you for a year rko :D

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Colorado needs a goalie. Would you give up Clermont as part of a deal to move up?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this idea better :D

The Devils have the Capitals 2nd round pick right?

I know they've signed one of the Pickard brothers who they drafted. However with their goalie issues they need all the help they can get.

How about something like the 4th pick overall Washington's 2nd & Clermont for the 2nd pick overall? I don't know if Colorado would go for it, but it's something Lou could ask about. The problem is Colorado needs an NHL ready starting goalie. I doubt Clermont is ready yet.