• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With the 2nd pick in the draft

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Washington did have their 1st round pick this year we would be drafting 2nd. My question is who would we take?

I would take OT Matthews or OLB Barr

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Washington did have their 1st round pick this year we would be drafting 2nd. My question is who would we take?

With the second pick take a RT or OLB (that we don't need)? No. I bet we would trade back and pick up a second 1st round pick. That's what I would think about doing.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the second pick take a RT or OLB (that we don't need)? No. I bet we would trade back and pick up a second 1st round pick. That's what I would think about doing.

Thanks for ruining a hypothetical question. Not trading back, or any other scenario but if you had to pick a player with the 2nd pick in the draft who would you take?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for ruining a hypothetical question. Not trading back, or any other scenario but if you had to pick a player with the 2nd pick in the draft who would you take?

Didn't mean to rain on your parade! Given that scenario where we have to take someone, I would probably take a QB......just kidding. I would look at the best player at either S, CB or WR. These are huge impact positions and guys taken at this level would be PB caliber. We can get a PB caliber RT with a second round pick. We don't need an OLB, however, we do need an ILB. Again, you can get a PB caliber ILB with your 2nd round pick.

I'm not familiar enough with the individual players to suggest one, although I know that WR from Clemson is supposed to be a can't miss......but we've heard that before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we had this pick, it would be under the premise that we didnt trade for RG3. So one would hope that we would have all ready gotten An o-lineman, Safety and another Line backer with the three picks we have already used. So the obvious choice would then be a QB.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we had this pick, it would be under the premise that we didnt trade for RG3. So one would hope that we would have all ready gotten An o-lineman, Safety and another Line backer with the three picks we have already used. So the obvious choice would then be a QB.

so in other words we would be exactly where we would be now ? we just have a different set of musical chairs and the needs are just different

to answer the question the way the OP wants it , it would be the BPA because i dont see any value in addressing the needs we would have . i cant see manziel or bridgewater being value at # 2 overall

the smart thing to do would be to trade down

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so in other words we would be exactly where we would be now ? we just have a different set of musical chairs and the needs are just different

to answer the question the way the OP wants it , it would be the BPA because i dont see any value in addressing the needs we would have . i cant see manziel or bridgewater being value at # 2 overall

the smart thing to do would be to trade down

Aside from being 3-8, how would we be right here we are now?? We would have (hypothetically) Two young starting tackles in Williams and who ever we picked up. We would have a young starting ILB, and we would have atleast one of our starting safty's.

Right now we have the QB (hopefully)... still need the olineman, LB and Safety. And one of those two will likely go in the top five, Bridgemater might go #1 over all.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK to play the what if we still had this pick and Griffin game... they would trade down. There isnt a RT worth the #2 pick in the draft. Nor is there an ILB, Safety or CB worthy of the pick. We wouldnt take a QB, so the only option would be to trade out of the spot. Which by the way is what I expect the Rams will likely do.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK to play the what if we still had this pick and Griffin game... they would trade down. There isnt a RT worth the #2 pick in the draft. Nor is there an ILB, Safety or CB worthy of the pick. We wouldnt take a QB, so the only option would be to trade out of the spot. Which by the way is what I expect the Rams will likely do.

Rams may very well take a QB and trade Bradford.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aside from being 3-8, how would we be right here we are now?? We would have (hypothetically) Two young starting tackles in Williams and who ever we picked up. We would have a young starting ILB, and we would have atleast one of our starting safty's.

Right now we have the QB (hopefully)... still need the olineman, LB and Safety. And one of those two will likely go in the top five, Bridgemater might go #1 over all.

really ? we would have the ILB ? i doubt it LBF was still a pro bowl player (and would still have another one coming ) and robinson was/is still in the fold

perhaps we could have had a safety but we still need one if not more

we still have needs at al 3 o/line positions , 2 de positions , 2 cb positions , the TE position and 2 wrs add to it the qb we never got

we would still be the 2nd worst team in football and we would just have a different set of needs and we would be moaning about why we didnt pull the trigger on a franchise qb trade ? when we had the chance

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really ? we would have the ILB ? i doubt it LBF was still a pro bowl player (and would still have another one coming ) and robinson was/is still in the fold

perhaps we could have had a safety but we still need one if not more

we still have needs at al 3 o/line positions , 2 de positions , 2 cb positions , the TE position and 2 wrs add to it the qb we never got

we would still be the 2nd worst team in football and we would just have a different set of needs and we would be moaning about why we didnt pull the trigger on a franchise qb trade ? when we had the chance

Skinsdad.... I honestly dont think we would be 3-8 right now. We would not have won the division last year. But we also wouldnt be as bad as we are this year either.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad.... I honestly dont think we would be 3-8 right now. We would not have won the division last year. But we also wouldnt be as bad as we are this year either.

i disagree i doubt we sniff at a division title with rex grossman and john beck at qb or with tannehill

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i disagree i doubt we sniff at a division title with rex grossman and john beck at qb or with tannehill

I specifically said we likely would NOT have won the division last year with Grossman, Beck Tannehill or any other QB for that matter. But we would have been no worse off, and likely better since we would have been able to atleast attempt to address the other positions listed through the draft. I realize we won the Division primarily on the play of RG3 last year. But it is possible we would be in a better position as a TEAM (not at a single position) had we gone the other route.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys suck at this. NO TRADING away the pick. You pick a player with the 2nd pick in the draft.
This scenario we have the same roster as we do today (yes with RG3) but also have the 1st rd pick. Who do you take? I still go OT, LB, or CB. So from what I am seeing it comes down to OT Matthews, OLB Barr, or ILB Mosley. Taking a WR like Watkins would be nice but I don't see WR as much as a need as O-line or LB. Secondary help would be nice but I don't see any good players to take with the 2nd pick.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lolz Ritz! Making me laugh, seeing you try to herd everyone back to your OP...

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I had to chose at #2 and wasn't allowed to trade down, the pick is easy.

Jadeveon Clowney because I believe in taking BPA.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys suck at this. NO TRADING away the pick. You pick a player with the 2nd pick in the draft.
This scenario we have the same roster as we do today (yes with RG3) but also have the 1st rd pick. Who do you take? I still go OT, LB, or CB. So from what I am seeing it comes down to OT Matthews, OLB Barr, or ILB Mosley. Taking a WR like Watkins would be nice but I don't see WR as much as a need as O-line or LB. Secondary help would be nice but I don't see any good players to take with the 2nd pick.

OK Ritz... if we got no choice but to use the pick, you obviously take the best OT on the board. Doesnt matter if he is actually a left tackle. Next option would be a stud D-lineman. I just cant fathom dropping the #2 pick on an ILB. And we could get a Randy Moss/Chris Carter/Art Monk splice clone at WR and it wouldnt matter if we cant actually protect the QB, so WR is out. Same for a CB if we dont start bring some pressure from the front seven.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I specifically said we likely would NOT have won the division last year with Grossman, Beck Tannehill or any other QB for that matter. But we would have been no worse off, and likely better since we would have been able to atleast attempt to address the other positions listed through the draft. I realize we won the Division primarily on the play of RG3 last year. But it is possible we would be in a better position as a TEAM (not at a single position) had we gone the other route.

well what is better off 1 div. title and a losing season , or 2 losing seasons ?

i believe we are in the middle of a detroit lions type of deal where they went 10-6 2 yrs ago went 4-12 last season , and are in the running for the division title this season.

i believe with the cap restrictions gone and another good draft (2-7 ) that we should be able to make a run at it again

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well what is better off 1 div. title and a losing season , or 2 losing seasons ?

i believe we are in the middle of a detroit lions type of deal where they went 10-6 2 yrs ago went 4-12 last season , and are in the running for the division title this season.

i believe with the cap restrictions gone and another good draft (2-7 ) that we should be able to make a run at it again

And I believe we would have been a 7-9 to 8-8 team last year even with a different QB, and likely in the same range this year. But would have been able to fill holes on the team instead of starting guys like Mediue Williams and trying to convince everyone that our o-line was a good o-line.

And if we are starting from scratch in two months, I dont think that Division title was worth it