• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With the 13th pick in the 3rd Round, Broncos select Michael Ojemudia, CB, Iowa

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems to be a good tackler which we all know Fangio values.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Pete Prisco of CBSsports;

Grade: A- Major length, speed, quick-area twitch and playmaking in off-coverage. Ready to be an impactful starter as a rookie. Reads routes quickly. Not a mirroring master down the field. Doesn't have to be the CB1 with A.J. Bouye on the roster.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a really smart young man. I don't know much about him as a football player. I'm hopeful @Draft Crazy or @Dr Cyanide 28 would lend us an opinion.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I posted in the other thread.

Mixed. The fit is fine. I think he fits the Fangio scheme very well... When I watched Ojemudia at Iowa, he was always pretty dependable which is always good. Smart guy, didn't make mental mistakes. Just never struck me as that guy that had a lot of upside, he has the physical tools so more likely just me not seeing it in him as a hunch more then anything... Was he good? Yes, he was good. Was he great? No, but very dependable to be in the right spot and played smart... I think his hips need some work, and he needs to be a litte more aggressive. I worry about him vs speed WR's. Like Yiadom you can't leave him on and island in the NFL. I had him as a round 5 pick for his play, and a Round 4 pick for his workout stuff moving him up. Not an awful pick by any means, just earlier then I expected. I am happy. An Iowa CB for the first time in my life... But if it wasn't for me personally knowing him I would maybe be a smidge unexcited about this pick, but we could have done far worse. Good player just not fancy to me like maybe a Kayvon Webster was when we took him with similar tools.

Oje supplied me with Iowa tickets the last two year so this one is special to me in a personal way. REALLY REALLY good person. His dream job after football is to work in auto design. His father worked at Ford motor company. Very smart kid. Ojemudia will graduate from Iowa with a degree in mechanical engineering. Bright guy. Soft spoken, well spoken, very calm guy. Always relaxed and focused.

Don't ask me what his favorite ice cream flavor is though.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC that is what I gathered from reading on him, good but not great. I hope he does well. I read some where that he might project as a S in the NFL.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC that is what I gathered from reading on him, good but not great. I hope he does well. I read some where that he might project as a S in the NFL.

Safety would be interesting to me. He does play well downhill so it is a possibility down the line if he has to make that move. Doesn't anticipate well. My knock on him has always been that he needs to be more aggressive and anticipate more. He always seemed to make a clutch play late in games when needed, but I also felt like he had a lot more opportunity to make plays on the football and he plays a bit too safe at times. Which is good and bad. If Fangion can coach him up to become more of a dog, and become more aggressive without losing the good discipline that he has he could develop into something good.

I do feel like this is such an Elway type of Rd 3 DB pick

Kayvon Webster (turned out pretty good)
Branden Langley (awful)
Isaac Yiadom (Between Webster and Langley so far, not impressive so far)
Michael Ojeumudia

All guys who had good size/speed combination but very raw coming out. Upside, but guys I would have had more in round 4 or in Langleys case Rd 5/6 who Elway took in rd 3.

Not an Elway picks but also reminds me of when we took Karl Paymah and Jeremy LeSeuer in round 3.

We haven't had great luck in Rd 3 at CB, and often take guy I have a lower grade on. I hope Oje bucks that trend.

Foxworth did turn out decent in Rd 3, and he was a way different type of CB then the ones I listed above.

This is the 3rd year in a row Denver has drafted an Iowa player. (Jewell, Fant, Ojemudia)

Denver continues to add Iowa players, a school that they plucked a player from every once in a blue moon up until a few years back.

The biggest downfaill to me was that we passed on Cameron Dantzler, who to me I could have justified at the end of Round 1 because he played at a round 1 level this year, workout numbers hurt.

Overall really hoping Ojemudia works out here... Great guy!

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This pick was a reach, IMO. Hope he turns out good but he probably would have been available much later in the draft.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my least favorite pick at this point in the draft. I do think his size will help this Dbackfield and I also like smart football players. Maybe if he spends his whole time improving his game instead of becoming an engineer will really help him become a better player.

I have to remember in the Fangio defense CBs are not as important as Safeties. So leaving this fellow in on the zone coverage and letting him tackle people will probably work.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa has been putting DBs into the NFL

Desmond King Currently with LA Chargers
Micah Hyde currently with Buffalo Bills

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This pick was a reach, IMO. Hope he turns out good but he probably would have been available much later in the draft.

He surely wouldn't be availabe "much later" He was going Round 4 at the latest.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa has been putting DBs into the NFL

Desmond King Currently with LA Chargers
Micah Hyde currently with Buffalo Bills

Josh Jackson currently of the Green Bay Packers
Greg Mabin currently of the Cincinnati Bengals
Jake Gervase currently of the Los Angeles Rams
Amani Hooker currently of the Tennessee Titans

Iowa isn't a DB factory by any means, but they have done a good job at putting DB's in the NFL the last 10 years. Drafted in recent years....

Tyler Sash, Giants
Amari Spievey, Lions
Charles Godfrey, Panthers
Jordan Bernsteine, Redskins

Iowa has really done a good job at putting every position in the NFL outside QB and WR under the Ferentz era.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spoke to OJ (His nickname) via text late last night. As you can expected very happy. Didn't tell him I was surprised he went Round 3... I wasn't shocked as with his measureables I don't see it as a shock. He was really rising... Wants to grab #23.

Not gonna sit here and promise a great player because as I stated earlier I thought it was a little early for him, but physically he has it and hard to find a better character guy.

If he can be coached up to attack, anticipate and not lose his smart/dependable style he plays with he will be a good pick. If he stays as is he is probably going to be just another 3rd round CB that we took too early.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
an extremely talented & bright corner He’s an exceptional tackler with good instincts and movement

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may have already said this, sometimes I forget what I say but one thing I noticed when watching Ojemudia is his hips do need to get better.

He is a good tackler, that is for sure. Will probably be a gunner from day 1 as he develops as a CB.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust that Fangio sees him and thinks he can coach him up to be a good DB. We took him because he's the guy Fangio wants on his defense. Hopefully he can blossom into a top tier player with the coaching he's gonna get.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust that Fangio sees him and thinks he can coach him up to be a good DB. We took him because he's the guy Fangio wants on his defense. Hopefully he can blossom into a top tier player with the coaching he's gonna get.

What? I could have sworn we took him because Andy Reid had thought he was a good fit.. ;)