• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

With a title win Oregon becomes

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter anymore bama can't rely on hype or polls myth is busted the playoffs are here :pound:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't care who bamas coach is lmfao bama still afraid to play a home and home

Oh yeah, USC been turning down other neutral site offers left and right?

Which ones?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter anymore bama can't rely on hype or polls myth is busted the playoffs are here :pound:

USC fan talking about hype and polls.

When was the last time USC won a national championship?

Leroy Brown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like you are trying to say that because they are BCS titles that they are mythical. Funny, playing the what if game.

I will say this though.

2012 Notre Dame beat Stanford, Oregon didn't. They also beat Oklahoma by a higher margin than K State did. They also went undefeated, whereas K State and Oregon did not. That's why people saw them as being one of the 2 best teams in the country.

And what if FSU had beaten Oregon? And Alabama beats OSU? Then what would that have said about Oregon? Its easy to play theoreticals.

But Alabama beat the breaks off of Notre Dame. Who else did that in 2012? Not Stanford. Not Oklahoma.

Alabama ran over Texas with 2 100 yd RBs. Who else did that in 2009? Not Oklahoma. Not Nebraska.

Alabama dominated LSU and shut them out, 21-0. Who did that in 2011? Not Oregon. Not West Virginia.

None of what I just listed is theoretical. The thing that makes college football so unique though is that you can't play multiple teams twice in a season. Its nearly impossible to do. What if Oregon had to play Arizona State instead of Arizona? Its hard to beat the same team twice in a season. Unless one is clearly superior or mentally owned. I'm not so sure Oregon would have beaten Arizona State. But I guess we will never know. Because Arizona lucked out and beat Arizona State, we will never find out for sure. It isn't fair that Arizona had to play them twice. See how that sounds?

And I'm not saying any of that is my opinion. Arizona did what they had to do to make the Pac12 championship. But there is no "game 3" proposals. You know, like after Alabama beat down LSU? When you looked at the eye test, it was obvious that Alabama and LSU were the 2 best teams in 2011. And if they had been matched up with Stanford and Oklahoma State and beat both of those teams, it wouldn't have changed a thing, it still would be "well the SEC is the best."

But again, that's theoretical. The only thing we can go by is outcomes. What happens on the field. And going by that, Alabama beat 3 undefeated teams in BCS title games by an average score of 33.3-11.6 - an average margin of victory of 21.7 points over teams that combined were 38-0. Please find me somewhere a team that has been that dominant in national championship games in a time span of 4 years. If you guessed anyone other than Nebraska from 94-97, you're wrong. That's the only team in comoarison.

But let's just write off what Alabama has done and admire Oregon's accomplishments, because Oregon just started playing for national championships. NOW these championships are legit.

You completely crushed their pathetic argument. Only a fan of a team who hasn't won any national championships would be ridiculous enough to say everything else in the past was mythical.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC fan talking about hype and polls.

When was the last time USC won a national championship?

2004 without needing to depend on our conference or a cupcake schedule 2003 we shared a title because of tSEC hype. Doesn't matter now new system SEC hype busted

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Bama was totally exposed after OSU blew them out in the first round of the playoffs.

Geez, think some of you folks actually believe the stuff you post.

ArrogantBAMAFan

Built by BAMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference championship end discussion national championship invalid myth busted

Who created this myth and who busted this myth? LOL @ hiding behind Alabama's loss. We haven't had a championship in 2 years and people still find a reason to hate Bama. I love it! :yahoo::yahoo:

ArrogantBAMAFan

Built by BAMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is dumb. What if 3 SEC teams make the playoffs next year? Oregon fans(And that 1 USC fan) would explode.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like you are trying to say that because they are BCS titles that they are mythical. Funny, playing the what if game.

I will say this though.

2012 Notre Dame beat Stanford, Oregon didn't. They also beat Oklahoma by a higher margin than K State did. They also went undefeated, whereas K State and Oregon did not. That's why people saw them as being one of the 2 best teams in the country.

And what if FSU had beaten Oregon? And Alabama beats OSU? Then what would that have said about Oregon? Its easy to play theoreticals.

But Alabama beat the breaks off of Notre Dame. Who else did that in 2012? Not Stanford. Not Oklahoma.

Alabama ran over Texas with 2 100 yd RBs. Who else did that in 2009? Not Oklahoma. Not Nebraska.

Alabama dominated LSU and shut them out, 21-0. Who did that in 2011? Not Oregon. Not West Virginia.

None of what I just listed is theoretical. The thing that makes college football so unique though is that you can't play multiple teams twice in a season. Its nearly impossible to do. What if Oregon had to play Arizona State instead of Arizona? Its hard to beat the same team twice in a season. Unless one is clearly superior or mentally owned. I'm not so sure Oregon would have beaten Arizona State. But I guess we will never know. Because Arizona lucked out and beat Arizona State, we will never find out for sure. It isn't fair that Arizona had to play them twice. See how that sounds?

And I'm not saying any of that is my opinion. Arizona did what they had to do to make the Pac12 championship. But there is no "game 3" proposals. You know, like after Alabama beat down LSU? When you looked at the eye test, it was obvious that Alabama and LSU were the 2 best teams in 2011. And if they had been matched up with Stanford and Oklahoma State and beat both of those teams, it wouldn't have changed a thing, it still would be "well the SEC is the best."

But again, that's theoretical. The only thing we can go by is outcomes. What happens on the field. And going by that, Alabama beat 3 undefeated teams in BCS title games by an average score of 33.3-11.6 - an average margin of victory of 21.7 points over teams that combined were 38-0. Please find me somewhere a team that has been that dominant in national championship games in a time span of 4 years. If you guessed anyone other than Nebraska from 94-97, you're wrong. That's the only team in comoarison.

But let's just write off what Alabama has done and admire Oregon's accomplishments, because Oregon just started playing for national championships. NOW these championships are legit.
Very good argument

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add a national title to Oregons accolades this past decade and they become the most successful program of last 10 years...straight impressive.

In last 10 years:

Alabama - 3 National Championships
Florida - 2 National Championships
LSU - 2 National Championships
Oregon - 0 National Championships

One of these is not like the others.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read through some of this thread:

1.) :lol: @Gump Nation and and their always easily rustled jimmies.

2.) ALL National Championships are legit as long as they were fairly awarded under the system that existed at the time. Just because the system changes, doesn't mean those NC's are suddenly "mythical" or that they mean any less. Regardless of when your team won an NC, if it was done according to the system in place at the time, it counts as much as any other NC's won under different systems.

It's pretty simple:

If your team won an NC during the "poll era", it counts.

If they won an NC during the "BCS era" amid it's constant changes, it counts.

If your team wins during the 4 team playoff era, it will count, even when the "4 team playoff era" eventually becomes the "8 team playoff era".

Last edited by a moderator:

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pop2:

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read through some of this thread:

1.) :lol: @Gump Nation and and their always easily rustled jimmies.

2.) ALL National Championships are legit as long as they were fairly awarded under the system that existed at the time. Just because the system changes, doesn't mean those NC's are suddenly "mythical" or that they mean any less. Regardless of when your team won an NC, if it was done according to the system in place at the time, it counts as much as any other NC's won under different systems.

It's pretty simple:

If your team won an NC during the "poll era", it counts.

If they won an NC during the "BCS era" amid it's constant changes, it counts.

If your team wins during the 4 team playoff era, it will count, even when the "4 team playoff era" eventually becomes the "8 team playoff era".

:10:Nice post!!